Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, how did it go? RESULTS LC 2011 (in this thread only)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ConsRoxMySox

I have to admit, I was fairly gutted with my results. I got 480 but wanted over 500 because my course last year was up to 495. I just don't think I got what I deserved at all. I didn't move up from the pres/mocks at all.

English HL - A2 (pre grade A2)
    Irish HL - B1 (pre grade B1)
    (project) Maths HL - C2. (Pre grade, errr, E.)(done through Irish)
    French HL - B1. (pre grade was B2/B1)(done through Irish)
    Biology HL - B1. (pre grade was A2/B1)
    Physics HL -C2. (pre grade C3)
    History HL - C2. (pre grade C3)
    LCVP - Distinction

Definitely reviewing the scripts, thinking of appealing English, French and History. French was a joke in our school, I've talked to all the strongest French students in our class and no one got more than a B1, while in a German class of eight at least 2 got A1s. History was also quite harsh I think. I'm annoyed with the rest except LCVP, physics I guess and of course maths. I thought I'd completely failed that. But I have a feeling they only passed us because they need project maths to look good!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Dougal.Maguire

English HL A2
    Irish HL C2
    Maths OL A1
    History HL C1
    Geography HL B1
    French OL B2
    Biology HL E :mad:

410 points though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

scipsss wrote: »
    right i didnt study for the whole two years i skipped many classes and gave cheek to all my teachers all year but SOMEHOW I managed this :

All honours
    ENGLISH- A2
    IRISH- A1
    MATHS - A2
    MUSIC- A1
    GEOGRAPHY- D
    CHEMISTRY - B1
    AG SCIENCE - A1
    LATIN - A1

so 580 inall!!!! BOO YEAH doctor in trinity here i come BABYYYY poo:p

You did the JC this year - stop trolling..

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ed3

I'm long out of the LC as well but remember it well. Got 480 on the first count but got English rechecked as I only got a C3, surprisingly I was bumped up to a B3. I didn't need the points, it was more about what I believed I deserved.

Now I'm doing a PhD with a distinction in a Masters, first in my degree and 2.5 years working professionally behind me.

Every year I get so excited for all of you heading off to your future courses no matter what they are or what level, you'll have a blast at college.

Best of luck all of you and dont despair if you didn't get what you want to do, repeat if you can/need to or choose a slightly less conventional path. You'll get there in the end.

Prettygurrly Im the same as you....I get so excited this time of year for the students completing their Leaving.

I didnt do great in my leaving cert and ended up doing a Science degree in LIT and a master in UCC many years after and have just completed a HDip in NUIG this year and 13 years after completing my leaving cert I am finally on the route I should have been on when i left school.....I am a Science/Biology teaching....hehehe even if i am looking for work at the moment, i am very happy where i am!!

in the words of prettygurrly....you'll get there in the end!! chin up if you didnt get what you wanted....maybe your second/third/fourth choice is what you are meant to do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Iceuil

I got 515 points overall. Pretty happy, but expected more. Want to view my scripts and recheck some subjects. Btw, how many scripts can you view? Just 3 or as many as you want?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Ragdoll742

Gerry21 wrote: »
    Are you doing computer science by any chance?

Arts in Maynooth :)

You?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Iceuil wrote: »
    I got 515 points overall. Pretty happy, but expected more. Want to view my scripts and recheck some subjects. Btw, how many scripts can you view? Just 3 or as many as you want?
    As many as you want. I viewed all of mine last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jellybaby1992

JMcG92 wrote: »
    495 overall, I need 500 for the entrance scholarship in Maynooth though (€1000!). Seriously considering trying to sqeeze 5 more points out through rechecking.
    Anyone got any recommendations for it? I was thinking perhaps French and Business...

Do get it rechecked. My friend was like you late year with 495 points, he got it rechecked, got 500 and the 1000 euro :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭YodaBoy

prendizzle wrote: »
    Jaysus you must be thrilled! Where are you headed? More or less the exact same boat, counted, rechecked, expectations were blown outta the water!

Medicine in TCD, i think. Shouldn't be a problem points-wise unless there's a freak rise.
    Still hasn't sunk in!:pac:
    So what about you???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

to the fella who got loads of points but failed Irish...was chatting to some colleagues today and one of them said that a friend of theirs got into a NUI having failed honours Maths and did science! so i dunno how he managed it but you may have to apply to the college directly....good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

DaBomb wrote: »
    Anyone get an A1 in geography?

I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

I did.

Ditto. One of the precious 3% :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Going to be a nervous few days. Only 12 places in my course and I got the exact points needed for last year...hope to god it doesn't go up.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

English HL: D1
    Maths HL: C2
    Geography HL: A1!!!!!
    French HL: C1
    Home Ec HL: B1
    DCG HL: A2
    Polish HL: B3

485points altogether!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

brian93 wrote: »

I did as well

brian93 wrote: »

Aww Yeah man! In the top few percent in English too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

What was the percentage of A1s in English?

What was the percentage of A1s in English?
    Haven't got a clue. I think it's 4%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

4.3%

• Registered Users Posts: 28 taylormoon

475..shocked that i got it :) but, primary teaching is 475 so i might not get my course :( fingers crossed....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

English - HL - B3
    Maths - OL - B3
    History - HL - C1
    Art - HL - C1
    Music - HL -C2
    French - HL - D2

In all, 365. Thought I did better so a little disappointed, especially as I'm 20 points short off of english and history in UL.. Hoping the points will go down.
    My third choice is Languages, Literature and film in UL for 345. I should get that, right? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭sideways83

who here heading to ul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

i done the leaving cert applied and i got.......170 credits witch is 85% witch is a distintion :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

sideways83 wrote: »
    who here heading to ul

Me, hopefully :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

4.3%

how do we access these stats?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭not_so_civil

The were published in the Irish Independant yesterday morning

They were in the Independent on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

The were published in the Irish Independant yesterday morning
    They were in the Independent on Wednesday.

ah feck i didn't get it
    i wanted to know the A1 stat for HL french :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5 paramorelover

590 points!
    Maths A1...OMG this made me soo happy! I killed myself for this grade but expected a B!
    Irish A1...tbh I kind of expected this. Got an A1 in the mocks and had AMAZING teacher!
    French A1...convinced I'd screwed up the oral so expected A2.
    English A2...relatively happy. Teacher said all along I was borderline A1.She was right!
    Business A1...shocked! got B2 in mocks and teacher told me i'd never get an A1! HA!!
    Chemistry A2...a little disappointed. It's my fave subject but I thought paper was icky!
    Biology A1...Same as mocks

I'm seriously happy! I definitely have my course. Think I'm gonna check English and I'd love to see my maths paper! But is it weird to ask to see a paper you got an A1 in? Does anyone else plan on doing this? I just want to see all the ticks! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭not_so_civil

ah feck i didn't get it
    i wanted to know the A1 stat for HL french :o

Around 5.7 if my memory serves, I'll have to locate it again for you:)

Advertisement