Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Ramen bowls

Options
  • 17-08-2011 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I thought I'd try you Japan-o-philes first.

I visited Japan a couple of years ago when my OH was living there and I fell in love with the place, especially the food. I've tried my hand at some tempura, okinomiyaki and gyoza, and now OH is requesting Nikujaga and Oden, so I thought it'd be nice to get authentic crockery.

I've been looking for Ramen bowls like you find in Yamamori but so far no luck, not even on Amazon, Japan Centre Online, or in the Asia Market. Has anyone managed to find good-sized Ramen bowls anywhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

kylith wrote: »
    I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I thought I'd try you Japan-o-philes first.

I visited Japan a couple of years ago when my OH was living there and I fell in love with the place, especially the food. I've tried my hand at some tempura, okinomiyaki and gyoza, and now OH is requesting Nikujaga and Oden, so I thought it'd be nice to get authentic crockery.

I've been looking for Ramen bowls like you find in Yamamori but so far no luck, not even on Amazon, Japan Centre Online, or in the Asia Market. Has anyone managed to find good-sized Ramen bowls anywhere?

Are you seeking raamendon ラーメン丼 ramen bowl
    Ramen bowls with the Chinese repeated red decorative design at and around the lip of the bowl plus the matching spoon ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

bedlam wrote: »
    Give Muji on Chatham St a try, their online store has a porcelain bowl listed. Failing that maybe Wagamama might have some.
    Will do, thanks.
    shindig-jp wrote: »
    Are you seeking raamendon ラーメン丼 ramen bowl
    Ramen bowls with the Chinese repeated red decorative design at and around the lip of the bowl plus the matching spoon ?
    Just something that's big enough to cook ramen as a meal, none of my own bowls are near big enough. Looking good is also a bonus.

Advertisement