Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband going off at 4am.

Options
  • 17-08-2011 4:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Does anyone elses broadband seem to mysteriously always cut off at 4am? I find when i'm online that roughly 50% of the time it goes off around that time for anything up to half an hour.

The conspiracy theorist in me would almost think they do it on purpose, maybe it saves them some money?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved to eircom forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Tayla wrote: »
    Does anyone elses broadband seem to mysteriously always cut off at 4am? I find when i'm online that roughly 50% of the time it goes off around that time for anything up to half an hour.

The conspiracy theorist in me would almost think they do it on purpose, maybe it saves them some money?

Hi Tayla,

Thanks for contacting the eircom Forum on Boards.

Can you PM your home phone number or eircom Account number and I will look into your query.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Hi, sorry I just noticed this now, strangely it hasn't really happened much since I posted that but could you check my signal anyway because the line seems to drop a few times during the day and my computer automatically connects to a neighbours line.

PM SENT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Tayla wrote: »

Hi Tayla
    A broadband provider would definitely not disrupt their service on purpose, think of all the adverse exposure;)
    It his is happening at same time every day there may be a setting within your modem or connecting device which is responsible. It may be an Authentication Timer issue.
    If you are an eircom broadband customer give our tech support team a call on 1890260260 and they can advise you on this.
    Hope this helps you resolve issue, if not post me here.
    Tony

Advertisement