Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, how did it go? RESULTS LC 2011 (in this thread only)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭shanmo

Not a single a in our year 38% As in geography last year beyond a joke

got an a in the mocks expected at least a B3 in the real thing only got a c3, i did better in bloody french, never got below a b in geo, well disapointed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Miss Brightside

UrbanSea wrote: »
    What's your course? :cool:

Occupational Therapy in NUIG :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 EvetscipE

Got 215 points... pretty happy, seeing as how it's double what I was expecting...

CAO was 215 last year, 240 for first round this year... Maybe I can get in on second round offers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Does anyone know where you can see previous years' first round offers aswell as final offers? I can just find final

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

No college for me I guess. Back to bed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭YodaBoy

So we just press accept on the CAO page for the course??? Seems to simple that this is what all the stress and work comes to...a single click! Anti-climax! I have the feeling now that I've done it wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭jenny18

home ec a2 honours
    biology b1 honours
    physics chemistry b3 (raging) honours
    english and french c2 honours
    maths d2 honours
    business e honours really happy tho cause taught myself in one week and only did half the paper:eek:
    irish c2 ordinary
    430 points and 179 means gonna try for medicine with a repeat year
    :D

Does anyone know where you can see previous years' first round offers aswell as final offers? I can just find final
    em yep go 2 cao then courses then select year of courses median is first offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

jenny18 wrote: »
    em yep go 2 cao then courses then select year of courses median is first offer

Median isn't the lowest of the first round though, it's the points of the middle person. The points for the final round are the lowest. This can be confusing though, because the statistics published today are the lowest of the first round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

spent the last ten minutes searching for this forum, only to find it on the flipping home page :P

i'm got 385, which isn't as much as some people but i'm relieved, especially since i got 280 in the mocks :)

repeating was the best thing i ever did, bmus in nuim here i come :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

YodaBoy wrote: »
    So we just press accept on the CAO page for the course??? Seems to simple that this is what all the stress and work comes to...a single click! Anti-climax! I have the feeling now that I've done it wrong!

HAHA thats what I thought last night!
    I thought I'd get no offer cause I might of filled it in wrong!!!!:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

475 bay bay :) A1 in English!

hey if i do a level 7 this year and change to level 8 next year do i have to pay fees?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Adro947 wrote: »
    Median isn't the lowest of the first round though, it's the points of the middle person. The points for the final round are the lowest. This can be confusing though, because the statistics published today are the lowest of the first round.

so say the course I wanted was median last year 520, and 500 as final offer, is there still a chance then that the 520 could go down and this year would also end up at a lower final offer. I only need it to drop 5 points for my first choice.

also, is there a table anywhere which shows how many places were offered in a course in 2nd or 3rd rounds.

tks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

never posted mine

English(H)B1
    Irish(O)B2
    Maths(O)C1
    Business(H)A2
    Accounting(H)C1
    French(H)A1
    History(H)C1
    LCVP- Merit

i was delighted- 465 and i got my first choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Sarah?

French (H) A1

Superbe! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 workingstudent

got 480 pretty happy considering i didnt put in as much work as i was capable of.

English (H)- C1 - not too surprised i didnt do great in paper 2 due to lack of knowledge
    Irish (H)- B3 - happy with this
    Maths (H)- B3(done through irish) - would have loved an A but didnt put in enough work coming up to the end and paper 1 didnt go as well as planned..3 teachers in 6th year wasnt helpful either!
    French (H)- B1 - just off the A :(
    Physics (H)- A2 - delighted, came up from a D2 in my pre's :D
    Chemistry (H)- B1 - was caught for a question on the day cost me an A but still happy with what i got
    Applied Maths (O)- A1 - kept it on as in insurance subject just in case an honours one didnt go will and ended up not counting my A1!

Got offered my 1st choices for level 8 and level 6/7 and now not sure which one to take :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭njd2010

Irish (O) C1 (H)
    English (H)B2
    Maths (O) A1
    History (H)C2
    Geography (H) A2
    German (H) B1
    Biology (H) A1
    480, unfortunately didn't into UCC Law which was 480*, so now I have to decide if I'm going to wait for second offers or just go to do UL... Not an easy decision :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

njd2010 wrote: »
    Irish (O) C1 (H)
    English (H)B2
    Maths (O) A1
    History (H)C2
    Geography (H) A2
    German (H) B1
    Biology (H) A1
    480, unfortunately didn't into UCC Law which was 480*, so now I have to decide if I'm going to wait for second offers or just go to do UL... Not an easy decision :(

For the love of God accept UL. You can still be offered, and accept, UCC in Round 2 but if you decline UL and don't get a UCC offer you have nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭njd2010

For the love of God accept UL. You can still be offered, and accept, UCC in Round 2 but if you decline UL and don't get a UCC offer you have nothing.

Sorry people are probably sick of me posting about that in here ha :p I did accept UL, but I don't want to move up there until the second round of offers come out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

njd2010 wrote: »
    Sorry people are probably sick of me posting about that in here ha :p I did accept UL, but I don't want to move up there until the second round of offers come out.

Oh, the way your post came across it shouldn't as if you didn't know whether or not to press the accept button! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Physics (H)- A2
    Congrats!
    Biology (H) A1
    And congrats!

Might as well post mine for the brag-

Irish (O)-B2 (Delighted- basically made no effort as the exam was easy)
    Maths (O)-B2 (Delighted too; I wanted this result)
    Biology (H)-B1 (Expected)
    Religion (H)-A2 (Left out a quarter of the exam and still got this-chuffed!)
    English (H)-A1 (Lol I was expecting a B1 or a B2!)
    Latin (H)-B1 (Expected)
    History (H)-B3 (Very disappointed; I was expecting an A2)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭DM360

Was hoping for 530, nearly had a heart attack when I opened the envelope. Absolutely delighted

Maths (H) - A2
    Irish (H) - A2
    English (H) - A1
    French (H) - A2
    Physics (H) - A1
    Chemistry (H) - A1
    Latin (H) - A1
    Construction Studies (H) - A1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 arham khan

got 565 and chance of dentistry points falling in ucc. At da moment they have 570 for random selection. Any chance da points might drop for round two. Please be as critical as possible I don't want any false hopes :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

arham khan wrote: »
    got 565 and chance of dentistry points falling in ucc. At da moment they have 570 for random selection. Any chance da points might drop for round two. Please be as critical as possible I don't want any false hopes :)

If it was random selection at 570 then any places that become available will be given to the people on 570 who missed out before those on 565.

DM360 wrote: »
    Was hoping for 530, nearly had a heart attack when I opened the envelope. Absolutely delighted

Maths (H) - A2
    Irish (H) - A2
    English (H) - A1
    French (H) - A2
    Physics (H) - A1
    Chemistry (H) - A1
    Latin (H) - A1
    Construction Studies (H) - A1

Fair play dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dats da biggest difference I've ever come across between prediction and achievement :).

dambarude wrote: »
    If it was random selection at 570 then any places that become available will be given to the people on 570 who missed out before those on 565.

Thanks for that. I appreciate the honest opinion :) How did u get on? Did u get ur first choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭AbsentPonderer

Irish (H) A1
    English (H) A1
    French (H) A1
    Business (H) A1
    History (H) A1
    Biology (H) A2 .... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil :D
    Maths (O) B3
    I cried! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

English(H)-C3
    Irish(H)-C2
    Maths(H)-B1
    French(H)-B1
    Biology(H)-C1
    Accounting(H)-C1
    Physics(H)-B1
    L.C.V.P.- Merit
    460 overall! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Fiona1993

begsy wrote: »
    You must be my long lost twin... I am also devastated with both my english and my home ec.. Both of those came down from what i achieved in mocks... I really cannot understand my home ec i done it through irish as well and only managed a C3.. I'm convinced my project and irish bonis weren't added...:( As regards english i am still very sore..:( I really thought i had done very well and expected a B1/A2 but i only got a C3.. What the hell like?? Defo appealing these.. :(
    I hope you climb up in grades... I hope I do too.. This Leaving Cert points craic has broken my heart.

Advertisement