Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duncannon Sand Sculptures

Options
  • 17-08-2011 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

So did you go to see the Duncannon Sand Sculptures at the weekend?
    What did you think of it?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Mocrie14

I thought the sand scuplting bit of it was a huge dissapointment. €10 entry fee and I was in there about 10 seconds. The whole festival is promoted on the back on the sand scuplting but that part of it was crap. I was there late sunday morning.
    • Sand display way too small and too expensive.
    • Beach not fully utilised - a food market would do well during festival.
    • Road signage very bad - looked like something my 2 yr old would do.

It should be much better and needs to be marketed and sold much more professionally. Wont be in a rush back next year...

Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

For the last couple of years now people have complained about the entry fee.

Duncannon could do so well if proper planning was put into using the beach for events etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Bazbu wrote: »
    I thought the sand scuplting bit of it was a huge dissapointment. €10 entry fee and I was in there about 10 seconds. The whole festival is promoted on the back on the sand scuplting but that part of it was crap. I was there late sunday morning.
    • Sand display way too small and too expensive.
    • Beach not fully utilised - a food market would do well during festival.
    • Road signage very bad - looked like something my 2 yr old would do.
    It should be much better and needs to be marketed and sold much more professionally. Wont be in a rush back next year...

Sorry!

thats mad, agree with that completley! didnt even bother going in to see the sculptures. other years had loads all along the beach. and the signs around the area were terrible, for the promotion the thing got, it wouldnt have cost much to sort out some decent signs. huge potential for it, but really missed out this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

totally agree to expensive and to small plus very poor signs were put up on crossroads blocking line of sight for on coming traffic very poor effort and a real pity

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭wexford12

We also went with the kids I did think the €10 charge was a bit much for a quick walk around but in fairness the work of art was very good, but next time I will walk by and keep my money.Speaking of which the ice cream van on the sand should be ashamed of themselves €2 each for the smallest 99 I have ever seen it was one quick blob on the cone when i said it to the man he laughed and said ah well.On the plus side Duncannon is beautiful i hadn't been there before and will be back the pub across for the beach was some of the best food iv had in a very long time well worth a visit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 bannowgal

We went to Duncannon on the Sunday in the late afternoon to see the sand sculptures. We asked two ladies coming out of the polytunnel, in which were the sculptures, if it was any good. They said it was a waste of time and got their money back!.
    Local signs for the sand sculpturing and also the windsurfing are very poor and give a bad image of the events.
    Nicely produced signs and banners are available locally. To find out about them just email mp3sam@operamail.com

Advertisement