Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do I do now? will I repeat?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

Ciara, if you were a guy I'd tell you exactly what to do with your balls tbh!

Dan, what she's *trying* to say is that we don't know.

Nobody knows.

You're going to have to wait 'til Monday I'm afraid ... and even then, there's still Round 2 (and possibly subsequent rounds) still to come.

You'll just have to sweat it out like everybody else, but at least Monday should give you a good idea, even if you're not lucky enough to get in in the first round of offers.

Thanks Randy, Ok then lets wait and watch or I will have to repeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

Hi dan786, also, if the final points last year were 205 than that means that everyone who got 205 got into the course. The median means that the average grade of everyone who actually got into the course was 230 (some people got more points than they needed)

With that in mind, you got 25 more points above what was needed last year so you could say you are pretty safe. Unless there is a huge rise in points you should get your course, but as everyone has been saying, you can't know till Monday.

Sorry if I just explained the obvious and you already knew it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

Hi dan786, also, if the final points last year were 205 than that means that everyone who got 205 got into the course. The median means that the average grade of everyone who actually got into the course was 230 (some people got more points than they needed)

With that in mind, you got 25 more points above what was needed last year so you could say you are pretty safe. Unless there is a huge rise in points you should get your course, but as everyone has been saying, you can't know till Monday.

Sorry if I just explained the obvious and you already knew it!

I got told that the final points mean the lowest points score achieved by an applicant who received an offer of a place on the course. The median is the points score of the applicant in the middle of a list of offerees placed
    in points score order.

I got: 230
    Final : 205
    Median: 320

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

You're both saying much the same thing tbh.

Except that there's a slight difference between the median and the mean (average).

A difference which isn't really relevant in this scenario, so meh! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

dan786 wrote: »
    I got told that the final points mean the lowest points score achieved by an applicant who received an offer of a place on the course. The median is the points score of the applicant in the middle of a list of offerees placed
    in points score order.

I got: 230
    Final : 205
    Median: 320

And all of that is exactly right. You don't need to pass any heed on the median score. It's just there to give people an indication of the range of scores people who have taken up an offer of the course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 0987654321

Repeat if need be.
    But do NOT repeat and take it handy, thinking its a walk in the park.
    You must apply yourself to it and committ.
    Best of luck with whatever decision you make!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Threader13

Anybody know what plc courses to apply for in gti to get a place in arts in nuig next year?

Advertisement