Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, how did it go? RESULTS LC 2011 (in this thread only)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 thunderthreads

Not happy with my results at all, in total I got 380.

Shocked at getting a B2 in Home Ec, honestly thought I'd just scrape a pass in it.. it was a tough paper!

Pissed off at my English results - B3. I got that in the mocks and I know I did better than that, getting it appealed for sure!

Annoyed with history also - I'm usually a straight A student, but I got a B2.. not impressed!

Not happy with my C1 in ordinary Irish, another exam I'll be getting appealed.

Not happy overall, I know I deserve at least 400.. I definitely think getting papers re-checked is worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭WatchOut

Got 435 points, really happy only it was 10 less than my course :eek:.
    Hopefully it'll come down a little bit for me.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Petesy

Needed 300 , got 455 :D:D ..
    Although I'm kinda dissapointed with my Physics result got a B3 in the pre and ended up only getting a D2 :/ _Is it worth getting re-checked ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mcarr

I'm 27, went back to school to do leaving
    got 345 points, very happy for one years work (very little)

English, maths, business, accounting, history - all A1
    french - B1
    all ord level, but **** me expecting much less, got 240 in mocks.

Well done to everyone, some great results out there!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Petesy wrote: »
    Although I'm kinda dissapointed with my Physics result got a B3 in the pre and ended up only getting a D2 :/ _Is it worth getting re-checked ?

Probably not if you've got 155 points to spare ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Petesy wrote: »
    Probably not if you've got 155 points to spare ;)
    Go and view your script anyway ... if there's something obvious, maybe get a re-check or it will probably niggle at you.

You're in the happy position though, as stealinhorses said, that's it's not much of an issue for you one way or the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

I'm long out of the LC as well but remember it well. Got 480 on the first count but got English rechecked as I only got a C3, surprisingly I was bumped up to a B3. I didn't need the points, it was more about what I believed I deserved.

Now I'm doing a PhD with a distinction in a Masters, first in my degree and 2.5 years working professionally behind me.

Every year I get so excited for all of you heading off to your future courses no matter what they are or what level, you'll have a blast at college.

Best of luck all of you and dont despair if you didn't get what you want to do, repeat if you can/need to or choose a slightly less conventional path. You'll get there in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

People on here complaing ;oh i onlt got 550, i want more'' blaj blah blah. be greatful for what you have got..ther s people out there who woulsd guve their right arm for that kind of grade. fair enoughl you might need x amount of points for your couryse. but for the love of god be grateful for what yout have achieeved.

nouw i may be a bit locked, but thatys just how i feel about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭avalon68

DaveMur1 wrote: »
    I really don't want it to be honest, it's Economics & Management in Oxford.
    They'll take me but yet UCC & UCD can't :( . What a bad day :mad:

Thats a tough break DaveMur1, try getting the iris paper rechecked. You do have the option of repeating just Irish also as others have mentioned. However, if you think you would like the course in Oxford, and maybe dislike the moving away from home/friends aspect you should think about it some more. A degree from Oxford (ranked highly in the worlds best universities I believe) is something that will be recognized worldwide and would certainly be a nice thing to have in your back pocket in the future. So chin up, and congratulations on your great results

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭not_so_civil

aramush wrote: »
    People on here complaing ;oh i onlt got 550, i want more'' blaj blah blah. be greatful for what you have got..ther s people out there who woulsd guve their right arm for that kind of grade. fair enoughl you might need x amount of points for your couryse. but for the love of god be grateful for what yout have achieeved.

As a random thought, if somebody wrote teh same comment except with maybe 300 or 200 points instead of 550, would you say the same thing.

Regardless off what you achieved, if its not enough, its not enough and tellin them to be grateful isn't fair

Just my opinion :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Omorish

I got 345 points. But, I failed chemistry. Does that mean I failed THE ENTIRE LC ? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Omorish wrote: »
    I got 345 points. But, I failed chemistry. Does that mean I failed THE ENTIRE LC ? :(

Nope, means you're still drunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Someone who gets 470 and wants to do Medicine will feel as if they've failed themselves. Telling them to be grateful and that others would love a result like that isn't helpful. What good is it to you if you get 600 points but won't get an offer anywhere with it? It's probably even more soul destroying than getting less points than you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Dave_Kilkenny

410, and got my D2 in pass maths (Needed to scrape a pass)
    Course I want was 310 in round one and 300 in round two last year so I'm sorted - unless it decides to go up 100 points which would be highly unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

535 and the happiest person alive. Was really, really not expecting it.

English (H) B3 Pretty sickened. Consistently got A1's with a few A2's and minimal B1's throughout 5th and 6th year. Might get it rechecked but probably no point. I'd say I deserved it :cool:

Irish (H) A2 So happy. I only moved to Ireland when I was 9 and had the option of being exempt but stuck with it for primary teaching, so glad I did now! :D

Maths (O) A2 Whopsie :rolleyes:

French (H) A2 Happy out. Got B3's and B2's the whole way through 5th & 6th year. Thought I'd messed up the paper too :o

Geography (H) A2 AAAHHHHH! :D Had the ultimate crappest excuse for a teacher in the history of crappy teachers but so delighted

Biology (H) A1 a guy I'm seeing is convinced it's down to all his help......... :rolleyes:

Home Ec (H) A2 Delighted. Was expecting a B2 or less..

Well done to everyone. You should all be so proud of yourselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 prendizzle

Never gotten straight A's in anything before in my life. Was convinced my exams were marked easier than everyone elses

Irish- A1
    English-A1
    Maths- A2
    French- A1
    History- A2
    Physics-A1
    Chemistry-A2

580. :D

Still can't believe it! Wrote "story beour, meet my friend?" in the English essay, alluded to cocaine and heroin in chemistry and rambled on about Rosa Parks' "Memoirs" after the bus boycott, fabricating quotes for History. Love my life. And Maths, apparently.

Thinking scholarship for Law and Irish in UCC? Anybody know if I have any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Gerry21

English C1
    Irish C1
    Business C1
    Geography C1
    Physics C1
    French C1
    Maths B1

Happy with that considering the lack of study :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭YodaBoy

prendizzle wrote: »
    Never gotten straight A's in anything before in my life. Was convinced my exams were marked easier than everyone elses

Irish- A1
    English-A1
    Maths- A2
    French- A1
    History- A2
    Physics-A1
    Chemistry-A2

580. :D

Still can't believe it! Wrote "story beour, meet my friend?" in the English essay, alluded to cocaine and heroin in chemistry and rambled on about Rosa Parks' "Memoirs" after the bus boycott, fabricating quotes for History. Love my life. And Maths, apparently.

Thinking scholarship for Law and Irish in UCC? Anybody know if I have any chance?
    Quoting "beour" in English is priceless! haha :pac: nice touch
    Also convinced mine were marked easy. Especially the Irish oral! I was a stuttering wreck and on top I had an eye infection which was severely swollen that morning...ended up with an A1 which I've never got near in Irish! Sympathy is the way to go is my tip for incoming 6th years! ;)

English.....A1
    Irish........A1
    French.....A1
    Biology.....A2
    Accounting..A2
    Maths......A2
    Chemistry...B1

Total :570

Never been so shocked in all my life! Went thoroughly through my papers after the exams and again about 2 weeks ago. Both times I counted 515 /520 and couldnt see where I would ever make up the 540 I needed. I'm going to check most of the papers to see where the examiners screwed up :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 LivingDaDream

anyone else really dissopointed with business? got a b2 when i'd been a1/a2 all year, it so annoyin how easily ya can mess it up!

other than that i'm delighted with mine needed 420 got 540! :D

Irish A2:D
    Math A2 :D
    English C1
    French B3
    Home Ec A2
    Economics A2
    Biology A1
    Business B2 :mad::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 LivingDaDream

In all fairness people saying they only got 550 probably put in an extreme amount of work and feel they deserve more for the time and effort they put in, saying that theres people out there that would give their left arm for that fair enough if they put in the work but usually they didn't and thats why they didn't get that sort of result. Just my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Ragdoll742

Got 430, only needed 375. :)

English - A1
    Irish - B2
    Maths - B3
    History - A2
    Art - C1
    German - C2
    Geography - C2

Ordinary Maths and Irish.

Delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Got 460, needed ~445. :D

Irish (O) B2
    Happy with this considering I only spent 90 minutes in the exam hall between the two papers and did very little work since I dropped down after Christmas. :cool:

English (H) B3
    Very happy with the B as I was always a C student. :)

Maths (H) D1
    This was the best relief ever. I was so convinced I got an N/G as I couldn't work out most of Paper 1. Thank god for attempt marks. Would have been happy with this result even with a normal paper. :D

Ag. Science (H) A2
    Slightly disappointed with this as I really wanted an A1. Going to have a look at it anyway.

Construction Studies (H) B2
    Very disappointed with myself as I made a balls of the practical and the paper. Got an A2 in the mocks and was expecting at least a B1. :(

L.C.V.P (C) Merit
    I was hoping for a distinction as I worked really hard on the portfolio. Going to have a look at this to see was I close. :)

D.C.G (H) B1
    Happy enough with this as we didn't do a mock but the teacher gave us predictions and predicted me a B1 so can't be too disappointed. An A would have been nice. :)

Geography (H) B3
    Definitely going to have a look at this. Was expecting a high B. Thought I did a good exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭scipsss

right i didnt study for the whole two years i skipped many classes and gave cheek to all my teachers all year but SOMEHOW I managed this :

All honours
    ENGLISH- A2
    IRISH- A1
    MATHS - A2
    MUSIC- A1
    GEOGRAPHY- D
    CHEMISTRY - B1
    AG SCIENCE - A1
    LATIN - A1

so 580 inall!!!! BOO YEAH doctor in trinity here i come BABYYYY poo:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9 prendizzle

YodaBoy wrote: »
    Quoting "beour" in English is priceless! haha :pac: nice touch
    Also convinced mine were marked easy. Especially the Irish oral! I was a stuttering wreck and on top I had an eye infection which was severely swollen that morning...ended up with an A1 which I've never got near in Irish! Sympathy is the way to go is my tip for incoming 6th years! ;)

English.....A1
    Irish........A1
    French.....A1
    Biology.....A2
    Accounting..A2
    Maths......A2
    Chemistry...B1

Total :570

Never been so shocked in all my life! Went thoroughly through my papers after the exams and again about 2 weeks ago. Both times I counted 515 /520 and couldnt see where I would ever make up the 540 I needed. I'm going to check most of the papers to see where the examiners screwed up :rolleyes:

Jaysus you must be thrilled! Where are you headed? More or less the exact same boat, counted, rechecked, expectations were blown outta the water!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 philip___

Irish (H)- A2
    English (H)-A1
    Maths (H)-C1
    Business (H)-A2
    Biology (H)-A1
    Chemistry (H)-A2
    French (H)-B1

555 in total- absolutely sickened :( My first choice was Dental Science in Trinity, no hope now, and can't go to Cork cause its too far away. Got 178 in HPAT so that gives me a total of 733 so hopefully get second choice of Medicine in Trinity or in the RCSI. Hope everybody was happy and partied hard last night :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

scipsss wrote: »
    right i didnt study for the whole two years i skipped many classes and gave cheek to all my teachers all year but SOMEHOW I managed this :

All honours
    ENGLISH- A2
    IRISH- A1
    MATHS - A2
    MUSIC- A1
    GEOGRAPHY- D
    CHEMISTRY - B1
    AG SCIENCE - A1
    LATIN - A1

Fair ple! :D you sound like me. No homework or study, skipping class, falling out with teachers.. except I only got 535 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 philip___

scipsss wrote: »

All honours
    ENGLISH- A2
    IRISH- A1
    MATHS - A2
    MUSIC- A1
    GEOGRAPHY- D
    CHEMISTRY - B1
    AG SCIENCE - A1
    LATIN - A1

Haha bull****, if you go onto your profile and go to other posts, its all JC stuff, and plus someone who got 580 points wouldnt say "doctor in trinity"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Gerry21

Ragdoll742 wrote: »
    Got 430, only needed 375. :)

English - A1
    Irish - B2
    Maths - B3
    History - A2
    Art - C1
    German - C2
    Geography - C2

Ordinary Maths and Irish.

Delighted :)

Are you doing computer science by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

400 points.

B1 in English
    B2 in Biology
    C1 in Art
    C3 in Ag science
    D1 in history (appealing)
    D2 in french

Biochem - UCC hopefully :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

400 points.

B1 in English
    B2 in Biology
    C1 in Art
    C3 in Ag science
    D1 in history (appealing)
    D2 in french

Biochem - UCC hopefully :D Repeating paid off.

Advertisement