Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I being ripped off?

Options
  • 16-08-2011 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

My friend offered me 3 games today for Xbox. Gta iv , COD Modern warfare 2 and Halo Reach. He broke his xbox and no longer needs them, He wants 25 euro for all of them but insists that the cheapest he would go. Is it worth it??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Yeah well worth it. For two of the three anyways. Can't stand the GTA series.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

chin_grin wrote: »
    Yeah well worth it. For two of the three anyways. Can't stand the GTA series.

Im addicted to GTA on the PC :P I dont know about Halo tho. I watched some videos and it doesnt look great tbh. MW2 should be good tho, i have black ops already and I think its good fun :):/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Dazza wrote: »
    Im addicted to GTA on the PC :P I dont know about Halo tho. I watched some videos and it doesnt look great tbh. MW2 should be good tho, i have black ops already and I think its good fun :):/

Ah look, Halo got a bad rep for being like the "CoD with lasers" where everyone pew pew pew'd along with it. I'm biased since owning the original when it came out with the first xbox. It has a decent story\single play mode and online is great craic.

MW2 is good for both off and online play too.

I would suggest that if you are feeling a little ripped off go in to any Game\Xtravision or even check online for how much the used copies would set you back for each.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

If you price those games used in game or gamestop or in any store that deals in used games you will see that 25e is a really good price for those 3 games.Even by adverts.ie standards,where you can usually buy used games cheaper than the shops,this is a good price.You would do well to get those 3 games for 35e on adverts but you could pay up to 45e.Check out prices on Gamesnash.ie(link below) and you'll get an idea of used shop prices.

http://www.gamesnash.ie/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=60_45

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

25 is a pretty damn good price. MW2 and Reach alone would cost more than that second hand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

chin_grin wrote: »
    Ah look, Halo got a bad rep for being like the "CoD with lasers" where everyone pew pew pew'd along with it. I'm biased since owning the original when it came out with the first xbox. It has a decent story\single play mode and online is great craic.

MW2 is good for both off and online play too.

I would suggest that if you are feeling a little ripped off go in to any Game\Xtravision or even check online for how much the used copies would set you back for each.

That made me laugh :pac:

To the OP, yes its a good deal however you might be disappointed with one of the games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Doesn't anyone Google any more?
    Plenty of reviews there of all the games.

GTA IV is brilliant, the only thing that can feel off is the checkpoint system, or the lack of a good one, in the midst of a mission, when you screw up you often find yourself playing the whole damn thing again.
    MW2 needs no introduction, it's great fun, get it.
    Halo:Reach is also very very good, probably the best of the 360 based series and I'm a series fan, feels quite like the first game, and that's a very good thing.

Overall 25 euro is excellent value for all three, in many places any one of them would cost you that alone and all three are popular enough that you'll sell the unwanted ones on Adverts fast enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Doesn't anyone Google any more?
    Plenty of reviews there of all the games.

GTA IV is brilliant, the only thing that can feel off is the checkpoint system, or the lack of a good one, in the midst of a mission, when you screw up you often find yourself playing the whole damn thing again.
    MW2 needs no introduction, it's great fun, get it.
    Halo:Reach is also very very good, probably the best of the 360 based series and I'm a series fan, feels quite like the first game, and that's a very good thing.

Overall 25 euro is excellent value for all three, in many places any one of them would cost you that alone and all three are popular enough that you'll sell the unwanted ones on Adverts fast enough.

Download The ballad of gay Tony and you get the checkpoint system and a really cracking add on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah, I'm a bit bemused at the negative opinions any mention of GTAIV seems to attract these days. It's not perfect, I think everyone will admit that - the plot and mission structure leave a lot to be desired, and the phonecalls do get annoying at times. But it is one of the most ambitious, rule-breaking games of this gen. Whether it's the city that is full of life, the rewarding distractions, the fantastic engine / physics, the superb radio stations etc... The add-ons - Gay Tony especially - really go out of their way to fix the flaws too.

Plus, don't think I've ever had as much fun online as the first few times I played GTA IV with a group of boardsies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Yeah, I'm a bit bemused at the negative opinions any mention of GTAIV seems to attract these days. It's not perfect, I think everyone will admit that - the plot and mission structure leave a lot to be desired, and the phonecalls do get annoying at times. But it is one of the most ambitious, rule-breaking games of this gen. Whether it's the city that is full of life, the rewarding distractions, the fantastic engine / physics, the superb radio stations etc... The add-ons - Gay Tony especially - really go out of their way to fix the flaws too.

Plus, don't think I've ever had as much fun online as the first few times I played GTA IV with a group of boardsies!

Rockstar said before the release that this game was going to be a test for the system and the next release we would see a proper GTA game.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Since we're mentioned here, for what it's worth if your friend was trading these in with us he would get €37 credit for them. €25 is a fanstastic price to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

I got them this morning for 25 :) I've played GTA and MW2 and there great fun but GTA is better on the PC imo. I think I might just sell Halo tbh :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Seems like you need to have more faith in your friends. Most xbox games for under a tenner each is great value and especially for 3 games that have each been so well received. A wise choice to take the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

not good but great value IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

no mate i think your fgriend is rippin you off i'd dump him cos he's not worht youusz!

Advertisement