Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bad Customer Service

• 17-08-2011 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi There,

Currently I am a customer of Airtricity. My name is Mark Stewart.

About a month ago the ESB contacted me (I think her name was Cassa) about changing over to them and I agreed to do it. I asked them to ring me back in half an hour to give me time to get meter readings for them but the Customer Service Agent never bothered.

Then ESB rang me again about 2 weeks later (A guy this time, can't remember his name) and I explained to them what had happened and said that if this was they way they dealt with prospective customers I dreaded what way they would treat me when I was an actual customer. They apologised profusely and said that if I changed over to them I would be treated as a valuable customer.

So once again I asked them if they would ring me back later to give me time to get meter readings for them. (They already had my MPRN, GPRN numbers which I had given to them during the first phone call). The customer service agent said no problem and that they would definitely ring me back.

Guess what....still no call back.

Now in times of recession which we are currently experiencing I would have thought that potential new customers would at the very least be rung back when they were promised, so I would like to an explanation of what is going on here.

Mark.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Mark

Hello markst33,

I'm very sorry to hear that you haven't received the callback, as promised. If you would like to proceed with the switch, I can take your details via PM and proceed, or alternatively, if you would like to PM your contact telephone number and I can call you if you would like to do the switch over the phone.

Thanks,
    Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭markst33

Hi Mark,

I would have to get the meter readings for you again. I can PM them to you. However could you tell me if the ESB have plans to raise the price of Gas and Electricity and if so by how much ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

They've said not yet but they will review and they will raise prices. They've no choice. But by how much??? Only they know :(

http://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/surviving-the-recession/airtricity-hike-will-add-euro280-to-bills-2850014.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Mark

Hi markst33,

If you could PM me the MPRN & GPRN along with the meter readings and the direct debit details, I will complete the switch for you. If you could also forward a contact telephone number and your date of birth that would be great.

We have no immediate plans to revise our prices. However, as evidenced by electricity and gas price increase announcements both here and in Britain (British Gas & Scottish Power) there are upward pressures on price, arising from increases in the cost of fuel over the past 12 months.

We will continue to offer choice and value in the electricity and gas market, and don't forget that if you have signed up to our any of the price plans we announced in April, those discount rates are guaranteed until 31st March 2012. You can view further information here.

If you have any further questions, please ask :)

Thanks,
    Mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Just to clarify the discounted rates are the X% off the ESB rate not a fixed price cut until March 2012. As in if Std esb rates go up so will the discounted rate but it will remain X% cheaper then the ESB std rate until March 2012.

• Advertisement
Advertisement