Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know your DIT 2011/2012

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭djayforza

BrianG23 wrote: »
    Name: Brian
    Course: DT212 General science, Kevin street I assume...hope it's good
    ANy clubs: Paint balling and Go karting if they are there.
    Distinguishing Features: :confused:
    Other info: Can't wait to go.

Hi Brian
    Keep an eye out for DIT Karting club, we had over 600 members and ran more than 20 grand prix events over the year.
    I'll be floating around the southside campuses. Watch out for the karting hoodies rare as they are, I live in mine.
    Any questions give me a shout.
    James

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭RomanGod

djayforza wrote: »
    Hi Brian
    Keep an eye out for DIT Karting club, we had over 600 members and ran more than 20 grand prix events over the year.
    I'll be floating around the southside campuses. Watch out for the karting hoodies rare as they are, I live in mine.
    James

Count me in. I drive like a sober Ricky Bobby. You're either First or Last baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭djayforza

RomanGod wrote: »
    djayforza wrote: »
    Hi Brian
    James

Count me in. I drive like a sober Ricky Bobby. You're either First or Last baby!
    Good stuff, keep an eye out for us at the clubs and docs sign up in your faculty

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

RomanGod wrote: »
    Name: Ger Joseph
    Course 7 Year: Accounting and Finance (Year 1)
    Campus: Aungier Street
    Clubs/Societies: Rugby, GameSoc, Weightlifting (If they have it), Tennis

How people will recognize you: 6'2 240lbs, Im hard to miss ;)

Any other info: Could DIT have any more locations? Theres like 15 of them, ridiculous
    Hey man welcome to DT366. I'm a year ahead of you in the same course feel free to shoot me a PM if you need any advice.

Name: Ciaran Boyle
    Course & Year: Accounting and Finance (Year 2)
    Campus: Aungier Street
    Clubs/Societies: Karate

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Gian-Pa

Mo14 wrote: »
    Registered today (deferred entry) so I guess I'm as near as makes no difference a DIT student. Hello everyone!
    Name: Matthew
    Course and year: Computer Science DT228, First Year
    Campus: Kevin Street
    Any clubs and socs you intend to join: From looking here I'd guess computing soc and Netsoc, but I really have no idea, I'll see what takes my fancy on signup day.
    How people will recognize you (any distinguishing features or style): Average build, usually wearing jeans and a plain t-shirt/shirt, 6', slightly shy, so no, no distinguishing features at all!
    Any other info you like to give us: Nothing really, except I genuinely can't wait to get started, roll on September!

Here is the netsoc facebook group where we'll announce more as we get closer to the societies festival week.

http://facebook.com/groups/ditnetsoc/
    276983_108825595886766_3054231_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

Name: Orla
    Course and year: 2nd year Biomedical Science (Advanced entry)
    Any clubs and socs you intend to join: Games Soc, Sub Aqua, and I'm setting up NerdSoc (for Sci Fi/Fantasy)
    How people will recognize you (any distinguishing features or style): red glasses, at least one multi-coloured item of clothing
    Any other info you like to give us: Join NerdSoc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 evil thing

Name: Orla
    Course and year: 2nd year Biomedical Science (Advanced entry)
    Any clubs and socs you intend to join: Games Soc, Sub Aqua, and I'm setting up NerdSoc (for Sci Fi/Fantasy)
    How people will recognize you (any distinguishing features or style): red glasses, at least one multi-coloured item of clothing
    Any other info you like to give us: Join NerdSoc!

hmmmm... nerdsoc i will definetly join that

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

/clears throat

Can we have less of the NerdSoc in here please, tis clutterin up the thread! Yis can all chat away about it in the Clubs and Socs thread, I might even join it aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭aerial man

Im in electronic engineering in kevin street.

The best club ive found is the DIT Karting Club, great bunch of lads, the trips are always a good laugh. I have made a few good friends from the club and always look forward to the next trip!