Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kerry Road Championships Sat 20th Aug

• 16-08-2011 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

For any riders not aware, the 2011 Kerry Road Championships takes place this Sat 20th Aug at Kilgobnet near Killorglin.

All cyclists from Kerry or with a Kerry club are eligible.

Full details are available from the Killorglin CC website http://www.killorglincycling.com/?p=504

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

F&@KING incredible, Kerry has some of the best cycling routes & climbs in the country, and then they go hold the County Champs on a flat 12 lap bogger crit course :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Murph100 wrote: »
    F&@KING incredible, Kerry has some of the best cycling routes & climbs in the country, and then they go hold the County Champs on a flat 12 lap bogger crit course :rolleyes:

Something in what you said reminded me of an Andy Schleck quote during TDF ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Went out and gave my first 'race race' a go at the Kerry Co RR Champs. Pfew - was some serious belting. I knew I was on for an 'educational experience' as I've been more-or-less off the bike for the last while thesis typing but I was able to stay with the main bunch for ~2 laps (10km) and then lost em along with a few others and then managed to keep on in that group until somewhere between 35 and 40km when the legs failed to respond to a burst of pace out of a corner (damn you legs! I said shut up! FFS!!). I almost got back on at one point but got caught behind a farmer herding cows across the road, a total cow-tastrophy, and it became less of a race for me and more of an ITT from then on.

So, long story short is I took nothing from today's race but some good experience and despite being dropped I'm not dissuaded from giving more racing a go (though after getting a bit more training in! The lungs and heart were fine but the legs need to get used to the higher pace and the punchy accelerations). A bit of good news was I did take a third place team cat medal home from the Kerry TT champs held earlier in the year which was given out today also so that was a cool and totally unexpected bonus.

Strava says I put down an 'Extreme' ride by their sufferscore measure which ties in with my avg HR of 93% of max (184bpm), so I'm happy that I left all I could on the road. Very happy and proud of how the Club did too - 8 2nd/3rd place medals brought home between the A4, junior, women's, 40+ and the TT team cats. Not bad for a group of primarily sportif riders at all.

Some great athletes out on the road giving it their all so a big well done to all the other racers and clubs who raced today win or lose (some day maybe I'll even finish in the bunch with ye :p). There was a great turn out with (I think) most if not all of the established Kerry clubs and a good scatter of other county clubs represented by competitors. Definitely a good sign that Kerry road racing is alive and in very good health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Results pls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

ROK ON wrote: »
    Results pls.

Matt Slattery
    Daniel Clifford
    John BLackwell
    Paul Griffin
    Niall Brosnan
    Cian Hogan
    Maurice Lawlor

Tough day has to be said went away from the line and stayed there till the finish still managed to keep the A3 prize.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭rash

full results & photos are up on killorglincycling.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

Ballsy move, well done Crash !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Pat Kavanagh

Matt Slattery
    Daniel Clifford
    John BLackwell
    Paul Griffin
    Niall Brosnan
    Cian Hogan
    Maurice Lawlor

Tough day has to be said went away from the line and stayed there till the finish still managed to keep the A3 prize.

Blackweel beat Clifford in the sprint

Advertisement