Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wardrobe from marlboro trust

Options
  • 17-08-2011 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

i ordered a wardrobe through the marlboro trust catologue and i was told on phone wen i ordered i had 2 hangers and drawers and shelfs which was ment to come with the wardrobe. they delivered and damaged my doors, when we assembled it we realised it was the wrong one which was in the catalogue for 400 now they are trying charge me for 600 for a frame which i have two shelfs and a hanger grand size wardrobe but seems steep for a frame, i am being promised that it will be sorted but its been 3 weeks i stopped paying them as its in weekly installments and my rep started getting very intimidating with me i want to know whats my rights as a consumer to this situation it was sold door to door

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

kulareggae wrote: »
    i ordered a wardrobe through the marlboro trust catologue and i was told on phone wen i ordered i had 2 hangers and drawers and shelfs which was ment to come with the wardrobe. they delivered and damaged my doors, when we assembled it we realised it was the wrong one which was in the catalogue for 400 now they are trying charge me for 600 for a frame which i have two shelfs and a hanger grand size wardrobe but seems steep for a frame, i am being promised that it will be sorted but its been 3 weeks i stopped paying them as its in weekly installments and my rep started getting very intimidating with me i want to know whats my rights as a consumer to this situation it was sold door to door

Who delivered it? marlboro trust? or Courier company?
    Take pictures of everything. Try and e-mail your issue to them keeping a record. (incase it needs to go to court) lodge a complaint to them regarding the matter in writing. Do you have the catelogue with the details of your sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭kulareggae

hi sorry for delay in reply i didnt know i had a comment lol
    erm a courier company on behalf of marlboro trust delivered to me
    they wont give me a email adress to put a formal complaint in.
    i rang the consumer rights they told me its under a contract called distance selling. they are refusing to give me the wardrobe i ordered and they now supposidly arranged to knock 150 off the price wen i asked for it in writing the agent he refused to put it in writing said i didnt trust him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

How did you pay for the wardrobe?
    If it was by credit card, you should instigate a charge back.

its by a weekly payment plan i pay for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 noreenbawnma

hi
    just to let you know that i am with marlboro trust aswell and to be honest i think they are all full of promises to you i have been with them for over 7 years but they are handy coz you can pay weekly but they say there is no intrest charges thats not true coz if you go into shop and see the same item in the catalogue its a lot cheaper in a shop than in their catalogue

a few incidents i referred a friend to their company and was promised a steamer for referring the friend and that was 4 years ago im still waiting

another thing was i bought summer sandals for my daughter they arrived she put them on and 10 minutes later the strap broke so the following week i gave them to rep and it was coming into the autum weather so about 4 weeks passed and no sign off new sandals coming so i said to rep cancel the sandels he said ok then 4 weeks later the same sandals returned and they had been repaired i said to rep i cancelled them he said to me you cant cancel them coz they had been worn i said ok but i put them up for this summer and im wondering how long they will last before they snap again

i also bought a pair of runners off them they had burst at the side 2 weeks later i said nothing

another thing i orderd a cabinet for my hall in october 2011 and its now feb 2012 and im still waiting on delivery they rang me before xmas and tried to give me a different one i said no ill wait for the one i want the rep keeps saying its on its way i also orderd paint 2 weeks ago and i rang to cancel it they said i cant cancel it coz it was orderd especially for me i mentioned about the cabinet to the girl she told me that she would get them to ring me back after lunch im still waiting on that phone call 7 days later

anyway about your wardrobe i think you should fight your case all the way and get them to replace it as they deliverd it damamged dont back down !!!! best of luck with your case ok xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭good logs...

hi could anyone pm me the pone number of these trying to get it online thanks cant seem to find it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

hi
    just to let you know that i am with marlboro trust aswell and to be honest i think they are all full of promises to you i have been with them for over 7 years but they are handy coz you can pay weekly but they say there is no intrest charges thats not true coz if you go into shop and see the same item in the catalogue its a lot cheaper in a shop than in their catalogue

a few incidents i referred a friend to their company and was promised a steamer for referring the friend and that was 4 years ago im still waiting

another thing was i bought summer sandals for my daughter they arrived she put them on and 10 minutes later the strap broke so the following week i gave them to rep and it was coming into the autum weather so about 4 weeks passed and no sign off new sandals coming so i said to rep cancel the sandels he said ok then 4 weeks later the same sandals returned and they had been repaired i said to rep i cancelled them he said to me you cant cancel them coz they had been worn i said ok but i put them up for this summer and im wondering how long they will last before they snap again

i also bought a pair of runners off them they had burst at the side 2 weeks later i said nothing

another thing i orderd a cabinet for my hall in october 2011 and its now feb 2012 and im still waiting on delivery they rang me before xmas and tried to give me a different one i said no ill wait for the one i want the rep keeps saying its on its way i also orderd paint 2 weeks ago and i rang to cancel it they said i cant cancel it coz it was orderd especially for me i mentioned about the cabinet to the girl she told me that she would get them to ring me back after lunch im still waiting on that phone call 7 days later

anyway about your wardrobe i think you should fight your case all the way and get them to replace it as they deliverd it damamged dont back down !!!! best of luck with your case ok xx

You have a litany of complaints yet you continue to use them??

@ AMDUBIHEM ..... AS I SAID THE ONLY REASON I USE THEM IS THEY ARE HANDY FOR ME BECAUSE I CAN PAY SO MUCH WEEKLY AND IF I WAS TO BUY WHAT I WANT IN A SHOP I WOULD BE SAVING MONEY FOR WEEKS TO PURCHASE SAME ITEM I WASNT COMPLAINING I WAS JUST REALLY LETTING kulareggae KNOW WHAT HAPPEND TO ME WITH MARLBORO AND JUST WARNING THEM TO FIGHT HER CASE OK AND AS A MATTER OF FACT THEY DO HAVE STUFF THAT WOULD NOT BE IN SHOPS IN MY LOCAL TOWN AS I DO NOT DRIVE

good logs... I WILL PM YOU THEIR NUMBER TOMORROW AS I AM AWAY FROM HOME TILL THEN OK

• Registered Users Posts: 1 xoxcarolinexox

hi im liveing in ennis could i get marlboro trust here dose any 1 no plz :)

• Advertisement

yh im sure you can as they say they have delivery all over ireland x

just beware of them they did knock 200 off the wardrobe in the end for damage

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭mrjoneill

I understand it’s one of the family of companies of the Ray Murray moneylending family. They have an office/warehouse in the Mayfield Business Park in Mayfield in Cork next to Aldi supermarket. They are major landlord as well but do a large amount of door to door business in selling consumer items and moneylending.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

another thing i orderd a cabinet for my hall in october 2011 and its now feb 2012 and im still waiting on delivery they rang me before xmas and tried to give me a different one i said no ill wait for the one i want the rep keeps saying its on its way

Just going to point out that you could have been putting money aside all this time to buy the cabinet and have gotten it cheaper ad probably sooner than what marlboro are selling it for because at the end of the day the prices in their catalogue include the cost of lending and collecting the money over however many weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dwayne1988

Hey, I have heard good and bad reports about this company but I have decided to give these a go. Could someone be so kind to forward me on a contact number for head office or a rep in the north east area?? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 johncph

hi could anyone help me out im looking for a number for the rep in portloaise co. loais i have tried ringing the head office in cork since about sept for a number and they only take my details and i never hear anything else if anyone could help me out it would be great thank you,

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This thread is not meant to be a means of contacting reps - closing

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement