Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone line / broadband installation help

Options
  • 17-08-2011 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi there,
    A while back I had started the process of getting a phoneline installed by you guys. There was a long period where I had to wait due to you guys needing planning permission from the council in order to install a box at the end of my property.

There are two issues arising from this:
    1) The box (manhole style) was put on the other side of the road to the property with 2 holes in the box pointing towards my house. However absolutely no effort has been made to get cables / holes dug under the road. Am I seriously expected to do this myself?

2) Secondly my property is quite far off the road. It is approximately 200m away, now at the time I was told I would need to dig the cables in on my property myself before anything would be done. Again is this standard practice? If I AM expected to do the cabling myself exactly what sort of cabling do I use for the job?

Thanks in advance,
    Sean

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

se124 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    A while back I had started the process of getting a phoneline installed by you guys. There was a long period where I had to wait due to you guys needing planning permission from the council in order to install a box at the end of my property.

There are two issues arising from this:
    1) The box (manhole style) was put on the other side of the road to the property with 2 holes in the box pointing towards my house. However absolutely no effort has been made to get cables / holes dug under the road. Am I seriously expected to do this myself?

2) Secondly my property is quite far off the road. It is approximately 200m away, now at the time I was told I would need to dig the cables in on my property myself before anything would be done. Again is this standard practice? If I AM expected to do the cabling myself exactly what sort of cabling do I use for the job?

Thanks in advance,
    Sean

Hi se124
    can you PM me your tel. number and I will have a look at these issues for you.
    Tony

Advertisement