Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most affordable way to get a car ?

Options
  • 16-08-2011 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭

Heading to Perth first week in september and the company mr sudz's is working for (457) is a bit vague about what the situation is with providing a car. I think they won't subsidise that for more than 1 -2 months, if even :rolleyes: So what would be the most economical way to get our hands on transport. It looks like buying second hand is expensive and we're not bringing our car as it would cost even more!

So is there any option such as leasing that might be a better option. Had a quick at rentals and that's very pricey too. Think that was more for holiday rentals though...

Any advice appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Well if ye are going there on a 457 i presume ye intend on staying for greater than one year in perth.
    If that is the case then buying a car is your best bet in my opionin. Second hand cars are not as cheap as in Ireland but they also hold their value pretty well.
    Remember you get what you pay for though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

The only advice I can offer is that you don't want to rent. You want to lease. I can only assume that since 2 months is not long enough then this is either permanent or long term?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Saruman wrote: »
    The only advice I can offer is that you don't want to rent. You want to lease. I can only assume that since 2 months is not long enough then this is either permanent or long term?

Thanks, yes we'll be there 18 months minimum. Hopefully the company will sort that out, they're being a bit vague about it. :rolleyes: So buying is the most economical... is there any hire purchase deals that don't have mental interest that might be a viable option?? Or is it just best to bite the bullet and buy in the hope we'll recoup a good bit when selling 2 years later?

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

sudzs wrote: »
    Heading to Perth first week in september and the company mr sudz's is working for (457) is a bit vague about what the situation is with providing a car. I think they won't subsidise that for more than 1 -2 months, if even :rolleyes: So what would be the most economical way to get our hands on transport. It looks like buying second hand is expensive and we're not bringing our car as it would cost even more!

So is there any option such as leasing that might be a better option. Had a quick at rentals and that's very pricey too. Think that was more for holiday rentals though...

Any advice appreciated! :)

Check out www.carsales.com.au loads of cars n all parts. Otherwise checkout cars on www.gumtree.com big like buynsell back n Ireland

Advertisement