Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penguin Guide to Classical Music, or equivalent

Options
  • 16-08-2011 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭

I have a copy of a 1988 edition of the Penguin Guide to Classical Music (then called something else). I find it great for deciding on purchases: their advice has always been good in my limited experience. However I worry that I might be missing out on worthwhile recordings made in the last 23 years due to its age.

Do people here use classical music guides? If so, which ones?

What would people recommend for someone like me, trying to get a survey of more recent recordings? Just get the most recent Penguin guide?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

Er, Google?

For example, search for solti das rheingold review or beethoven 3rd symphony review

You should find lots of reviews, both from professional critics and amateurs.

Or check the buyers reviews on Amazon.com.

Advertisement