Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

points for courses?

• 17-08-2011 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

commerce in NUIG was 365 last year, do you think that the points will go up or down this year? would you be safe on 375?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

The points will either go up, go down or remain the same. There is no way to know until Monday morning. Congrats on finishing the leaving and enjoy yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Im in the same boat you are but for a different course. I only have 10 points leverage so hopefully the points wont go up.

Anyone for a mass? Few candles at least? They got me this far!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 dannyirishman

Got 335 and last years points for arts with theology in maynooth was 335.....
    If I get my english and maths rechecked and get 10 poijts up, will i get 345 before round 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

I'm 25 points up from what it was last year, science in UCD, fingers crossed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Ronanc1

Can anyone provide a link to the webpage that has points for various courses broken down over the last couple of years, you know the one that lets you see the up down of points in particular colleges courses. Its been years since i did my leaving :o

• Advertisement

If I get my english and maths rechecked and get 10 poijts up, will i get 345 before round 2?

Ensure you view your scripts before you ask for them to be rechecked. If you see red and green pen on my script, they have already been rechecked so there is no real need to have them rerechecked.

Again, it is possible for the points to remain the same or go down, as well as up. "If you did go up in points and get offered the higher course, it depends on the course as to what they do. Some courses will only take you the following year, so if you accept it they will hold a place for you next year. Other courses leave spaces for people who go up in rechecks." via QueenOfLeon, somewhere on this board.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭AgathaK

Would it be possible for a course to go up by 30 points? I am talking BESS in Trinity here. Got 510 points, last year the course was 480...

AgathaK wrote: »
    Would it be possible for a course to go up by 30 points? I am talking BESS in Trinity here. Got 510 points, last year the course was 480...

Yes it is possible. I seem to remember science in UCD jumping 45 points a year or two ago. The is also possible for a course to jump 100 plus points, but that would be improbable. Just because it is possible, doesn't mean it will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Ronanc1 wrote: »
    Can anyone provide a link to the webpage that has points for various courses broken down over the last couple of years, you know the one that lets you see the up down of points in particular colleges courses. Its been years since i did my leaving :o

http://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Recheck results are not issued until mid-October. If it was the case for example that your course was 340 this year and you missed it and got 345 on rechecks you will then be offered a place on the course in October.

Don't worry about it until next Monday. Points can go up, down or stay the same. Meanwhile enjoy tonight and think about whether or not you want to get a recheck. View the scripts before you send them off to see if it's worth your while and if you can get your teachers to view them with you, that will help you make a more informed decision.

• Advertisement
Advertisement