Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking about changing to HTC Sensation

• 16-08-2011 10:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hello all!!

I'm thinking about upgrading my mobile shortly.I've been a Nokia user for about the last 12 years, but Nokia just seem to be falling behind when it comes to the Smart Phone.I know they have the N9 coming soon, but the Symbian platform it will be using just doesn't seem to be catching on.

I'm not a fan of itunes,so the iphone is out.But I like what I'm reading about the HTC Sensation. One of my main concerns about changing handsets though is the transfer of contacts from one handset to another.Is it possible to do a bluetooth device transfer from a nokia to htc handset?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I dunno about Nokia to HTC directly but your better off exporting to a CSV file then importing into your Google Contacts since the HTC would sync directly with this.

Just to note aswell, the N9 will be using Meego not Symbian but its likely to be abandoned after release

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Coming from my nokia to first android i think i synced with outlook which could then be exported to gmail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

There's an option in the "People" app on the Sensation to "Import from SIM". I haven't used it though, i use Gmail for my contacts...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I went from Nokia to the Sensation only a month ago. When you set up your HTC, it takes you through some steps to import your contacts via Bluetooth. Its very easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

It's very simple really. Last year I switched from Nokia to HTC. There's an option in Nokia to save you contacts as vcf file. It will save the individual vcf files in a folder on the memory card. Copy the folder from Nokia memory card to HTC memory card. Go to HTC contacts, select import and then select the directory on your memory card.

It's really very simple and at best 5-10 min work.

From there on you can sync your contacts to your gmail account so that you always have a backup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Can you not just save your contacts to sim and move them to the new phone? That's what I did yesterday, also changing from Nokia to a Sensation. Changed to a new sim but had the contacts on the new phone before moving over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭ehealo

Funkstard wrote: »
    Can you not just save your contacts to sim and move them to the new phone? That's what I did yesterday, also changing from Nokia to a Sensation. Changed to a new sim but had the contacts on the new phone before moving over.
    How are you finding the Sensation?

keano_afc wrote: »
    I went from Nokia to the Sensation only a month ago. When you set up your HTC, it takes you through some steps to import your contacts via Bluetooth. Its very easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

ehealo wrote: »

Its brilliant. Couldnt put it down for the first couple of days. Seemless intergration with social websites and its so customizable its just not true. Battery life is a downside, this week I've left work at 4pm after having it on charge all day and by the time I go to bed at 11pm after moderate usage I'd have about 25% left. Any sort of heavy usage and I might get maybe 5-6 hours out of it. I'm hearing that installing a custom ROM could improve battery life, I just havent a buls notion how to do that. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

the battery life on mine is fantastic, last an entire day, only once have i seen the battery in the orange and i never charge it in the day. i have it hooked up to bluetooth in my car for about 4 hours playing music and use the sat nav a few times and still im left with about 50% at the end of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

to allan 175, sorry for hijacking but i'm amazed at your battery life!!
    do you make any calls/ do much texting?
    i've never got more then 12 hrs out of my battery and thats just with moderate use:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

ehealo wrote: »
    Hello all!!

I'm thinking about upgrading my mobile shortly.I've been a Nokia user for about the last 12 years, but Nokia just seem to be falling behind when it comes to the Smart Phone.I know they have the N9 coming soon, but the Symbian platform it will be using just doesn't seem to be catching on.

I'm not a fan of itunes,so the iphone is out.But I like what I'm reading about the HTC Sensation. One of my main concerns about changing handsets though is the transfer of contacts from one handset to another.Is it possible to do a bluetooth device transfer from a nokia to htc handset?

HTC phones have an option to transfer phone info on initial start up. It connects through bt and transfers contacts and other stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

joanofarc wrote: »
    to allan 175, sorry for hijacking but i'm amazed at your battery life!!
    do you make any calls/ do much texting?
    i've never got more then 12 hrs out of my battery and thats just with moderate use:(

a few calls and texts here and there, not an extreme amount of use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I went from an iPhone 4 to the Sensation 2 weeks ago. While I like it, the batery is terrible. With heavy use it'd last maybe 5-6 hours. If I avoid using 3G and Internet in general it will last a lot longer though. If I just use it for calls and texts I'd have pleanty of battery at the end of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭32yg

If you don't have a lot of contacts you could save them to the sim card.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Anybody have any recommendations where is the cheapest/most reputable to buy an unlocked htc sensation on line?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Does this phone have a hdmi connection,has it a WLAN wizard,compass,social network capability?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

seligehgit wrote: »
    Does this phone have a hdmi connection,has it a WLAN wizard,compass,social network capability?

Yes (micro-HDMI port)
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes

I'm going to wait and see what the Sensation XL Beats is like. Seems to have a great big screen, but only a single core processor.

Advertisement