Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, how did it go? RESULTS LC 2011 (in this thread only)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭PJelly

Over the farking moon.
    Irish (O) B2 (Dropped on the day, looked like the right thing to do!)
    Maths (H) B2 (Had a heart attack during paper one, so I missed on my B1/A2 :()
    English (H) A1 (Thought my paper one was B standard!)
    Geography (H) A1 (WHAT THE HELL?!!?! I got a D3 in the mock! Never expected this at ALL!)
    Biology (H) A1 (Got the same in the mock)
    Accountancy (H) A2 (Wondering where my A1 went)
    French (H) B3 (Slightly disappointed but meh)
    Music (H) B2 (Happy with this)

550 points, highest in the school. Academic award here I come!
    And got called by my UCAS choice, Queens University Belfast, today.
    Got accepted. So I'm all set :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Bliss108

Cawcheen wrote: »
    English (H) C2 .. Disappointed as i got a B1 in the mocks
    Irish (O) B3
    Maths (O) C1
    History (H) C1
    Geography (H) C3
    German (H) B2
    Biology (O) B1

Last years points for my course were 345... im after gettin 355. 10 points doesn't seem like too much leverage..They better not go up this year!!

Got the same amount of points too and I really hope the points for my course go down as they were 380 last year.. what course do you want to do btw?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭YodaBoy

sooo Happy! Only sank in what getting the points means when I went up to Trinity halls today for their open day!
    So overwhelming thinking about my whole life changing completely in a month!

Can't get near sleep with the happiness! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭GregoryNimmo

I got 415! Was expecting about 350. So I am delihraaa!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

My course was 510, thought that was a bit of a long shot, but ended up getting 530! Absolutely delighted :D

English (H): A2
    Irish (H): A2
    Maths (O): A2
    French (H): A2
    Geography(H): B1
    Biology (H): A2 :D
    Home Ec (H): B1

What's your course? :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭LedZeppelin

Absolutely delighted with my results!
    Art (H) - A1 (thrilled, coz art is my fave sub)
    H.Ec(H) - A1
    Geog (H) - A2
    French (H)- A2
    English (H) - B2
    Math (H) - B2 (after the disaster of a paper, I was delighted)
    Irish (H) - B2
    LCVP - Distinction

540 in total which was a huge improvement on the mocks :D
    Maynooth here I come :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Capricorn93

Biology(H) A1
    Home Ec(H) A1
    Irish(H) A1
    English(H) A2
    Business(H) A2
    Chemistry(H) B1 (Delighted! Only took it up in September instead of accounting and failed my mocks!:D)
    Maths(H) B3 (nearly failed my mocks!!)
    German(H) B3

565, and 178 in the Hpat, so 731 altogether. Fingers crossed for UCD but I don't think it's looking too good..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭danoboy254

Well done people....interestin stuff all down along this thread

I got my H A1's in physics art and irish.....talk about varied!
    extremely happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

It's been three days and I'm still in shock

HL English: B1 (college requirement: check!!)
    HL Irish: A2
    OL Maths: B1
    HL German: B1 (considering a recheck. Got an A2 in the mocks like, and have never gotten lower than 85%. Ever.)
    HL Geography: B1
    HL Home Ec: B1 (the biggest shock of all. I failed the mock.)
    HL Biology: A2
    LCVP: Distinction

All in all, a fairly attractive looking 515 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭begsy

Fiona1993 wrote: »
    Is there ANYBODY out there broken-hearted about their Home Economics result? iI've gotten A's for the two years and I come out with a C2?!?! :(.

Also English? I only screwed up Hamlet but a C3? I've gotten B's for the two years. 15 points off last years points and they're expected to rise.....

Devastation doesn't describe it......

You must be my long lost twin... I am also devastated with both my english and my home ec.. Both of those came down from what i achieved in mocks... I really cannot understand my home ec i done it through irish as well and only managed a C3.. I'm convinced my project and irish bonis weren't added...:( As regards english i am still very sore..:( I really thought i had done very well and expected a B1/A2 but i only got a C3.. What the hell like?? Defo appealing these.. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Sarah?

Irish - B2 - Had been aiming for an A1 almost since birth. rolleyes.gif But put hardly any effort into preparing for Paper 2, so expected a B1/B2. Can't really complain. Also had a terrible teacher for half of the course, if that counts as an excuse. frown.gif (And I the only other teacher I've ever had a bad word to say about was one who insulted a few people in each class on a daily basis. Honestly this one was brutal, must've been one of those 'collect ten crisp packets and become' a teacher jobs.) :(
    English - B1 - Delighted. After a D2 in the mock, I thought I mightn't be able to get the B3 I needed. But after doing the papers I optimistically predicted a B1 (if not that a B2). Literally spent 50% of my time in the last two years at English, so I'm glad it paid off. Mainly thanks to the epic teacher we had. biggrin.gif
    French - B2 - Gutted. Would've been slightly disappointed with an A2, the paper went so well. Fairly confident I got 100% in the tape, and the paper was perfect, nearly as easy as the mock where I got an A2. Will probably appeal it, unless I'm advised not to. The oral had gone really well too, so I don't know how I only got a B2. confused.gif
    Art - B3 - Happy enough. Basically what I thought I'd get.
    History - D2 - I regret keeping on History... Didn't do half enough evision and the mark I deserved.
    DCG - C2 - Relieved that I passed the drawing paper (otherwise I'd have failed overall). Feel stupid for once thinking I could get an A or high B... Did an A1 project according to the teacher. pacman.gif But on the day I left out over one and a half long questions out of four, and one of three short questions. Probably just about passed.
    (Maths [Ordinary] - B1 - The max I thought I could possibly get was a B1, the minimum, a B2. So I was fairly accurate!) tongue.gif Didn't do a tap for this, most of my classes were spent thinking 'I shouldn't have have dropped'. Probably better off doing pass though, avoided so much stress that the few honours ones went through!

Total: 435 Got 410 in my mocks without doing anything, so that's a bit disappointing. Would've been happy out if I got the 20 extra points I thought I did for French and got over 450, despite aiming for at least 500 ideally.

Just got the points for my course, not sure if I'll take it. confused.gif

PS: Anyone else raging over their French result? And would one examiner have corrected all of the roughly fifty French papers in my school? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Sarah? wrote: »
    PS: Anyone else raging over their French result? And would one examiner have corrected all of the roughly fifty French papers in my school? :confused:

Not me anyway..I got a B1, which I was happy with since I got a B2 in the pre.

The French paper was absolutely lovely this year, and the tape was a gift. But I reckon it may have been marked harder because so many people found it to be such a good paper. Less people got A's this year than last year, despite last year's paper being a nightmare!

I kinda thought I had a chance at an A2, but was happy with the B1 just because I'm fairly certain the marking scheme was tough.

However, if everyone in your year is unhappy with French, then it might be worth getting it checked out. Your examiner might have been extra tough.

_meehan_ wrote: »
    The French paper was absolutely lovely this year, and the tape was a gift.

Agreed, easiest tape ever and brilliant paper.
    _meehan_ wrote: »
    If everyone in your year is unhappy with French, then it might be worth getting it checked out. Your examiner might have been extra tough.

I talked to a French teacher after and they said I should be happy enough with the mark I got, must think it was marked hard too. Also mentioned that maybe the oral examiner was mean in marking it. I went into that second (first higher level student to be examined), but I doubt that has any relevance. I was really calm thought and the examiner seemed lovely, kept smiling and nodding the whole time!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Probably, though it's technically possible if there was more than one actual centre in your school, one packet became the last of one examiner's bundles of papers and the other was the first of another examiner's bundles.

spurious wrote: »
    It's technically possible if there was more than one actual centre in your school, one packet became the last of one examiner's bundles of papers and the other was the first of another examiner's bundles.

Thanks, you never know I suppose. I think I was in the first centre, so there's a slight possibility. ;)

I don't get why they have to limit the number of A grades the way they do, they could at least do it so that it's roughly the same across each subject, but Art for example has a really low percentage of As each year. It just puts people off the subject, even if they're really artistic. There are probably a lot of people who did A-standard exams and don't get As because the examiners have reached their limit of top grades. And surely there should be more As given out if it's an easy paper? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

And surely there should be more As given out if it's an easy paper? :confused:

It's exact opposite, if a paper is easy then it will me marked toughly, I guess it was like that with DCG paper

Paczini wrote: »
    If a paper is easy then it will be marked toughly, I guess it was like that with DCG paper

DCG was easy?? :eek: I came very close to failing it, and I used to be really good at it...

DCG was easy?? :eek: I came very close to failing it, and I used to be really good at it...

most people said that it was mucheasier than past and sample papers

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

Maths - B2 (Favourite subject, wanted an A! But screwed up the exam)
    Irish - B1 (Happy with this, but I did put a huge effort into Irish, went to grinds and Leeson Street and everything - So glad I never have to speak the damn thing again)
    English - B1 (Happy enough with this, thought I might have been able to scrape an A2 but my essay wasn't great)
    French - B1 (Slightly disappointed, I think French is the easiest subject, but got the mark I deserved because I didn't practice the written pieces)
    Business - A1 (Really feel I deserved this, always worked hard and I had been regretting doing it. The A1 makes it better)
    Chemistry - A1 (Ecstatic! I really thought I'd completely screwed up the exam, came out almost crying. Had a great teacher, so happy I did well for her)
    Technology - A2 (Wanted an A1 but didn't put the work in, happy enough with an A2)
    LCVP - Distinction (It's very Business-y so I was expecting this. Didn't ever need it for points as I did all honours but it's still nice to have. Lovely subject)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

for people dissapointed about business i think one thing that really helps more than in any other subjects is LAYOUT. I got an A2

when answering questions i always did stuff in a bulleted list as it stops you from waffling which is very easy to do in business, they make sure you put down the point, expand the point enough and move on plus it makes it easier to read for the examiner than a paragraph you've ended up unnecessarily waffling in.

• Advertisement

most people said that it was much easier than past and sample papers

Probably true. Still I had nowhere near enough time to finish the paper. And found it quite difficult.

Probably true. Still I had nowhere near enough time to finish the paper. And found it quite difficult.
    Well.. I had just enough time to do it and ended up with A2

I had just enough time to do it and ended up with A2

Congrats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 seasonoflove

Got 570 overall - don't know how to feel considering I got straight A1's right through secondary school. I feel bad saying it upsets me but I really needed 590. It's different for everyone, depending on what you want to do. A2's really killed me in terms of points - 3 A1's, 4 A2's. What is the likelihood of an A2 going up to an A1 is they're in subjects that were consistently A1's right through the years? :confused: Congrats to everyone that got what they wanted and to those that didn't - there are a lot of us in the same boat. Just have to stay positive for re-checks :cool:

It's different for everyone, depending on what you want to do. A2's really killed me in terms of points - 3 A1's, 4 A2's.

God yeah I'd hate to have gotten four A2s... :P

You never know, if you get them rechecked they might go up. :) And I totally agree that it's different depending on what you want, if you think you need 590 then you have a right to complain about getting 570, which is amazing (well done)! Obviously just don't complain about it to anyone who got a lot less and was happy out. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭shanmo

i pretty much decided at the end of fifth yr i would repeat for a no of reasons so i was quite surprised with my results although thay were not what i should have got had i worked properly and not given up. so anyway i will be repeating next yr i think, probably from home.
    I need to take on chemisttry and get a c3 , so i would be greatfull to anybody who had a teacher (a good one) , or anybody who did brill who could give me some chemistry notes/advice??
    Thanks.
    :):)

i think the geo shocked a lot of ppl, certainly did in my school !!

hi, how did u get that in chem? i heard it was well hard.
    Could you offer any help to a solo home learner??
    thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

shanmo wrote: »
    i think the geo shocked a lot of ppl, certainly did in my school !!
    Not a single a in our year 38% As in geography last year beyond a joke

• Advertisement

Emmerz wrote: »
    Got 585 deeelighted :D

A1's in Chem, Biology, French, English and Home Ec.
    B1 in Economics and a B2 in HL Maths yesssssssssssss!! :D

Oh and an A2 in pass Irish lol

Dublin here I come!

You did great, il be repeating as i gave up before i even started sixth and also need chemistry. Could you offer any help/ advice for chemistry?
    It would be very appreciated. notes, etc??
    Thanks

Advertisement