Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best time to buy my dollars?

Options
  • 17-08-2011 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hello all,
    I will be heading to America next year for a few months and am really unsure as to whether I should buy my dollars now or hold tough for a while and hope I get a better deal later in the year/next year? Any advice would be wonderful.
    Thanks very much,
    Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭celticcrash

I would wait myself, it looks like the dollor is still heading south, by this time next year the dollor might not be in circulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

sean-og3 wrote: »
    Hello all,
    I will be heading to America next year for a few months and am really unsure as to whether I should buy my dollars now or hold tough for a while and hope I get a better deal later in the year/next year? Any advice would be wonderful.
    Thanks very much,
    Sean

With the way the world's economy is going these days even the best financial brain could only guess at what might happen...

The rate today is pretty good.... if the euro or dollar goes up in smoke it may get way better or way worse.....

1.00 EUR = 1.43699 USD Euro US Dollar 1 EUR = 1.43699 USD 1 USD = 0.695900 EUR

If it was me I'd get 50% of the dollar amount that you will want now. That way you are protected a little from future changes...

OS

Advertisement