Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potato Wedges

Options
  • 17-08-2011 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering how do people make their homemade wedges.

I am planning on these tonight for dinner but looking for advise, should I parboil them first or just chop them up and put in the oven with oil and seasoning.

Also what seasoning do people recommend,

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I parboil mine first, for slightly longer than I should. It leaves them really srispy.

I heat the oven tray with vegetable oil so when I drop the wedges on, they sizzle.

I mix the seasoning up to fit what I'm eating with it. Sometimes, I'll throw salt, pepper and olive oil into a food bag and mix the wedges up in it. Or if I'm in a spicy humour, I'll mix the wedges with chilli pepper, coriander and cumin.
    I judge it by mixing the spices first and having a good smell of it. I add more stuff as I feel the need.

Alternatively, you could just do plain wedges and make a lovely dip. Garlic mayo is my favourite with plain wedges.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

Thanks,

I'm planning on serving them with the Knorr season and shake Mediterranean mix, so I might try a spicy mix with them. It's a good idea to mix the spices together first so that I get an idea of how they'll be. I generally just throw spices in and then regret it ;)

Haven't made homemade before so was looking for guidelines. Thanks again

Advertisement