Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New laser card that allows internet shopping?

Options
  • 17-08-2011 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi,

I was talking to a friend recently and he was telling me that there is a new type of laser card available(I'm with AIB) that can be used for internet shopping on sites such Ebay,Paypal, Ryanair etc

Now I know certain businesses do accept laser as a means of payment(Aerlingus for example) but I'm basically looking for a laser that can be used like a credit card but one that only works off my current account

I don't trust myself with a Credit Card yet so this type of card would be handy as I do a lot of online shopping and spend a good few quid on those 3V vouchers

Anyone know of this type of card exits?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Visa debit card? Ulster bank have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭crystallove

havent heard before...anyone has the experience with this card ,i want to know more about this...

None on my part anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

I think 02 do something like that.

A credit card that you can top up.

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

It's a Visa Debit Card. It's a Debit Card like Laser, but with all the perks of Visa.

Ulster Bank have them as do Permanent TSB. They issue them instead of Laser. As far as I know BOI have them too. But AIB don't have them yet. (although I might be wrong)

• Advertisement

Da Bounca wrote: »
    I think 02 do something like that.

A credit card that you can top up.

Thats a pre pay Visa. I have it its not too bad.

The Visa debit card is linked to your current account so funds are taken directly from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

Maybe your friend was talking about AIB moving to Visa Debit soon.

That will work like Visa and will be linked to your current account.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Advertisement