Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most random souvenir you brought home while steaming drunk..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

A sign from a johnny machine from a pub, had it the whole night in the club under my shirt...

Numerous jackets and shoes which were not mine, and shame,always have shame after a night out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Bottle of tomato ketchup. Came in handy at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

One night when I broke up with a fella I had been seeing, and got really drunk, I took to carrying around the little paddles you get with cocktails and telling anyone who dared look at me that if I was up the creek at least I had a paddle. It ended up in the lining of a jacket for years.

Also have brought home a wine menu from the Derry City Football Club Supporters bar (sorry lads!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Magic Beans

A bus stop complete with the huge ball of concrete it was bedded in.
    We were going home with few pints on us and there was no sign of a bus so we up-rooted it and carried it along with us. We thought all we would have to do was stand it up and hold out our hands out if a bus came along. It amazing the way the brain works under the influence of alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭x_Ellie_x

I came home one night with someone else's camera in my bag. I didn't notice it til the next morning. I have no idea how the camera got in my bag (I swear I didn't steal it). I was thinking maybe someone picked up my bag thinking it was theirs and put the camera in it.

I asked all people I was with that night in the pub, if it was theirs - none of them owned it and they didn't recognise anyone in the photos on the camera. There was a few people I didn't know sitting at our table that night that knew friends of mine. I searched through facebook on that 'friends of friends' page, checking if anyone there was in any of the photos on the camera. Didn't find anyone.

I went dancing that night too. We had our bags on the floor and we were dancing around them. I think I would have noticed if someone had picked up my bag there.

It's a mystery how that camera ended up in my bag and who owns it.

This is the camera and if anyone on boards owns it, send me a photo of yourself to proof its yours, and I'll give it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Jesus.

Baby Jesus to be precise.

We robbed him while langers from a nativity scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

once stole a a big box of milk for a dispensor from outside a cafe, it survived a round of hungover karate kicks but was not so luck with knife throwing across the kitchen, the result was very messy

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭jeddie20

The normal stuff really, a few traffic cones with the blue signs, like in the pic :D also a few election posters, I a good few of the Wille O'Dea ones :p and a No Parking sign :)http://www.allpark.co.uk/user/categories/thumbnails/signage-traffic-cones.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

My sister came home with Mary from an outdoor crib!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

The customary flashing road works, I think we've all had one home at some stage.

An old Géill slí sign.

Probably been more but I cant remember.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Tehachapi

Edit - someone already posted this, ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 11,330 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I cycled a kid's tricycle up Bird Avenue into Clonskeagh and back into Belgrove a few years ago!

In Boston a few years ago we were walking home from an Irish bar. Two of our friends were lagging behind. Arrived back in the apartment some time later carrying two dumbells each, that they saw outside on someone's stoop. Random

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Walking home in the early hours
    And the delivery man had left the papers outside the newsagents

Well they were wrapped in a cable tie which I can't open so came home with a stack of papers and eight cartons of milk

• Registered Users Posts: 11,330 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Oh yeah at a dinner dance a good few years ago, a few of the lads tried to rob the grand piano from the residents bar. Have never been allowed back since....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭mcw92

A bright orange long haired wig.
    A rubber mallet thingy.
    Lots of useless small things.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

One night about 12 years ago my then boyfriend (now hubby), his younger sis and I had taken a substance I shan't mention, along with plenty booze, and went wall-hopping around the vicinity of our student house, where a party was taking place, for hours. We climbed some poles in a kiddies playground in the small hours to join in the dawn chorus (yes, going tweet, tweet, tweet), then started wandering home through some back lanes.

Twas in a corner of these we came across 3 abandoned wooden letters, painted blue, each around a metre high, A, F and D. We each wandered around each other until we realised we spelled FAD. We then walked the rest of the way home in that order, marched into the back garden where a bonfire was going on and some were still drinking, with others in various stages of falling asleep or just waking again, and announced through our giggles we were a passing FAD. Then marched into the house and through all the rooms to inform everybody.

That was so hilarious to the three of us, but unfortunately, you probably had to go through the whole thing to get what we felt.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭EmacB

In Germany last year me and my mates brought home a broken computer to our hostel room! it was one of those big ass white ones from the nineties! Creeped the **** out of all our roommates from then on!(there was 3 of us in a four man room so we got a new randomer every night)

A while later while looking at pictures of the night i discovered we had somehow made it into an art gallery with all this and went around looking at paintings :o(one that was open at 3 o clock in the morning too?) I had completely forgotten that happened:p.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

American Football, long story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Traffic cone

Election poster of Mary Hannafin which was defaced of course...

"Men at work" sign

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭celticcrash

On the way home from an all night party, I bought a pyscodelic mat down
    the market, the wife was none to pleased.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭beanie.

Brough home a wet sand bag, one of the ones used to weigh down the roadworks sign. I've always wanted a traffic cone, so I assume that I got distracted and ended up with the sand bag. I must have dragged it all the way home, there is no way I managed to carry it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭amacca

a lightbulb

dont know how I got it to this day but it had to be acquired on my random drunken walk home

found it under my pillow the next morning...unbroken

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

years ago, every sunday morning, there would either be traffic cones, construction work signs or golf flags in the front garden! The bro was in marbella once and there was a Gucci store, they stole the G, the police saw them and gave chase but they got away! :) another time the lads were walking home from night out and put about 30 wheelie bins in one of the lads (who wasnt out that night) front garden... they had them on top of the cars and everything! when the neighbours saw it they gave out to him, and he was like "do you honestly think I did this?"! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

the usual - pint glasses, a potted plant and once in america, we stopped in a shop on the way home from the pub to buy a few bits. i noticed watermelons on special in a box outside shop, so i robbed one, when i got back to the house i repeated 'i carried a watermelon'(dirty dancing) ... oh dear:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Tennis net...

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

Pint glasses, shot glasses, toilet roll and some candles, I usually bring a big handbag out with me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭flas

a rabbit.

a few stray dogs that we put into one of the lads car one night/morning, brought them out to a lake few miles out the road, so we could play fetch and let them swim, then back into the car and dropped them off where we found them, they were delighted, smell of wet dog of all of us for the rest of the days drinkin wasnt the best though.

a real cowboy hat (a class leather one, worth a few bob id say) and a bike, apparently cycling the bike like it was a horse and thought i was a cowboy! woke up with the hat over my face like a real cowboy and the bike lying on the bed on top of me, which i cant remember gettin into the apartment with and had no recolection of where either came from, we were on the 4th floor aswell!

a big painting aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Two drainpipes, full length, still haven't figured out how we got them into the house? And more recently a model of the rugby World Cup trophy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

Over 150 copies of the Sunday World :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭SpatialPlanning

Crowd control barrier. Thought I had done well until the following weekend when my flat mate brought home a homeless guy. Fed him with tea and booze and let him sleep it off. The couch never recovered from the piss stain.

Then there was the time he brought Ronan O Gara home... He didn't understand the whole 'inanimate object' thing.

Advertisement