Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AGM Notice query

Options
  • 16-08-2011 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

just looking for a couple of opinions.

With regards to giving notice of an agm, what I have read on it states that written notice of 21 days must be given.

Must this be done by post or is email acceptable?

I would guess that by post is implied and normal practice?

Also, is it still necessary to include a copy of the accounts with the notice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭thecleverone

With regards to giving notice of an agm, what I have read on it states that written notice of 21 days must be given.
    Periods of notice needed for convening general meetings are usually fixed in your articles of association so that would be the first place to look, but the minimum period for AGM's is 21 days unless special business requires for extended notice of 28 days.
    Must this be done by post or is email acceptable?
    Unless the articles of association provide otherwise, Table A of the companies act requires that notice of a meeting may either be given personally to a member of it may be delivered to a members registered address which would usually be through posting.
    Also, is it still necessary to include a copy of the accounts with the notice?
    Yes. The notice of the AGM must contain an appropriate description of any special business proposed to be passed. Proxy forms, conforming to the requirements of the company’s Articles, and the company’s statutory accounts and the related Directors’ and Auditor’s reports must be sent with the notice. The statutory accounts and the reports must be made up to a date that is not earlier than nine months before the date of the AGM.

HTH

Advertisement