Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, how did it go? RESULTS LC 2011 (in this thread only)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

A mod that's still in Leaving Cert? That's unpossible! :D

How'd ya manage to do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

mtb_kng wrote: »
    A mod that's still in Leaving Cert? That's unpossible! :D

How'd ya manage to do that?

There's 2 of them! :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm happy enough with mine, got a B2 in OL Chemistry which is surprising considering I failed HL in my mocks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Extremely disappointed :mad:
    Got 390... needed 525 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

hdowney wrote: »
    i thought you had to have irish OR english?? i didn't think it specifically HAD to be irish. i mean i didn't sit irish at the leaving at all (being english i don't do irish) so that would have meant they were never gonna take me which would have been discrimination. i mean surely they take foreign students who don't speak irish so why the fcuk wouldn't they take you with all your fabulous results. to me the only place irish should be a requirement is for courses that actually use the damn thing such as primary school teacher

the rest of your results are fab. well done. keep your chin up, and if the colleges are insisting on irish perhaps appeal and you can maybe push it to a d3?

"Generally speaking, anybody applying to an NUI institution who was born and had all their education in the Republic of Ireland must present Irish (achieving at least Grade D at Ordinary Level) for Matriculation purposes. Students not born in the Republic of Ireland or educated for an extended period outside Ireland may apply to NUI for an exemption from the Irish language requirement."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

470 :/ Course was 475 last year so worried and dissapointed

HL English C1
    HL Maths B1
    HL History B2
    HL Accounting B3
    HL Business B2
    HL Economics B2
    OL Irish B1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

I only got 345. However, considering that I done nothing for the past two years its pretty good. I may still even get my course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

I got 535, only needed 445. I'm delighted!

English - A1
    Geography - A1
    History - A2
    Economics - B1
    Irish - B1
    French - B3
    Maths - C1

All honours.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭AgathaK

Got 510, extremely happy! I started to cry when I saw my results. :D My first choice was 480 last year, so I can be pretty sure that I'll get it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭sideways83

anyone here pissed with ag science

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

sideways83 wrote: »

Yes! Was getting A1's and maybe a drop to an A2 once or twice the whole year and got a B3 in the exam :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭IfUSeekAmy

My english teacher told me I'd never amount to more than a 'C' in english. Got an 'A1'. SPIT IN HER FACE.
    Ecstatic.
    Needed 560. Got 560. :)
    Topsyturvy & unexpected breakdown though.
    English A1
    Irish B1 ( :( )
    Maths C1
    French A1
    Business A1
    Economics A2
    Biology B1

Law&French, hopefully, here I come. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

I'm so, so happy. B2 in Irish, B3 in English, C1 in Maths, C2 in Geography, C2 in French, C3 in Biology and C2 in Business. Irish and Maths are OL and I'm delighted with what I got in them. The rest are HL, especially happy with my C3 in HL Biology as I was very close to dropping down to pass. Probably doesn't seem much to a lot of people but to me it honestly feels like getting 600 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 AceOps

Very pleased with my results :D... I am pretty sure I`ll get my course since last year`s requirements were 480 points

English: B2 ( very happy )
    Maths: A2
    French: A2
    DCG: A1
    Geography: A1
    Biology: A1
    Accounting: A1

Science, I am ready for you :D

P.S: All Honours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

DaveMur1 wrote: »
    Maths (H) A1
    Business (H) A1
    Geography (H) A1
    Accounting (H) A1
    Economics (H) B1
    Spanish (H) B1
    Music (H) A1
    English (H) A2
    French (H) D1 :confused:
    Irish (H) E :mad:
    590 in total, cao's gone out the window failed irish,gutted, no UNI will even take me now here???
    But my provisional unwanted UCAS offer is there :(

Well done, I might ask why on earth did you not do a pass Irish Paper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

460, happy enough, hopefully I'll get Science in UCD :)
    sideways83 wrote: »
    I thought the ag was a nice paper, got an A1.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Gav77

Delighted, got 380..needed 340ish! Seriously shocked, thought i had blown it and convinced myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Just about 5 points above my first choice in UL. Hope it doesn't go up. But wow, I honestly didn't think I'd get anywhere near my first or second choice tbh so I'm absolutely delighted. Got caught by the local newspaper on camera crying.. How mortifying :pac: But sure, my muffin predicted I'd get a B1 in biology and I got the B1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

lol @ thread being derailed to comfort and re-assure someone who got 590, it could be a lot worse.

honestly though all the points in the world but not being able to get your course because of one silly requirement - you can understand why people would want to reassure the person. we do the leaving generally to get the course we want in college, so fabulous results in specific subjects and good points don't make us happy if we don't get the course we want.

of course some people just did the leaving hoping to achieve a certain grade in a certain subject, or just to pass, cos they were taking a different route or whatever so they'd be happy, but if your course hinged on this one thing and you didn't get it, all the stuff you did get isn't going to cheer you up at the mo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

Got caught by the local newspaper on camera crying.. How mortifying :pac: :D

Yeah we had to do these gay poses for the local paper. Everyone gave fake names. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

IfUSeekAmy wrote: »
    My english teacher told me I'd never amount to more than a 'C' in english. Got an 'A1'. SPIT IN HER FACE.
    Ecstatic.
    Needed 560. Got 560. :)
    Topsyturvy & unexpected breakdown though.
    English A1
    Irish B1 ( :( )
    Maths C1
    French A1
    Business A1
    Economics A2
    Biology B1

Law&French, hopefully, here I come. :)

i had a teacher like that. i had a weeks holiday at the start of september sixth yr (only time we could take it) and she was like if you go on this holiday you are going to fail your english lc exam. then throughout the year she kept telling me you need to drop down to ordinary level, you are not good enough for higher level.

now i probably would have gotten a higher mark had i done ordinary but i was not dropping down because she told me i was crap and i would fail. so i got my D1 in higher english even with her telling me i was basically a waste of space. evil cow

well done you for showing your teacher where to stuff it

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

English (H) C2 .. Disappointed as i got a B1 in the mocks
    Irish (O) B3
    Maths (O) C1
    History (H) C1
    Geography (H) C3
    German (H) B2
    Biology (O) B1

Last years points for my course were 345... im after gettin 355. 10 points doesn't seem like too much leverage..They better not go up this year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 EsteemedEntity

Got 550 . Exactly as estimated, so happy!
    With HPAT at 189 that makes 739, quietly confident for Medicine in TCD. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Sm4shbox

Don't think I've ever been so disappointed in my life...

Was sure I was going to get around 520 and only came out with 475.

Had a shocker of a result, got a C3 in Geography! Can't believe it thought I got a B1. That just brought me down. Also didn't get an A1 in Irish (Another shocker!)

I'm so upset.. I know people will say that its brilliant but I'm genuinely devastated. How can I re-check?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

You can view your scripts (with the teacher in question if you want- school will contact them for you) and then you can tick which subjects you want to send for rechecking. You could be half a percent off the next grade or you could be 4% off, so you have to view first. It costs to actually appeal (about €20 per subject? Sorry can't remember) but viewing is free. I viewed of mine (one for the joy of getting an A1 in English) and sent away 3, one went up that was 2% off, the other two didn't- and one was half a percent off! So it can go either way. You are warned you can go down either though.

Well done to everyone. Don't forget you can appeal and you can do non-traditional entries into courses, like PLC's.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

Very happy 430 pts. A2 in business and C2 in accounting(which I've never being good at) were my best results. Disappointed with a C1 in HL geography though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

There are a lot of really fantastic results in this thread. Well done to everyone!!! If you're disappointed please don't despair, try and look at your results not in terms of the points they bring, but in terms of the result itself and remember, no matter how disappointed you are; no matter how unlikely you think it is that you'll get your course; it's not the end of the world. You have options and there's always another way in.

I'm a long time out of the LC thing, so I'd forgotten what the mindset and bubble is like. So long out that it surprised me to see people with fantastic results who were upset. You'll look back in a few years time and laugh, because by then you'll be free of the craziness and you'll be really able to see what great results you really have, and what an absurd system it is.

You all have a lot to be proud of so go out tonight with friends and celebrate your achievements but please be safe. You've great things right around the corner to look forward to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 josephdaly111

Anyone else feel that History was marked very harshly??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Faunge

got 515 absolutely delighted, should get my first choice if all goes well..

History (H) - A1
    Irish (H) - A2
    Geography (H) - A2
    Biology (H) - A2
    French (H) - B3
    Maths (H) - C1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 zuluin

maths (H):A1
    physics(H):A1
    chemistry(H):A1
    applied maths(H):A2