Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, how did it go? RESULTS LC 2011 (in this thread only)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

DaveMur1 wrote: »
    Irish (H) E :mad:
    590 in total, cao's gone out the window failed irish,gutted, no UNI will even take me now here???

I don't know if this applies in your case but I'll mention it just in case. There's a compensatory mechanism for someone who gets an E in Higher level where the matric requirement is not above an OD3. Don't know if this applies to Irish

http://www.nui.ie/college/docs/matricRegs2011_12English.pdf Paragraph 4.2 page 13/14

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ClaireMarie

555! I can't ****in believe it! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Patri

535! Dono wether to be happy or not, as I feel I put more effort in then that :\ Defo appealing English business and Ag science.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 PadraicEgan

My first choice is 200 and I end up getting 420!! I never thought I'd get that much! Got an A2 in Ag so Dad thinks I'm going to take over the farm :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fuzzface

Devastated by the history...never got less than an A and i got a B3. Everyone in my year feels there down a grade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭AgathaK

Anyone else feel that History was marked very harshly??

Yes, taking into consideration that my teacher said that my project is of top standard. Perhaps I didn't do great, but I definitely expected better than C1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

fuzzface wrote: »
    Devastated by the history...never got less than an A and i got a B3. Everyone in my year feels there down a grade

Had that happen the year I did it. Everyone thought they were down, a few applied for rechecks. I didn't, but still got a letter a few weeks later with new and improved results. If the marks ARE very low for your whole class, they may automatically recheck the whole class. No harm viewing the paper

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

I got an A in History that I wasn't expecting, so I personally felt the marking was easy if anything- hadn't even looked over the Apprentice Boys!

I got enough points for my first choice, but I am absolutely DISGUSTED with myself about Art and English. I got B1s, but I really wanted As and stupidly assumed I'd get them. Lesson learned: just because you're good at a subject or find it easy *does not* mean you don't have to put in any effort. ARGH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 josephdaly111

AgathaK wrote: »
    Yes, taking into consideration that my teacher said that my project is of top standard. Perhaps I didn't do great, but I definitely expected better than C1.

I think I'll be getting mine rechecked. Got a B2 but I thought I would definitely get an A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

Got 485 so I'm happy enough seeing as I didnt put in a lot of work. I always feel I could have done better though :/

(All honours except maths)
    English - B2 :)
    Irish B1
    Maths A1
    French B1
    Physics B2 :D
    Chem C1 :(
    Accounting B3
    Economics B2 :(

Course is around 390 so I should be fine!
    Congrats to all :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

I got 445, kinda disappointed i needed around 480..

Irish (h) B3 - going to recheck this i got an A1 in the mocks and my oral and aural went really well too :/
    English (H) C2 - think i'll view the script, thought i would have done better but i effed paper 1 up really bad..
    Maths (O) A1 - yaay :D
    Business (H) B2 - happy enough, might view the paper and see how close i was to a B1
    French (H) C2 - very happy cos i was so close to dropping to pass french
    Accounting (h) D2 - i knew i did crap in the exam,
    Religion (H) A1 - absolutely delighted, so happy with this damn everything else bringing me down :P

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭sideways83

sup_dude wrote: »
    Yes! Was getting A1's and maybe a drop to an A2 once or twice the whole year and got a B3 in the exam :/
    same lad.marked hard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Anyone else feel that History was marked very harshly??

nope... didn't even do the last essay and got a B3 HL

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Conor_B

physics a1
    biology a1
    english b1
    music b1
    maths b1
    applied maths c3 (getting this rechecked)
    Ordinary irish c3

515 right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭surfergirl92

I got 455.
    All honours except Maths.

English C3
    Irish C2
    Maths A2 (ordinary)
    Bio A2
    Construction A1
    DCG C1 :(
    Chem C1 :mad:

I would be happy enough,except I didn't get the chemistry grade I needed.I got a C1 and I needed the B2.I do feel hard done by,simply because I put in probebly the most effort into Chem and to not even get a B was kind of heartwrenching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭kahf1_02

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

guys just wanted to remind you (sorry mods if this is off topic), recheck your points if you haven't already!!

I just did and went up 5 points, was convinced after calculating them 3 times at the school but after the excitement had worn off, I realised I had misread one grade

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

Absolutely thrilled! Got 555, which is definately the coolest number to get! :D

Irish - A1 (won't be kicked out of the family now!)
    Geography - A1
    Biology - A2
    German - A2
    Music - A2
    English - B1 (was shocked. Didn't get a B in English since my JC mocks, my teacher told me I would get a C1 at best, a B1 is just crazy!)
    Maths - B1
    Chemistry - C2

All Higher. Needed 470, off to the beach now with a few cans to celebrate!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Manc Red

420 Delighted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

English O - A1
    Business O - A2
    History O - A2
    Geography O - B3
    Ag science O - C3
    Maths Foundation - B3 (no points)

230 points. Not sure if I will get my course if the points are brought up much. It was 200 points last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Janee_ml2

Irish H B3
    English H B2 (shocked! never got higher than a C3 all year)
    Maths O B1
    Geog H B3
    Spanish H C1
    Art H C2
    Biology H C3 (kind of dissappointed, got a B2 in the mocks)

425 overall , 75 points more than i needed so delighted :D !

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Biscuits.

340 points!

Irish, H: C2
    English, H: C1
    Maths, O: C3
    History, O: B1
    Art, H: C2
    German, O: C2
    Home-economics, H: C1

So basically a bunch of Cs and a B, I don't give a **** if everyone got 500 fecking points here I'm very, very happy with that because I'm **** at school and I worked hard for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭YBTurbo

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOD SOOOOOO HAAAPPYYYY
    I got :
    -French HL : A1
    -History HL : C2
    -Geography HL : B3
    -Ag. Science HL : B2
    -Maths OL : A1
    -English OL : A2

I never been so happy in my life, the relief is unreal

Pierre, wanna swap results ? ;)

295 points :cool: without doing a tap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MarkyShan

Irish: C2 (kinda disappointed with that as I
    got a C1 in the pres and thought
    I'd get a B :(
    English: B1 (absolutely delighted as I got a
    C in the pres)
    Maths: A2
    French: B3 (kinda dissapointed with that
    cuz I thought I did better than
    that)
    Chemistry: B1
    Accounting: A1 (absolutely delighted:D)
    Music: A2

Overall very happy with the results, 525 points. Will hopefully get my 1st choice now as it was 445 last year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I got 535, which I'm reasonably happy with.

English- A1 (Delighted! :D)
    Irish- B1 (I really thought I'd get an A here...slightly disappointing tbh)
    Maths- B3 (Fair enough)
    French- B1 (Again thought I'd get an A, oral possibly brought me down)
    Physics- C2 (Worst subject and didn't study much, fair enough)
    History- A2 (I thought this was a bad paper, extremely happy with this!)
    Accounting- A1 (Hardly anything balanced, out by almost 100,000 in one, very happy because I had been expecting an A1 and then was very disappointed)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

All Higher Level:

Irish A1 (expected this, thankful I got it in the end)
    English A2 (unexpected, might have been marked easily this year, very happy with it)
    Engineering B1 (thought I'd scrape an A2, my day test and theory were superb, I had to get my act together after an atrocious project which involved no effort at all)
    Maths and French B3 (Expected results, wanted maybe slightly higher in both but can't complain really)
    Physics C1 (expected, would've liked a B, messed up on the day)

Oh, and a C2 in Construction. Explanation: An absolutely atrocious project. It was a royal disgrace. My day test was reasonable, but not great. I got my act together a bit for the theory and I'd say I did well in that. I thought it'd bring me up a bit, but obviously not.

Overall verdict: quite happy, considering the effort put in, would've liked 500 points, though, and the Cs are like blemishes ;) I only need 300, and with UL bonus points, I've plenty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 2517ais

Got 515....happy enough, I'll definately get my course....a bit disppointed with some though:pac:

****ALL HIGHER*****

Irish B2 (:eek: I was honestly expecting a C:confused:)
    English B1 (DELIGHTED because i ddnt answer the comparative or unseen on paper 2 :D!!!
    Maths C1 :D
    Geograpy A2 :( Definately going to view this was sure of an A1
    French B1 Thought I did better :(
    Accounting A2 Would have liked an A1 but kind messed up on the day so deserved
    Economics B1 Thought I did better...will be appealing
    Japanese B3.....AHHH so happy:D!!

so basically i was disappointed with my 4 best subjects (Geog, Econ, French & Acc)

Anyone think that geography and economics were marked hard?? I got he highest in my school in both and no one was happy with them:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭DaBomb

Anyone get an A1 in geography?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

DaBomb wrote: »
    Anyone get an A1 in geography?

I don't do geography but at least 2 people in my year got A1s in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Am I the only one who thinks Business was marked ridiculously hard?

I was almost sure I got at least an A2 if not an A1 but I ended up getting a B2 today.

Advertisement