Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pes 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Chips Ahoy

Futbolero wrote: »
    Don't see the sidebar named latest. Maybe I need to look around.

are you sure your in the playstation store?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Futbolero

Chips Ahoy wrote: »
    are you sure your in the playstation store?

Yeah Playstation Store. I only see these tabs on the sidebar; PAX 2011, PSN Play, PS+, New Releases, Games, View All by Title, Demos, Add-ons, Media and Themes.

If I go into New Releases I can see Special Offers, but all I see are some Disgaea deals.

Yeah Playstation Store. I only see these tabs on the sidebar; PAX 2011, PSN Play, PS+, New Releases, Games, View All by Title, Demos, Add-ons, Media and Themes.

If I go into New Releases I can see Special Offers, but all I see are some Disgaea deals.

Have you a North American account? cause the demo isn't out yet for them.

I suggest you make a new uk or Irish account then you will be able to download it.

Chips Ahoy wrote: »
    Have you a North American account? cause the demo isn't out yet for them.

I suggest you make a new uk or Irish account then you will be able to download it.

Yeah that's what I was thinking about. Though I said I was posting from NA.

Yeah that's what I was thinking about. Though I said I was posting from NA.

oh right sorry, i'm a bit slow sometimes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Pleasantly surprised by the demo, first demo since 2008 that I've bothered playing more than one game in it. The power bars everywhere make it seem dated, but I'm sure there's a way to turn them off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

ShaneU wrote: »
    Pleasantly surprised by the demo, first demo since 2008 that I've bothered playing more than one game in it. The power bars everywhere make it seem dated, but I'm sure there's a way to turn them off

kk. Don't post too often in here. But after years of utter disappointment with PES (demos or otherwise) I've finally played a PES game that I actually enjoy. This being Demo 1 (another one is planned before release) and all I have to say I am impressed. Maybe finally PES back on track ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

brianon wrote: »
    kk. Don't post too often in here. But after years of utter disappointment with PES (demos or otherwise) I've finally played a PES game that I actually enjoy. This being Demo 1 (another one is planned before release) and all I have to say I am impressed. Maybe finally PES back on track ?

The last good pes was pes4 IMO

What's so good about PES 2012. I really like PES 2011 and I was leaning towards FIFA 12.

One major gripe i have about pes is the license issue. I hate the way teams don't have real kits and names :o Is there a download you can get for the ps3 that would have the real names and kits?

• Advertisement

James__10 wrote: »
    One major gripe i have about pes is the license issue. I hate the way teams don't have real kits and names :o Is there a download you can get for the ps3 that would have the real names and kits?

Ya there was a few of them around in pes2011, pretty sure they will create it for pes20012 aswell.

Demo is very enjoyable but they need to fix goal keepers, i have scored every free kick near the box by just blasting the ball low and hard at the keeper.

Dribbling needs to be toned down a bit also but this should be fixed by the next demo.

Hope the fix the keepers though its always been a problem in pes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Yeah a load of people create the premier league. They are found on pesgaming.com.

www.pesgaming.com/index.php

The only problem is having to transfer every file individually. Some option files could have over 900 files.

I recommend the one below. They make the EPL, Championship, La Liga, and stadiums.

www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=79937

Yeah a load of people create the premier league. They are found on pesgaming.com.

www.pesgaming.com/index.php

The only problem is having to transfer every file individually. Some option files could have over 900 files.

I recommend the one below. They make the EPL, Championship, La Liga, and stadiums.

www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=79937

Is there on of those websites for fifa? like for the latest kits transfers etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

I know its demo 1 of PES 2012 but am I the only person who found it to be quite rubbish. Gameplay just doesnt feel like it flows properly. Very stop start with the amount of replays it shows aswell. Still dont understand why Konami are releasing 2 demos for the game. I'll try demo 2 and hope that it is a hell of a lot better. But so far it looks like Pro Evo wont be converting me back!!!

Is there on of those websites for fifa? like for the latest kits transfers etc?

Possibly for transfers, but I don't know how Fifa's transfer data is saved on a PS3.

There's definitely nothing for jerseys as they are all licensed.

eioneill wrote: »
    I know its demo 1 of PES 2012 but am I the only person who found it to be quite rubbish. Gameplay just doesnt feel like it flows properly. Very stop start with the amount of replays it shows aswell. Still dont understand why Konami are releasing 2 demos for the game. I'll try demo 2 and hope that it is a hell of a lot better. But so far it looks like Pro Evo wont be converting me back!!!

The first demo was released just to show the new off-the-ball controls, a new camera (pitchside), penalties and training challenges.

The second demo should reflect a near 100% build.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I wasn't particularly impressed with the PES12 demo. Played it on the PS3 (usually play on the Xbox), but I thought the graphics were a major step backwards. Players really do look blurry.

The shooting seems completely random, with FIFA (from 08 to 11), you feel like you can influence where a shot goes, but with PES12, I don't feel like I have much control.

The A.I is pretty ropey too. I was playing against A.C Milan (who are A's in all categories??), and one of their defenders scored a diving own goal header from about 12 yards out which just looked absolutely mental.

Played against Napoli, and I scored a header from a corner from the far post, while the keeper was still looking in the wrong direction (from where the corner had came), and dived backwards into the goal when the ball hit the net.

Hopefully demo 2 will be a step up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I like it. Definitely not perfect. I played a lot of 2011. Don't think the ball is like a balloon, shots all stay down for me. They curl a lot more than before, maybe a bit too much.
    The game is much faster than the last one and the ai is much better. I played on professional and struggled to get a win (top player is the highest level). This game is far harder than the last one, and you have to play a lot of short quick one touch passes when you're deep in opponent territory.
    Not a big fan of the dribbling, seems a bit strange and uncoordinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I enjoyed it anyway, its promising IMO as its still some way from been released and that we will get a an overall better package.

Bring it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

The more I play it the less I like it! Hope the next one is better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Just a quick pause for thought.... Will Shamrock Rovers be officially licenced in PES 2012 as they are one of the teams competing in the Europa League proper? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Just a quick pause for thought.... Will Shamrock Rovers be officially licenced in PES 2012 as they are one of the teams competing in the Europa League proper? :)

As far as I know they won't be licensed in it, it's just the competition that's officially licensed, not all the participating teams.
    La Liga will be fully licensed for PES 2012.

As expected, Ligue 1 and The Eredivisie will be fully licensed too. Adam Bhatti also told me that the Serie A will remain, and be the same as PES 2011.

Judging from the latest code, it seems that Bayern Munich will be the only licensed German team.

We are pleased to reveal that there will be NEW licensed teams, that will appear in the Other Leagues section of PES 2012.

Konami have made the choice, and have decided to implement the following eight teams into PES 2012:

Genk (Belgium)
    Standard Liège (Belgium)
    Bayer Leverkusen (Germany)
    Wisła Kraków (Poland)
    Oţelul Galaţi (Romania)
    CSKA Moscow (Russia)
    FC Zürich (Switzerland)
    Trabzonspor (Turkey)

But with new licensed teams coming in, we will also see teams leaving the PES series.

Here are the eight teams that will not be in PES 2012.

Club Brugge (Belgium)
    Werder Bremen (Germany)
    Dinamo Bucureşti (Romania)
    CFR Cluj (Romania)
    Unirea Urziceni (Romania)
    Spartak Moscow (Russia)
    FK Crvena Zvezda (Serbia)
    SK Slavia Praha (Czech Republic)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

First night impressions of the demo; can't stop playing it. This doesn't necessarily imply that I think it is amazing and therefore can't stop playing but the more I play it the more I'm getting into it and discovering more and more about it.

Have to say that it is a step up from this year's PES. It doesn't feel like you are making a pass or defending against one and the game has defined how that pass will play out without your influence, i.e. it feels more random like real football.

Players are handling a lot better, dribbling far more realistically namely that it isn't a sure thing that you will be tackled if you run straight at a defender. Deflections cause chaos, as they should. The ball has a lovely floating flight from crosses that should be floated in not hammered in. Shots bend according to how they are hit. Difficult to get the hang of shooting but that just means practice. Scored a couple crackers already.

Perhaps it is because I do assisted passing but any X button pass will always be perfectly made to the feet of your player like the ball is copper attracted to a magnet. It's difficult to X button pass your way into the clear though so will need to play a through ball which isn't as reliable, and that is a good thing.

All in all I am thoroughly enjoying the demo, and am seriously considering buying it this year, having emigrated to FIFA since 2009. It all comes down to online play for me, or else if FIFA 12 is just a remarkably different game to what it has been, once you have 09 you basically have the last 3 of them and feel a bit of a mug for buying each of the last few FIFA games. The PES demo is a great big leap in the right direction, and has a feeling similar to the excitement created by PES 4 that they are onto something big here which is only going to get better. Everyone needs to download this demo and give it a good go.

EDIT: By now I am frustrated with it. Sluggish, as usual, shooting animations are ridiculous. The whole 'player runs' aspect is non-existent. It's something that has its place in Leisureplex for 50c a play.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

EDIT: By now I am frustrated with it. Sluggish, as usual, shooting animations are ridiculous. The whole 'player runs' aspect is non-existent. It's something that has its place in Leisureplex for 50c a play.

Haha.

I think it's fairly poor really. Still have PES1 and PES4 for PS2 and might take them out rather than playing the new demo.

Looking forward to FIFA demo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 DDDDDeannnnn

Disgusted they changed the penalty system,that won me at least 20 matches online with people not being able to take them,and it was a lot better than the aim and shoot of previous games..

The details for the second demo have been released:
    The following teams will be available to play:

Tottenham Hotspur, Bayern Munich, Inter Milan, Club America, Internacional

Please experiment with Pass Support and other settings in Personal Data to tailor the game to your style of play. Also, please note that you will be able to skip the Demo Intro after it has been played once. Furthermore, we also have improvement elements on the gameplay. According to your feedback on the first demo, we have worked on the following:

Improved Goal Keepers
    According to your feedback on the first Demo, we improved the Goal Keepers

Improved Defensive AI
    Defensive AI has been tweaked to work more efficiently on the field

Improved difficulty to score a goal
    You definitely have to build up, plan and organize your attack well in order to score in this demo
    For all of you who can’t wait, don’t forget that the 1st Demo is already out on PSN and PC in Europe, so get your hands on this first to give it a try!

The 2nd Demo is coming to PSN and Xbox Live in Europe on Sept 14th! Stay tuned!

PES_2012_Screenshot_E3-551x309.jpg
    http://www.konami-pes2012.com/2011/09/pes-2012-all-details-on-the-2nd-demo/

Only in Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

The details for the second demo have been released:

http://www.konami-pes2012.com/2011/09/pes-2012-all-details-on-the-2nd-demo/

the headline stats the 15th, text states 14th :confused:

is the first demo out for the xbox yet? i've yet to see it on xbl

theteal wrote: »
    the headline stats the 15th, text states 14th :confused:

is the first demo out for the xbox yet? i've yet to see it on xbl

It'll be the 14th on ps3 anyway because new stuff are released on Wednesday. I don't know xbox downloads.

The 1st demo was never released on xbox for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

Advertisement