Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pes 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Looks good visually as always. About time that AI will make runs. Worrying that goalkeepers still look like they can't save a damn thing! Off the ball and teammate control look interesting, but unlikely that people will give you much time on the ball to be able to use it brilliantly.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

I mean not sure about you guys, but I use my right thump for the right analog, so gonna have to be a quick change back to the buttons... and also trying to control two players at the same time will be a pain... either way Im sticking to FIFA untill this is a 9/10 game again...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

byrneno7 wrote: »

Demo is out next week aswell.;)

hi,

source for this? I'm surprised - 3 weeks before the fifa 12 demo even though pes 2012 doesn't come out till like 3 weeks after fifa 12!!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

One question: did they fix the penalties from 2010? Cos that's the only reason I stopped playing this

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

mystic86 wrote: »
    hi,

source for this? I'm surprised - 3 weeks before the fifa 12 demo even though pes 2012 doesn't come out till like 3 weeks after fifa 12!!

http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/pes2012-gamescom-first-demo-next-week/

One question: did they fix the penalties from 2010? Cos that's the only reason I stopped playing this

Yep finally back to the classic way.

• Advertisement

Jezzz pretty embarrassing when they've a video showing a new penalty system that's actually 20+ years old(which they had always used themselves)

And another vid showing how players make runs now, even though thats another standard feature for years.

PES has been truly left behind....shame really :(

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Jezzz pretty embarrassing when they've a video showing a new penalty system that's actually 20+ years old(which they had always used themselves)

And another vid showing how players make runs now, even though thats another standard feature for years.

PES has been truly left behind....shame really :(

2 areas that it lacked in and has now been addressed... Still that same perfect balance of football, Pro Evo is boss!

And unlike other football games doesnt contain a football loaded with helium... in terms of game physics other games are still 20 years behind

2 areas that it lacked in and has now been addressed... Still that same perfect balance of football, Pro Evo is boss!

And unlike other football games doesnt contain a football loaded with helium... in terms of game physics other games are still 20 years behind

I'll reserve judgement until I play the demo but PES has rarely been about a balance to me. Always a case of get the ball to the star and then run...I really hope the ball doesn't sound like is full of cement this year too.

🤪

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

When is the demo out?

• Advertisement

Pc demo got leaked yesterday. Ps3 and xbox out tomorrow.

PES 2012: Two Demos Announced

KONAMI offers early taste of PES 2012 for fans

Konami DigitalEntertainment GmbH has announced it will release TWO playable demos for its eagerly awaited PES 2012 title. The demos will be available free for PlayStation®3, Xbox 360® and Windows PC, and will give PES fans a chance to experience the game early in its development cycle and prior to release.

The first demo will be released on August 24th and will be based on a preview build of the game. While there will be areas that are refined, KONAMI wants PES users to try out the game’s many new Teammate Control elements prior to launch and experience the realism that Active AI brings to PES 2012, and which have been singled out for extensive praise by the media. The demo will also showcase the individuality of the many teams in the game, and users will be able to pick from six teams and their playing styles – Manchester United, AC Milan, FC Porto, S.S.C Napoli, Santos FC, and C.A. Panarol – and pit them against each other in 10-minute matches. The demo will also showcase key Challenge Training elements, where fans can practice the new control systems to fully enjoy the game.

The first PES 2012 demo will not be truly representative of the final game, so KONAMI will issue a second free demo reflecting the final version’s feel and gameplay in mid-September for the same formats. This will also offer 10-minute matches, but with a different team roster of Tottenham Hotspur, FC Bayern Munich, FC Internazionale Milano, Rangers FC, Club America and Sport Club Internacional.

“We have spoken a lot about the new additions to PES 2012, and now we want users to see it for themselves,” explained Jon Murphy, European PES Team Leader. “By releasing a demo for preview purposes, we want people to get in early to try out the Teammate Control elements and to see for themselves how the Active AI works. This will then be followed by a second demo that offers different teams, and a closer approximation of what the final game will play like. We truly value the support and input of our user base – and these demos are so they can see how their help has aided the most ambitious PES to date.”

Two demo approach is pretty brave! Will be interesting to see how that works and what the gameplay is like...They must be confident which is a good sign!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Chips Ahoy

im very excited by the look of pes 2012, the controlling of two players at once looks great and could gives players that ultimate freedom that pes has being trying to deliver, looks like it could be tricky to master though:D.

Also looks like this game will finally give the advantage to players who try to pass the ball instead of the messi or ronaldo runners you see in pes 2011:mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Great,I'll get this alright.

The xbox demo has been delayed untill september. Luckily for me i have both:D

Its up on PSN now if you use the search function.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,120 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Chips Ahoy wrote: »
    im very excited by the look of pes 2012, the controlling of two players at once looks great and could gives players that ultimate freedom that pes has being trying to deliver, looks like it could be tricky to master though:D.

Also looks like this game will finally give the advantage to players who try to pass the ball instead of the messi or ronaldo runners you see in pes 2011:mad:

Years ago on FIFA you were able to tell other players to run forward for passing so its just another attempt at that

downloading,hopefully it wont take that long -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

Having played FIFA so long I'll need a few more plays to adapt, but first impressions of the early demo is that players actually do make some good runs off the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

bigred100 wrote: »
    Having played FIFA so long I'll need a few more plays to adapt, but first impressions of the early demo is that players actually do make some good runs off the ball.

What teams are can ye play with in the demo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

bigred100 wrote: »

it looks good but the ball feels like its a balloon when u kick it....even when u dont kick it too hard it seems to float off in the air!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

James__10 wrote: »
    What teams are can ye play with in the demo?

Man Utd, Ac Milan is all I've used so far. Haven't even looked at others
    markie29 wrote: »
    it looks good but the ball feels like its a balloon when u kick it....even when u dont kick it too hard it seems to float off in the air!

Yeah, thats true. But this is a fairly early build, be interesting to play the 2nd demo.

Played a few games there and am pretty impressed.The game has more flow to the game then pes2011 and the AI is much much more intellegent.

I also like the camera being further away and the slower pace to the game but that also seemed to be the case in the pes2001 demo and they changed back the camera and pace when the actual pes came out. So heres hoping the dont change it this time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Also impressed with the demo even if it's an early build.

Delighted to see the training challenges back. They can be a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

guys can any of you tell me if the problem where defenders just let the ball roll past them on passes and through balls is still there? was my biggest gripe from PES2011, you would play a pass and it would go right through a defender far too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

It's better, in that it's actually playable. But it just feels so horribly dated now, it's about six years too late imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

i thought the graphics in the sequences before the menu screen were very impressive and like the look of the menus a lot.

i dunno what to make of the gameplay.

can anybody help me out here - i went into the controller options in the menu and all it was showing was the 4 buttons and L3... what about the other buttons, L1 L2 R1 R2 they don't seem to be in there? can someone tell me what each one is? im pretty sure i know but i just want to be sure

mystic86 wrote: »
    i thought the graphics in the sequences before the menu screen were very impressive and like the look of the menus a lot.

i dunno what to make of the gameplay.

can anybody help me out here - i went into the controller options in the menu and all it was showing was the 4 buttons and L3... what about the other buttons, L1 L2 R1 R2 they don't seem to be in there? can someone tell me what each one is? im pretty sure i know but i just want to be sure

there should be an option called command list in the menu, should be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Futbolero

I am confused. I've searched for a combination of PES 2012 and actually typed the whole thing "Pro Evolution Soccer 2012" on PSN and haven't found it yet.

Btw, NA PSN.

Futbolero wrote: »
    I am confused. I've searched for a combination of PES 2012 and actually typed the whole thing "Pro Evolution Soccer 2012" on PSN and haven't found it yet.

Btw, NA PSN.

Ok go into the playstation store and the should be an option on the side bar called latest. Click on that and you should see a grid of boxes. one of them is called "latest ps3 demos" its under the box called special offers.Click on that box a you should see pes2012 demo.

Its there for me anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Futbolero

Chips Ahoy wrote: »
    Ok go into the playstation store and the should be an option on the side bar called latest. Click on that and you should see a grid of boxes. one of them is called "latest ps3 demos" its under the box called special offers.Click on that box a you should see pes2012 demo.

Its there for me anyway

Don't see the sidebar named latest. Maybe I need to look around.

Advertisement