Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiramisu variations?

Options
  • 16-08-2011 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Just had my second attempt at Baileys Tiramisu and presentation wise it could do with a little more work, biccys were a bit too soggy in places. But it was nice, despite the fact I don't like coffee.
    So next time want to do it without but would something like orange juice work, I like the Baileys flavour in it would orange juice and Baileys work together?

Any other flavour suggestions aside from Baileys and orange juice?
    Esp. non alc. flavours.

The topping itself was really nice, am trying to think what else I could use with the topping, using it as cupcake icing is an obvious one. The wonders of Mascapone it's great stuff and not cheesy at all. Yum Yum.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Once you put something like orange juice into it it isn't really Tiramisu, there might be a very good reason that coffee is the main flavour used in it because it's the nicest, Baileys might be similar flavour but I'm thinking something like orange juice would make the Baileys curdle, citrus juice does that I'm pretty sure (the cement mixer shot, lime juice and Baileys so it curdles in your mouth).

I have a mascarpone cupcake topping that I love, so light and fluffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Good point about the orange juice. I know the main flavour is coffee but with baileys it's more delish I might just leave the coffee out altogether and come up with another name for it. Urgh cement mixer shot sounds gross eww

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Could you add in orange zest instead? Or orange liquor?

I've seen a chocolate tiramisu before. Not sure what was in it, but am guessing it was melted chocolate mixed into the mascarpone / cream mix. Or add in some almond essence (or amaretto) could be nice, but heavy.

Personally my fav is the original.... anything else isn't tiramisu.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Ameretti biscuits instead of boudoir fingers. Ameretto liquer with coffee.
    Non- alcholic perhaps some almond essence.

I love the booze though.

Advertisement