Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know your DIT 2011/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

39 to be exact!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 whatdaisydid

Name: Becca Ní Mheilbhín
    Course and year: International business with a language (German). First year!
    Campus: Aungier/ Cathal Brugha, from what I could make out online!
    Any clubs and socs you intend to join: I'm open to suggestions! If something catches my eye I'll be in! Dance and keeping active would definitely be a major factor.
    How people will recognize you (any distinguishing features or style): The girl that never wears trousers, dresses or shorts is all I wear. Plus, I have crazy curly hair.
    Any other info you like to give us: I'm a fluent Irish speaker ;) and I'd love to help keep the language alive! Cliqued as it may sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Name: Sean Carroll
    Course and year: Film and Broadcasting (1st year!)
    Campus: Aungier Street
    Any clubs and socs you intend to join: Film soc and maybe an Airsoft soc if there is one.
    How people will recognize you (any distinguishing features or style): Will probably be wearing a hoody and looking lost :p
    Any other info you like to give us:

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnG18

liambob1 wrote: »
    Well its coming to the time of year again when our little boards home receives an influx or traffic of new and returning students so I thought id start this thread so everyone can introduce/reintroduce themselves

Name:
    Course and year:
    Campus:
    Any clubs and socs you intend to join:
    How people will recognize you (any distinguishing features or style)
    Any other info you like to give us:

It will be advantageous to include any societies you wish to join because many of the committees browse the forum too and they could provide more information or even ask you to get involved in running the society :)

Name: Liam
    Course and year: DT422/3 BSc Pharmaceutical Healthcare year 3
    Campus: Cathal Brugha st
    Any clubs and socs you intend to join: Labour, pirate, atheist soc (if it starts up this year)
    How people will recognize you (any distinguishing features or style) I live in my dit hoody
    Any other info you like to give us: Long live Cathal Brugha street!!

BTW I assume you know you'll need to do an industry placement! I'd start searching ASAP and decide whether you want to do it in industry or research! Just finishing my 12 week stint!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭liambob1

JohnG18 wrote: »
    BTW I assume you know you'll need to do an industry placement! I'd start searching ASAP and decide whether you want to do it in industry or research! Just finishing my 12 week stint!

I know I have to do it but I assumed they would tell us when to start! Do I just start shooting off emails to the companies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Name: Michelle
    Course and year: MSc in Pharmaceutical QA and Biotech
    Campus: Kevin Street
    Any clubs and socs you intend to join: Eeee, probably not, I always have the best intentions but they never come to anything :o
    How people will recognize you (any distinguishing features or style): Um, I crack a lot of jokes (mostly bad)
    Any other info you like to give us: I'm really excited about going back to college, working these past few months has made me appreciate the student life more!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭liambob1

Name: Michelle
    Course and year: MSc in Pharmaceutical QA and Biotech
    Any clubs and socs you intend to join: Eeee, probably not, I always have the best intentions but they never come to anything :o
    How people will recognize you (any distinguishing features or style): Um, I crack a lot of jokes (mostly bad)
    Any other info you like to give us: I'm really excited about going back to college, working these past few months has made me appreciate the student life more!

That wins the award for the coolest sounding masters course EVER

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnG18

liambob1 wrote: »
    I know I have to do it but I assumed they would tell us when to start! Do I just start shooting off emails to the companies?

They'll mention it in Semester 1 but be on top of you in Semester 2. I started banging out emails and secured mine really early. Having it in the bag means you've less stress cause 3rd year is the most difficult year for everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 karen tighe

anyone doing architecture (1st year) in bolton street???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 evil thing

Name: Paul Carroll
    Course and year: (year 1)(<- noob) food inovation
    Campus:Cathal Brugha Street
    Any clubs and socs you intend to join:gamesoc filmsoc
    How people will recognize you (any distinguishing features or style):Big nerd glasses ,hoodie and jeans :D oh and a lost look on my face =P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Dublin_Bud

Name: Raymond
    Course and year: DT501 - Music - 3rd year
    Campus: Rathmines
    Any clubs and socs you intend to join: Mountaineering, PokerSoc, DITSU.
    How people will recognize you (any distinguishing features or style): Broad Scottish accent, occasional kilt
    Any other info you like to give us: I appear to be the main contact on this board for the Glorious Republic of Rathmines, so if you've any questions - feel free to ask!!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭golden gal

Name: Leslie
    Course and year: MSC Marketing
    Any clubs and socs you intend to join: hmm...drama, no idea really!!!
    How people will recognize you (any distinguishing features or style); Eh, I apparently look a little like Avril Lavigne minus the eye liner!
    Any other info you like to give us: Can't wait to start!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭MaidenSlayer

Name: Gary Fitzpatrick
    Course and year: DT324 Business Management
    Any clubs and socs you intend to join: Have to see what's going!
    How people will recognize you (any distinguishing features or style): More than likely in a band t shirt :D
    Any other info you like to give us: Let it start already!!

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭RomanGod

golden gal wrote: »
    I apparently look a little like Avril Lavigne minus the eye liner!

O really? Hi, my name is RomanGod, I like long slow walks on the beach preferably when the sun is setting, im a one girl man you can be sure of that, ive been single for about half a year, i couldnt give my heart again to have it crushed again, im a part time model with ralph lauren(inb4ralph pls go), i went through a difficult break up with my last girlfriend so my emotions are brittle, awaiting someone..somewhere to sculpt them around their heart, your heart golden gal, who knows maybe if i get to know you a little better we could hit it off, all im trying to say is.. sup?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Name: Gary Fitzpatrick
    Course and year: DT324 Business Management
    Any clubs and socs you intend to join: Have to see what's going!
    How people will recognize you (any distinguishing features or style): More than likely in a band t shirt :D
    Any other info you like to give us: Let it start already!!

You should have a look at BAMsoc (Business and Management), I'm doing the B.Sc Business and Management (which I think is the level 8 of your course) and I though it was a great Soc last year

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭MaidenSlayer

You should have a look at BAMsoc (Business and Management), I'm doing the B.Sc Business and Management (which I think is the level 8 of your course) and I though it was a great Soc last year

Yeah cool man I'll have a look into it, Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Name: Becca Ní Mheilbhín
    Course and year: International business with a language (German). First year!
    Campus: Aungier/ Cathal Brugha, from what I could make out online!

Aungier and Kevin St, they are directly opposite eachother! Aungier for business and Kevin for languages

Name: Neil
    Course and Year: DT555 International Business and Languages (French) 3rd Year
    Campus: Aungier St/ Kevin St
    How people will recognize me: I'll be on Erasmus so nobody will see me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ConmanTheKiller

Name: Conor
    Course and year: DT228 Comp Science 2nd Year
    Any clubs and socs you intend to join: Debate soc, game soc. I say this now with good intentions, but I always end up never going
    How people will recognize you (any distinguishing features or style): Well I'll be the lanky guy with the fringe and skinny jeans
    Any other info you like to give us: Nothing really

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

Would it suit the likes of an art student? seems like BAMsoc do a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Adriatic wrote: »
    Would it suit the likes of an art student? seems like BAMsoc do a lot.
    BAM Soc is open to all students and they've one of the largest membership of any society in DIT. They're on Facebook if you want to know more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 whatdaisydid

neil_18_ wrote: »
    Aungier and Kevin St, they are directly opposite eachother! Aungier for business and Kevin for languages

Name: Neil
    Course and Year: DT555 International Business and Languages (French) 3rd Year
    Campus: Aungier St/ Kevin St
    How people will recognize me: I'll be on Erasmus so nobody will see me :P
    Thanks pal! Enjoy your erasmus year ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

Name: Shane

Course and year: DT249 BSc in Information Technology and Information Systems 1st year

Any clubs and socs you intend to join: Part time. Probably won't have enough hours in the week :(
    How people will recognize you: I talk...a lot
    Any other info you like to give us: Mature part-time students are still students :D

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

Name: Lorraine

Course and year:ME in Mechanical Engineering

Campus:Bolton Street

Any clubs and socs you intend to join: Eh don't really know any at the minute but hopefully...im used to full days of lectures from my undergrad and now i've only 12hours a week gonna need somethin to keep entertained

How people will recognize you: Eh I dunno...hopefully it wont be by being the only girl in my course :S

Any other info you like to give us: cant think of any no :D

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

Name: Brian
    Course: DT212 General science, Kevin street I assume...hope it's good
    ANy clubs: Paint balling and Go karting if they are there.
    Distinguishing Features: :confused:
    Other info: Can't wait to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Devvy

Name: Devon
    Course and year: Business and management 2nd year. Advanced entry so im still new!
    Any clubs and socs you intend to join: Already in DJsoc, will probably join BAM and Banter this year too!
    How people will recognize you (any distinguishing features or style): Headphones, DJsoc Hoodie!
    Any other info you like to give us: Cant wait its gonna be a good year!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Devvy wrote: »
    Name: Devon
    Course and year: Business and management 2nd year. Advanced entry so im still new!
    Any clubs and socs you intend to join: Already in DJsoc, will probably join BAM and Banter this year too!
    How people will recognize you (any distinguishing features or style): Headphones, DJsoc Hoodie!
    Any other info you like to give us: Cant wait its gonna be a good year!
    Welcome to DT 365, if you're in group B I'll be seeing you in a few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭VickBack

Name: Vicki

Course and year: DT259 Biosciences HOPEFULLY going into year 3 if I pass my repeats!! =P

Campus: Kevin Street...

Any clubs and socs you intend to join: Airsoft, CAMPING SOC (committee member =P), Banter, BAMsoc, GAA, Gamesoc... As many as I fancy this year... Best way to get involved methinks!

How people will recognize you (any distinguishing features or style): Constantly on my MacBook in the snackery whenever I have breaks =D

Any other info you like to give us: I like to get involved so could be meeting some of you guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Howlin

Name:stephen
    Course and year: dt222/3 physics technology
    Campus: Kevin street
    Any clubs and socs you intend to join: i was in the dit mountaineering club and will def be going back to that (so should you who are reading this), and the debating soc and the camping soc also
    How people will recognize you (any distinguishing features or style): Apperently people say i look like dewey from malcom in the middle
    Any other info you like to give us: join the mountaineering club

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Name: Aisling

Course and year:DT505 year 2 Film & Broadcasting/Irish

Campus: Auinger Street

Any clubs and socs you intend to join:I'd love to join dance soc but it clashes with ym other dance classes:(

How people will recognize you (any distinguishing features or style): Often wearing dancing hoodies with my name on them or red converse.Oh and it's quite likely I'll sitck my head into your class at some point because I always forget my timetable and just check the usual area for my class.

Any other info you like to give us: New students photocopy the chapters you need for your reading lists early on,its hectic coming close to exam time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Devvy

Welcome to DT 365, if you're in group B I'll be seeing you in a few weeks!

Thanks Grand_Rajnah!! Looking forward to it!

Advertisement