Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FEES!!

Options
  • 17-08-2011 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Are student fee's now gone up to €2333.30 plus the student levy fee of €158??:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

Mine is €2,499.95. Something's wrong. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Tuty_Fruity

Yeah that is weird, because even with mine added I get €2491.30 which is still different to yours? Were are they getting these figures from??

I get the feeling I'm gonna have to make the journey to Tierney tomorrow to get it sorted. It feels almost like an annual thing. Something tells me someone dropped the ball on this and it will surely snowball once people wake up to register in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Tuty_Fruity

Same as me! I'm gonna head up one of the days! Its so annoying, aren't fee's meant to be only €2000 this year like were are they gettn the rest of the money from?? Let me know how it goes if you go to UCD :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

Any other northerners know why the fees have increased from 158 to 658?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Outstanding fee for me is €2,158. €2,000 student contribution + €158 student centre levy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Outstanding fee for me is €2,158. €2,000 student contribution + €158 student centre levy.

Snap.

Mine's €2,499.95 + €158.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I seem to be able to do phase 1 registration even though the Registration Calender says I start registration on Wed 24th August (Stage 2 Science). What's going on here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Hmmm, any advice- I'm being charged an extra 3,626 in 'undergraduate tuition charge'. I did a year of law in UCC before this, and paid this extra money in my first year of arts- why am I paying it again in 2nd year...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Mine's 2000 + 158 student levy fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Siuin wrote: »
    Hmmm, any advice- I'm being charged an extra 3,626 in 'undergraduate tuition charge'. I did a year of law in UCC before this, and paid this extra money in my first year of arts- why am I paying it again in 2nd year...?
    If you only did one year of an undergrad degree previously, you shouldn't be.

Contact them immediately, it's probably set up incorrectly on the computer.

If you only did one year of an undergrad degree previously, you shouldn't be.

Contact them immediately, it's probably set up incorrectly on the computer.
    Cool, thanks. Do these guys respond to emails? I'm not in Ireland ATM

I honestly have no idea, UCD's not my home turf.

Try it anyway, probably a better hope now before things really start to get busy.

Many thanks! I'll see if I can get my mom to ring them (although I think it might still be a bit early over there at the moment)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Cool, thanks. Do these guys respond to emails? I'm not in Ireland ATM

yes they do, give it a shot.

Many thanks! I'll see if I can get my mom to ring them (although I think it might still be a bit early over there at the moment)
    Yup!

6.21 a.m ... :D

Yup!

6.21 a.m ... :D
    Lol!! Sh!t, she wouldn't like that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

smk89 wrote: »
    Any other northerners know why the fees have increased from 158 to 658?

Looks like the ELBs are still only covering 1500...mines the same.

Boll*x.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jpott

Same thing happened to me. You're gonna need some document but i dont know what its called, from UCC saying they only claimed your tuition fees for tuition fees from the government for one year. you then need to bring this into the tierney building and inform them about this. email wont do as they are probably getting hundreds of them today all about the same issue as yours.

• Advertisement

misslt wrote: »
    Looks like the ELBs are still only covering 1500...mines the same.

Boll*x.

:mad:

I phoned them today they said that they will pay the tuition fees whatever they are. The woman in UCD said they probably just havn't got the new costs yet because they only pay them in January and that I should only pay the 158.

I phoned them today they said that they will pay the tuition fees whatever they are. The woman in UCD said they probably just havn't got the new costs yet because they only pay them in January and that I should only pay the 158.

Really? :eek:

Thats great, thats 500 noops I hadn't budgeted for!

I'll give the student desk an email tomorrow, maybe ring my elb if I have an hour spare to spend on hold...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

"The outstanding fees amount is € 4374.60" :pac:

:(

misslt wrote: »
    Really? :eek:

Thats great, thats 500 noops I hadn't budgeted for!

I'll give the student desk an email tomorrow, maybe ring my elb if I have an hour spare to spend on hold...

It just went down to 158

It just went down to 158

You good sir, are a legend :D

Tis all good though. I only have to pay the repeat fees and the student levy. No three and a half grand for me. So freakin' relieved.

Advertisement