Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan Countys, VeganOutreach

Options
  • 16-08-2011 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hey Vegan/vegetarians hows life?
    I've came to ask you to go on Facebook and search for your county vegan group e.g Carlow Vegans, or Wicklow Vegans, they're are groups from different counties out there looking for people to like their page and get involved with like minded people in the county! please do this! you'll be glad you did. :)

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Hey, I'm not on facebook..........you tell them to come to boards and we'll talk :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Only thing related to Dublin on it is a raw foodist group...that's not in my dietary field :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Hannah C

Hey, not all groups approve of coming to boards because they have opinions and different views on boards, I am the representative from Vegan Carlow.
    It's not up to somebody else to set up a group , it's up to yourself, you can't just expect one to appear, maybe you could try set one up in your area? :cool:

Hey, not all groups approve of coming to boards because they have opinions and different views on boards, I am the representative from Vegan Carlow.
    It's not up to somebody else to set up a group , it's up to yourself, you can't just expect one to appear, maybe you could try set one up in your area? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Hannah C wrote: »

so you came to boards to ask us to set up a group on facebook? and like I said I don't use facebook. If you want to tell us about stuff that is going on that is linked to a facebook group, you can tell us here, on boards, this is boards not facebook after all.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Serendipity99

The advantage with having a Facebook page for each county is that it is more obviously (ie. visually) area-based, and is well-suited to attracting vegans in that area.

Boards has the advantage that it is an all-Ireland discussion forum. I think both have their place.

Some people don't like putting their private information up on Facebook, though. That's fine. But if someone would like to set up a Vegan Facebook page for a particular county and you are not already on Facebook, you can set yourself up with a fake name like the ones we have here. There is no need to put any real info on there about yourself at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

LOS has a fair point. This is boards where we discuss things :) Facebook has it's own fans and indeed though we could set up multiply accounts to get around it, we like our anonymity around here. Feel free to discuss the advantages of having county wide vegan groups ;) Though I don't think there will be enough vegans to fix every county...

@Los, I'm just asking, if you don't want to it's fine! Nobody's going to make you, @Serendipity- I agree, @SweetRasmus, there probably won't be a vegan in every county willing to set up a group , but staying here moaning about it isn't going too change things, I am not implying anything negative about boards, in fact I like Boards, I am just saying that if your willing to go on facebook and get involved with these groups, or if you already use Facebook, to do it!
    Please don't be so negative about things. :cool:

Advertisement