Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom NGB in Athy

Options
  • 17-08-2011 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi,

Got a letter in work to say our business broadband had been upgraded from 8mb to 12mb, however, the line is still only syncing at 6mb and I am only getting speeds of 4-4.5mb.

Has the line been upgraded to NGB here? Also, how can I find out what exchange I am on?

I have eircom broadband at home also, which is less than a mile away, and when I asked you earlier in the week, we were told there was no definite date for the Athy exchange upgrade to NGB. Will I be able to receive 12-24mb broadband at home aswell any time soon. Speaking of 24mb, is this going to be available for business/home in Athy also?

Back to my workplace, is it possible the old, small netopia router (with single ethernet port) is not up to dealing with the new connection? And if so, is it possible to get a new router sent out to us?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi,

Got a letter in work to say our business broadband had been upgraded from 8mb to 12mb, however, the line is still only syncing at 6mb and I am only getting speeds of 4-4.5mb.

Has the line been upgraded to NGB here? Also, how can I find out what exchange I am on?

I have eircom broadband at home also, which is less than a mile away, and when I asked you earlier in the week, we were told there was no definite date for the Athy exchange upgrade to NGB. Will I be able to receive 12-24mb broadband at home aswell any time soon. Speaking of 24mb, is this going to be available for business/home in Athy also?

Back to my workplace, is it possible the old, small netopia router (with single ethernet port) is not up to dealing with the new connection? And if so, is it possible to get a new router sent out to us?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Fatal Except1on,

Thanks for contacting eircom's Forum on Boards.

If you PM the phone numbers or eircom Account numbers of the phonelines concerned I can look into your query.

As regards a new replacement modem. eircom offers the following options.

1) If you agree to continue with your eircom contract for 12 months, you can avail of a new free replacement wireless modem. If you wish to do this, just PM your mobile contact phone number for the courier and advise that you wish to continue with a new 12 months contract.

2) You have the option of purchasing a new replacement modem from Broadband Sales (1800503303 - freefone); or can purchase this online at a 50% reduced cost (€49.99) on eircom Product Accessories website LINK

3) You can purchase your own adsl broadband modem.

Let me know if I can help you further.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Hi Fatal Except1on,

Thanks for contacting eircom's Forum on Boards.

If you PM the phone numbers or eircom Account numbers of the phonelines concerned I can look into your query.

As regards a new replacement modem. eircom offers the following options.

1) If you agree to continue with your eircom contract for 12 months, you can avail of a new free replacement wireless modem. If you wish to do this, just PM your mobile contact phone number for the courier and advise that you wish to continue with a new 12 months contract.

2) You have the option of purchasing a new replacement modem from Broadband Sales (1800503303 - freefone); or can purchase this online at a 50% reduced cost (€49.99) on eircom Product Accessories website LINK

3) You can purchase your own adsl broadband modem.

Let me know if I can help you further.

Best wishes,
    Ant

The customer has a 3341 and that is not adsl 2+ compliant. The line has been upgraded to an adsl 2+ speed. He should receive a modem automatically from eircom or be able to request one free of charge without signing up to a new contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Fatal Except1on

Hi, the router I have on the premises is a netopia 3346.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Fatal Except1on

We have been a long time eircom business customer, so if you want to send out a new router and renew contract, fine.

I'm not happy about it, but just do it anyway as our current router is utter crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Hi, the router I have on the premises is a netopia 3346.

My apologies, I keep forgetting that one even existed lol.

• Advertisement
Advertisement