Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO Question

• 17-08-2011 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

I have a small question !

here are the requirements for my course in UL : Applicants are required to hold at the time of enrolment the established Leaving Certificate (or an approved equivalent) with at least Grade C3 in two Higher Level subjects and Grade D3 in four Ordinary or Higher Level subjects (including Mathematics, Irish or another language and English).

In addition;At least B3 at higher level in one of the core languages (French/German/Japanese/Spanish).

the points for it were 370 last year and I got 430 as well as the other requirements. The thing I'm worried about is the "irish or another language" bit. Because the other language I did was french and it's a specific requirement and I did not do Irish because I was french ! :O
    Does that mean I wont be taken ?? :O

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Did you get an exemption from studying Irish? Depending on what age you were when you entered the Irish education system, non-Irish citizen are not required to study Irish (AFAIK). As such, if you were exempted from it, I don't think you'll need it for a college place. Contact you school guidance cllr, who will be able to give more details to you. Congrats on finishing the leaving and enjoy yourself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I have a small question !

here are the requirements for my course in UL : Applicants are required to hold at the time of enrolment the established Leaving Certificate (or an approved equivalent) with at least Grade C3 in two Higher Level subjects and Grade D3 in four Ordinary or Higher Level subjects (including Mathematics, Irish or another language and English).

In addition;At least B3 at higher level in one of the core languages (French/German/Japanese/Spanish).

the points for it were 370 last year and I got 430 as well as the other requirements. The thing I'm worried about is the "irish or another language" bit. Because the other language I did was french and it's a specific requirement and I did not do Irish because I was french ! :O
    Does that mean I wont be taken ?? :O

You will be accepted. UL want Irish or another language. You did French so you meet this requirement.

The second part of the requirement is that to get into your course (assuming it's languages or a degree with languages in it) you must have scored a B3 in your 'foreign' language.

The first part (english, maths, irish or other language) is the basic requirement to get into any UL degree. The second part is the specific requirement for the degree you have chosen. You meet both requirements so you'll be fine.

Advertisement