Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anything to do near RTE (Stillorgan Road/Nutley Lane)?

Options
  • 17-08-2011 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm thinking of moving to a place near RTE and UCD: the junction of Nutley Lane and Stillorgan Road. I'm worried that this area might be really boring.

Is there anything to do in the evenings or at weekends that's within cycling or preferably walking distance? I'm looking for things like pubs, cafes and restaurants, but other suggestions would be welcome too.

In particular: what's the nearest nice pub?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

UCD AFC play in UCD Bowl just down Greenfield Park (opposite Nutley Lane), they're in the League of Ireland. Would kill a couple of hours on a Friday evening.

Cloeset pub I can think of to Nultey Lane is the Merrion Inn, never been in it so haven't a clue what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

The Merrion Inn is what you'd imagine it to be given its location - lively enough pub with a strong rugby connection. A similar distance towards town (c. 10/15 min walk) is Donnybrook, which has a decent collection of pubs, restaurants and shops. As you're on the N7, you've also got a very regular bus service. As Gavin mentioned, soccer on a Friday night, plus cheap pints in the student bar in UCD, who also has great sporting facilities. You're also within walking / gentle cycling distance of the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 boglin

Great, thanks all!

(I'm still not convinced it's a terribly lively place to live, though...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

You could lurk around RTE and do some celebrity spotting. You might see someone off Fair City!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Go up and admire all the lovely girls in UCD,the 'orts' building was like a modeling agency when I was there meeting my friend a few months back!

Cheap drink in the bar too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

boglin wrote: »
    I'm thinking of moving to a place near RTE and UCD:

Do you work in RTE or go to UCD? If not, then I wouldn't move to where you're thinking. Why not go further up toward Donnybrook where it'll be a bit more lively.

Advertisement