Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tavern Trail

• 17-08-2011 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi there,

Picking up our van on Saturday then heading off the following week for a 2 week trip around Ireland. I have a few wild camping spots in mind but have also heard there is a very useful book of sites which will allow vans to park up for the night, Tavern Trail. I contacted the club but they will only give it to someone who is a member, not really willing to become a member just for the book. Would anyone have a copy that I could access. Maybe they have scanned it in for someone before? Or if they sent it to me I could copy it and send back. Would be willing to pay a small fee.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dorts

Far better to try safenights,you can join for a tenner,and they have lots of places to stay for a tenner a night,just google safenights.Is this your first motorhome?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭bluethunder

Thank you! I was trying to remember the name of that. Saw it on Done Deal a while back but couldn't find it when I went looking again.

This is not my first camper. I bought a 1986 VW T25 a few years back. It was the worst nightmare ever: engine constantly overheated, pipes burst, was broken into, gear stick broke, clutch slave cylinder gave up. Sold it after 6 months and swore I would never buy another. However, myself and the missus were looking around again and the value is much better now so we took the plunge.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭shaysue

Maybe I'm wrong but I think Tavern trail is in the North mainly. A guy I bought a camper from mentioned it and I got the impression it was an initiative started up there!!!???

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dorts

Bill Lupton has the Tavern Trail.I think you have to be a member of his club to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭bluethunder

I contacted the club but they will only give it to someone who is a member, not really willing to become a member just for the book.
    dorts wrote: »
    Bill Lupton has the Tavern Trail.I think you have to be a member of his club to get it.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭sunchaser

dorts wrote: »
    Far better to try safenights,you can join for a tenner,and they have lots of places to stay for a tenner a night,just google safenights.Is this your first motorhome?

I recently spoke with a fellow camper who had a sticker "SafeNights" on his windscreen, he was a little disappointed with the sites that he used. I suggested to him that he should ask at any pub restaurant if it would be possible to stay if they were to have a meal or a few drinks. The landlady said that there would be no problem staying in the car park. I notice that some of the safenight sites are in fact in pub car parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 twoms

I recently bought a Knaus sport traveller, and have instruction booklet in german, I was wondering does anyone know where I could get an english version.

Advertisement