Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, how did it go? RESULTS LC 2011 (in this thread only)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

Around 5.7 if my memory serves, I'll have to locate it again for you:)

oh thank you, dont go to too much bother for me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭not_so_civil

oh thank you, dont go to too much bother for me :p

Yup 5.7% this year down from 6.4% last year. the memory works well on very little sleep:)

Ah don't worry its not a bother

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

Here are the stats on sec website
    http://examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=st&sc=r11

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭sarah.

Lot of A's in English...well so it seems, I'm sure it's really much the same as every other year!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MarkyShan

This shows the breakdown of grades and how many people did the subject for the last 3 years:

http://cdn.thejournal.ie/media/2011/08/LC2011.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

A1s in Business 2.9%, wow. Exam was marked so badly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

AdamD wrote: »
    A1s in Business 2.9%, wow. Exam was marked so badly

jesus thats bad, got a c1, coulfnt believe it, seems like you have to learn every page in the book word for work to get an A, very harsh:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sososo

Sunny!! wrote: »
    jesus thats bad, got a c1, coulfnt believe it, seems like you have to learn every page in the book word for work to get an A, very harsh:mad:
    Not true, our teacher gave us notes, reduced down to about 30 pages! Never looked at the book once, only used her notes and got my A1

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭GoldRush4821

560 points which was unexpected but very much enjoyed!!!
    I cannot believe they gifted me an A1 in Geography I honest to God was hoping for a B3... The marking is just so weird I know for a fact that my Geo script was not A1 standard, I'm wonderin did they give me the wrong results haha...

Anyway, I'm thinking of getting two results checked, Biology and History, but wondering is it really worth €40 a pop for both like how likely is Biology to be upgraded it seems like a pretty fixed marking scheme that can't be messed up by examiners too easily. I don't want to just waste 80 euro, especially as I don't need the extra points for a course. I do, however, feel I deserved a better grade in the two.

Also, I'm gonna do Commerce and French and was looking at scholarships. Only one is given away for that course. I'm wondering are there many 560+ pointers doing the course or do I have a good chance of qualifying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Geee93

560 points! - thought i did better in some exams though so not entirely happy.

Maths (H) - A2
    French (H) - A1
    Biology (H) -A2
    Chemistry (H) - A1
    Physics (H) - A2
    Music (H) - A2
    Business (H) - B2
    English (H) - B2

Delighted with the A1s and music but so annoyed by the A2s, especially in biology and physics where I always got A1s :( . What's the likeliness of getting so many A2s? :L Ran out of time for business, was gutted but still expected better...but seeing as they were tough markers this year could account for some of it! Thinking of getting most of the A2s appealed, anyone have any idea if most people go up from A2s? Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 bobbymurphy92

i got 385 pretty annoyed
    business b3 (H) so pissed with that
    geography b3 (H)
    french B3 H
    biology B3
    english C1
    irish C2 ord
    maths B3 ord
    can someone tell me are these good results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭irishgirl10

Scraped my points so im delighted, gutted with economics though! I'm def an A1 student and got a B1, anyone else think it was marked really hard??

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ayokunle

DaveMur1 wrote: »
    Maths (H) A1
    Business (H) A1
    Geography (H) A1
    Accounting (H) A1
    Economics (H) B1
    Spanish (H) B1
    Music (H) A1
    English (H) A2
    French (H) D1 :confused:
    Irish (H) E :mad:
    590 in total, cao's gone out the window failed irish,gutted, no UNI will even take me now here???
    But my provisional unwanted UCAS offer is there :(
    wow so sorry how on earth did u do it??

MATHS-HL-C3
    ENGLISH-HL-C1
    IRISH-OL-D1
    ACCOUNTING-HL-C1
    BUSINESS-HL-C1
    FRENCH-HL-C3
    ENGINEERING-HL-C1
    TOTAL-400 points. Going for Comp Sci at TCD, only 355 wit HL maths

i got 385 pretty annoyed
    business b3 (H) so pissed with that
    geography b3 (H)
    french B3 H
    biology B3
    english C1
    irish C2 ord
    maths B3 ord
    can someone tell me are these good results
    business was harder than usual wasnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Anyone here absolutely devastated by their results or is it just me? Got 480 in the mocks and got the lowest I've ever gotten in nearly all of my subjects ended up with 430 disgusted like...
    C3 in economics is a joke considering I'm a b2/b1 student since 5th year
    C1 in Geography despite never getting a b before in my life
    B2 in History and I honestly don't see how..
    B3 in english where the only A1 in my year got a d2 in the mocks

Sickened. Absolutely sickened.

yeah i thought the marked it pretty hard i thought i got a b1

Anyone here absolutely devastated by their results or is it just me? Got 480 in the mocks and got the lowest I've ever gotten in nearly all of my subjects ended up with 430 disgusted like...
    C3 in economics is a joke considering I'm a b2/b1 student since 5th year
    C1 in Geography despite never getting a b before in my life
    B2 in History and I honestly don't see how..
    B3 in english where the only A1 in my year got a d2 in the mocks

Sickened. Absolutely sickened.

i know im pretty pissed as well all my friends got like 500+
    i just want to get my course but theres is no way in hell itll drop by 40 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 BamboozledFinn

Irish - C3
    English - C2
    Maths - C3 (O)
    Home Ec - B3
    Biology - B2 :D
    Chemistry - B1 (O)
    French - D3 :mad:
    375 in total

I'm raging at French considering I'm usually a B student and I'm planning on appealing it along with the majority of my french class.

Hoping to god that I've somehow managed to get psychiatric nursing in trinity so that I can transfer to general after a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ruadhan

Irish - C3
    English - C2
    Maths - C3 (O)
    Home Ec - B3
    Biology - B2 :D
    Chemistry - B1 (O)
    French - D3 :mad:
    375 in total

I'm raging at French considering I'm usually a B student and I'm planning on appealing it along with the majority of my french class.

Hoping to god that I've somehow managed to get psychiatric nursing in trinity so that I can transfer to general after a year!

Good luck with getting the course an everything! I have to say though, not trying be mean just trying to help, but if nearly all of class was unhappy it could be your teacher isn't very good or marked you all too easy. This happened to the construction class in my year! The opposite can also happen too! Our English teacher marks us all soo hard and I rarely get anything above B1/2 and got A1.

On the other hand, all your classes papers might have been corrected by a ridiculously bad examiner! Or your oral examiner might have been mean! Go check your scripts anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

I'm happy enough with 545 :)
    A1s in English (seriously over the moon with that) and Biology, A2 in German, B1s in Irish (my teacher demanding I get it rechecked but I'm quite happy), Maths and Geography. The result I'm almost happiest about is History though - even though I won't be counting the B3, I didn't fail the cursed subject!
    Course was 550 last year but that was a 30 point jump, hoping it'll fall again.. It's got a HB3 Maths requirement so that might drive it down a couple points! Just need a 5 point drop :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 0987654321

English (H) - A1
    Irish (O) - C2
    Maths (O) - B2
    Geography (H) - A1
    Engineering (H) - A1
    Agricultural Science (H) - A1
    Religious Education (H) -A2
    LCVP Link Modules - Distinction

All bar Irish Maths and LCVP counted for points bringing it to 565 points!!
    Couldn't be happier jumped from little over 400 from last year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭mockshelp

I got 455. All B's and 1 C! A little disapointed since the course I want was 440 in 2009 and 455 last year. I just hope it doesn't go up anymore or my rechecks will boost me up a bit more.

Irish (O) B1......Amazed! I thought I screwed up in the tape test but my oral and written were good. I'm good at irish but didn't take it as seriously as my honours subjects...why didn't I! It could have been my 1 A.

Maths (O) B3.......Expected. Paper 1 was hard probably got a C in it. Paper 2 was easy probably got an A in it so it averaged out as a B3!

English (H) B3.......All my answers I thought were good.....maybe I lost marks for clarity of purpose and consequently lost marks in language effiency and coherence of delivery. I didn't really like the comparative question "How __ makes you uncomfortable" wtf? And the paper 1 essays weren't that great.

French (H) C3.........wtf?! I seriously expected at least a B3. The oral examiner must have been new to his job as he was young and we had an advising examiner too. Maybe he doesn't know the standard of marking yet and he's marking too hard. If I recheck my french paper....would we get to know our oral result? Definitely getting rechecked anyway.

Geography (H) B1...... Disappointed.....Got an A1 in the mock. I probably got a mean examiner as others got A2s and I did way better than any of them in the mocks...Will get this rechecked.

Biology (H) B2......Amazed.......expected a D!!......the ecology question was weird and none of my favourite stuff was on the paper. I guessed a lot of answers...maybe they were right after all! It was the one exam I was really unhappy about and was upset about and it turned out to be one of my best results!

Business (H) B3......Wtf? I knew everything. I worked so hard. I read my book word for word. I bet it was that silly ABQ that brought me down as I ran out of time at the end and had to rush it with evaluations. I knew everything. If I had time to write all I knew I would have got an A1. I'm thinking of appealing and hoping for a B1 or B2 and then I suppose I'll be satisfied.

Music (H) B2......I really think I got at least a B1 if not an A2 when I combine my 50% practical and music technology with the written exam. Definitely appealing.

So I suppose I'll view my scripts of Music, Geography, Business and French first even though I definitely want to appeal them - I'm definitely sure they won't be downgraded but its to make sure its possible/likely that it could be upgraded before appealing.

Anyone get the same results as me? Or share the same feelings about the results?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Emmerz

Got 585 deeelighted :D

A1's in Chem, Biology, French, English and Home Ec.
    B1 in Economics and a B2 in HL Maths yesssssssssssss!! :D

Oh and an A2 in pass Irish lol

Dublin here I come!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

Geog A2
    Chem A2
    French A2
    Biology A1
    Ag Science A1
    Accounting A2

560!

does anybody have any idea what the points for medicine are going to do this year??

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Miss Brightside

My course was 510, thought that was a bit of a long shot, but ended up getting 530! Absolutely delighted :D

English (H): A2
    Irish (H): A2
    Maths (O): A2
    French (H): A2
    Geography(H): B1
    Biology (H): A2 :D
    Home Ec (H): B1

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fiona1993

Is there ANYBODY out there broken-hearted about their Home Economics result? iI've gotten A's for the two years and I come out with a C2?!?! :(.

Also English? I only screwed up Hamlet but a C3? I've gotten B's for the two years. 15 points off last years points and they're expected to rise.....

Devastation doesn't describe it......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Fiona1993 wrote: »
    Is there ANYBODY out there broken-hearted about their Home Economics result? iI've gotten A's for the two years and I come out with a C2?!?! :(.

Also English? I only screwed up Hamlet but a C3? I've gotten B's for the two years. 15 points off last years points and they're expected to rise.....

Devastation doesn't describe it......

Me! But I bawled for the entire exam...couldn't stop freaking out for some reason:confused: I was expecting a D, considering my head was not in a good place that day...I reckon my project must have been amazing to bring me up to a C.

Gutted with English.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fiona1993

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Me! But I bawled for the entire exam...couldn't stop freaking out for some reason:confused: I was expecting a D, considering my head was not in a good place that day...I reckon my project must have been amazing to bring me up to a C.

Gutted with English.

Are you appealing? I can't understand my Home Ec result. The only thing that went wrong were some of the short questions and one part of the protein question....My project was PERFECT. I'm amazed.

English has bewildered me... Hamlet is only 60 marks... everything else went great. FML:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭polkabunny

Got 415 points, and my first choice was only 325 last year, delighted :D

Advertisement