Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most random souvenir you brought home while steaming drunk..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

A tree. Brought it up the stairs and all.

Cones, the ones from outside shops. Did return them though.

A nissan Micra: Didn't like the look of it so myself and a few other lads picked it up and walked it down the road a bit.

Taxi roof sign: I don't even remember how we managed to steal that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭bop1977

A bubble gum machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

The 'e' from the Eircom sign.
    Actually I'm not even sure I was drunk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Dude, don't you know that taking e risks medical complications.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

One of those street lamps of a street construction site, which turn on automatically when it's dark. Didn't even notice, until a neighbor complained about the flashing light in my gaff.

And a 2 meter long wooden plank :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Average traffic cone, my dad couldn't get into my room the next morning because it was blocking the door. I've gotten rid of it now.

Also, those thin traffic cone thingies that separate traffic. I slept with it next to me that night.

Other pieces like extravagant beer glasses and menus.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

--Kaiser-- wrote: »

The other night my friend stole the 'E' from his place of works name and went around shouting "I'M ON E!!" while sitting on it and stuff. Funny times :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Traffic cones and an old wooden cart I found outside Jurys/Croke Park.

I managed to get a bar stool one night but the barman wrestled it out of my drunken hands while I was showing it off to the birds outside the Chinese.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

My housemates and I went out one night and brought back a charming young lady who peed on the couch. She's an outside friend now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

A couple of election posters, taffic cones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

One of the straw holders from Eddie Rockets. Back in the day they were made of glass, they're crappy acrylic now though.

One Christmas we made it our mission to decorate the apartment entirely with stolen decorations from pubs and clubs. We got a tree, (from a pub) a wreath,(from my ex's house!) a garland thingy (from a club) that hung over the fireplace and a variety of decorations from different pubs trees. Looked lovely.

A kids tractor that was in a bus shelter. We weren't the first joyriders of the night obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭merengueca

Took the bulbs of a christmas tree in the town centre and put them in the bathroom - green bulb in the toilet and orange bulb in the bathroom.

Postman's bike.

3' plastic scooby doo with a santa hat from a neighbours garden and left it in the local whingebag's front lawn.

Coal scuttle from the open fire of a pub.

Full set of pint glasses and shot glasses

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Years ago my parents were on holidays in the Canary Islands and the hotel they were staying in put on one of those parrot shows one night. The mother had always wanted a parrot, and fueled by copious amounts of after dinner Hennessy's she attempted to steal one of them. She managed to get it into her bag and everything before my dad stopped her from legging it.

She didn't believe him the next day until he showed her the bag, which had a big, bright bird feather at the very bottom of it. The hotel staff called her "Crazy Parrot Lady" for the rest of their stay, she was mortified and swore off Hennessy for life. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

A black kitten (it followed me home, I tried to find its owner but no luck so now he is mine :D)

A hurl

A signpost (one of the old cast-iron ones, dont remember how I actually carried that without being caught)

A "For Sale" sign from outside someones house.

A window box.

Random friends - you know who you are!

The usual pint and shot glasses, ashtrays etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭scoll

A paintbrush !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

what a weekend ..... photo (1).JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

I swapped my top with a girl at the Mitchelstown festival, it was 20 sizes too small, was bright purple and had a wizard hood!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Best souvenir robbed was a 1L Beer Mass from the Hofbrau Haus :)

hofbrauhaus-beer-mug-3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

a big yellow foam hand on a stick
    a korean policemans hat
    A terrys chocolate orange easter egg
    a tray of pat the bakers loaves
    wigs. lots of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

retalivity wrote: »
    wigs. lots of them

There's something sinister about that, I don't know why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 rebelpebble

an armchair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

An entire CIE bus-stop.

In my defence, m'lud, it was 1985 and CIE were being broken up, with Dublin Bus taking over, surprise surprise, buses in Dublin. All the old stops had been uprooted and most were dumped where they fell.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

A bud light bucket for me but my sister robbed a flower pot from a pub and ended up bringing it home :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

5 election posters of Mary Lou mc Donald..she was everywhere I turned on our student house.
    We also brought home a cat one night. Found it near Coppers....brought it home. Kept it in the toilet until the next morning when we remembered it (and heard the meowing). Queue a frantic bus journey with a cat in a gear bag..back to Coppers!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

Neck of a guitar i found on a street in amsterdam

got some funny looks picking up my luggage in dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

a xmas tree, lights, decorations and all. it wasnt huge (one of those 3ft ones) but how i got it out of the pub ill never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

In college I rolled an empty keg for about 2 hours to our house. We used it as a base for a makeshift coffee table in our living room as we didn't have one...it wasn't worth the effort in getting it back to the house though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭housetypeb

Many years ago, when we were young and foolish,a gang of us drove down to kerry from west cork to a dance where we got locked out of our heads, on our way back,between kenmare and bantry, we came apon some sheep wandering the roads,the driver got it into his drunken stubborn head that some of those sheep were coming home with him for his farm,so he threw two of them into the back of the jeep where we were streched out drunk.
    So for about twenty miles we had two very nervous sheep ****ting and pissing all over the place as we alternated between yelling at the driver and splitting our sides laughing at the situation,wondering how we would explain this to any gardai that might stop us.
    He dropped us all off at our homes and took the sheep home with him.
    He swore that when he sobered up the next day he took the sheep back,but we have our doubts about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Not strictly sovenirs more relics of homesick drunkeness, but I used to live with my sister in London and a few times when we got hammered we dropped into the 24 hour convenience store/ post office under our flat and write postcards home. We'd stumble home at 3am and want to share the moment I guess:confused:

Our folks got some shocking drunken scrawls back. My parents usually found them funny, except when I sent one once with just the words "D****'S PREGNANT". They probably knew it was a joke, but the postman and the local postmistress probably had it regaled to the whole village first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Me and My mate brought home a for sale sign one night and put it in his front garden(propped up against a wall). His aul one freaked the next morning.

Oh also took somebodys dog home from a gaf party once. Awkward returning it the next morning

Advertisement