Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pes 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Futbolero

NUTZZ wrote: »
    As far as I know they won't be licensed in it, it's just the competition that's officially licensed, not all the participating teams.

How can they get rid of Werder Bremen when it is part of the Bundesliga. :confused:

Unless I am completely clueless about the default version as the moment I got the game, I got a custom option file with the Bundesliga on it.

As far as the new demo of PES 2012, I like it.

It sports (no pun intended) new animations (as shown on dribbling, and tackles as well as getting tackled). The new dribbling makes passing and shooting better, seeing as you can't make those waist bending shots from one side to the other in less than a second.

I like the new chantics. Graphics didn't seem that blurry to me, but they were definitely not up to part with FIFA 12.

The graphics engine seem to use a much more opaque color palette.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

I think the graphics of pes 2012 are a lot more realistic than fifa. Fifa's seem to bright and plasticy where as pes features more dynamics.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 RYZE

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Rather than make a new thread i'll just post here
    Cheapest pro evo I've seen is here on the hut for 44 euro

http://www.thehut.com/elysium.search?search=pro+evolution+2012

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

I havent't bought pes in years, used to LOVE it.

two main gripes, can any pes fan please tell me if these can be changed in the options in-game anywhere:

1) The amount of fouls in the game is head-wrecking - can the strictness be lowered significantly?

2) Can all the replays and stuff be turned off in-game so that I don't have to watch a million things inbetween each passage of play and spam the start button in frustration.. all i want is to turn everything off and just have a replay theatre available when I press start...possible??

Thanks

• Advertisement

bone-idle.ie gave fifa 12 an 8/10 and pr evo 12 a 9/10...

interesting

anybody got any answers for me for the post above? ^^

mystic86 wrote: »
    I havent't bought pes in years, used to LOVE it.

two main gripes, can any pes fan please tell me if these can be changed in the options in-game anywhere:

1) The amount of fouls in the game is head-wrecking - can the strictness be lowered significantly?

2) Can all the replays and stuff be turned off in-game so that I don't have to watch a million things inbetween each passage of play and spam the start button in frustration.. all i want is to turn everything off and just have a replay theatre available when I press start...possible??

Thanks

1) Can't answer this one as last year was the first time I didn't buy it but the strictness was quiet high in both demos

2)No idea but they did tone back the amount of replays in the 2nd demo

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    1) Can't answer this one as last year was the first time I didn't buy it buy the strictness was quiet in both demos

2)No idea but they tone back the amount of replays in the 2nd demo

thanks for the reply.

I have the second demo, the replays were wrecking my head.

by quiet in both demo's did you mean it was strict or the opposite?

Sry those sentences weren't well written but ya what I meant to say was the ref was quiet strict in the games I played

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Very quiet re PES release in here!
    I wonder if anywhere will have it on the shelves this evening?
    After finding FIFA2012 disappointing, I'm looking forward to this years PES.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

I really enjoyed the 2nd demo so cant wait to get this tomorrow.
    Anyone know what price hmv and gamestop are selling it for.

byrneno7 wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the 2nd demo so cant wait to get this tomorrow.
    Anyone know what price hmv and gamestop are selling it for.

44 in gamestop according to the website

http://www.gamestop.ie/core/common/default.aspx?quickSearch=Pro%20Evolution%20Soccer%202012

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Was planning on giving FIFA a go this year after being disappointed last year with PES but after playing the two demos I am really leaning towards Pro Evo. Think I might pick it up at the weekend.

Any word on what price Tescos are going to be selling it at as I think the last couple of years they've had it the cheapest.

Anyone seen it for sale anywhere today?
    Can't wait to give it a shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

:(

In parts its brilliant in other parts it horribly frustrating, 2 big gripes tho.

You can win a tackle in midfield and the loose ball trickles past your player who needs 50 squared metres to turn and intercept it. Mostly happens when you win the ball from soft tackles. In BAL its extremely frustrating as you dont control the other player, makes tackling pointless.

2nd is the gliding, you do it and so does the AI. You sometimes just glide over 3 yards without your feet moving. If someone figures out how to do this in 1v1 it will ruin the game. Noone can touch you whilst you glide.

Played 20 odd BAL games, really like the new pass shoot control, much more control over the ball. But the 2 gripes happen in every game making it very frustrating when you win a ball, or concede a goal due to either. It should have been spotted in testing.

ML is very good a lot more thought gone into it but less into BAL which is pretty much the same albeit few new screens in it. Otherwise when the game plays and works as its supposed to its very enjoyable, off the ball movement works quite well, but you need 12 fingers to make the 2nd player run where you want to and then pass to him.

Have yet to play MP.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cybersausage

dreamers75 wrote: »
    :(

In parts its brilliant in other parts it horribly frustrating, 2 big gripes tho.

You can win a tackle in midfield and the loose ball trickles past your player who needs 50 squared metres to turn and intercept it. Mostly happens when you win the ball from soft tackles. In BAL its extremely frustrating as you dont control the other player, makes tackling pointless.

2nd is the gliding, you do it and so does the AI. You sometimes just glide over 3 yards without your feet moving. If someone figures out how to do this in 1v1 it will ruin the game. Noone can touch you whilst you glide.

Played 20 odd BAL games, really like the new pass shoot control, much more control over the ball. But the 2 gripes happen in every game making it very frustrating when you win a ball, or concede a goal due to either. It should have been spotted in testing.

ML is very good a lot more thought gone into it but less into BAL which is pretty much the same albeit few new screens in it. Otherwise when the game plays and works as its supposed to its very enjoyable, off the ball movement works quite well, but you need 12 fingers to make the 2nd player run where you want to and then pass to him.

Have yet to play MP.

where did you get the game if you dont mind me asking? i need to play it!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cybersausage

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Anyone seen it for sale anywhere today?
    Can't wait to give it a shot!
    no whiskey been everywhere!

where did you get the game if you dont mind me asking? i need to play it!

I'm guessing if pre-ordered online, some people will have got them today.
    Ah well, guess I'll have to wait til tomorrow.
    I hope my TV can cope with that XBOX sprint bug that seems to be causing problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭TheRoomWrecker

Will any of the 24hr tesco's have it on their shelf's come 12.00am?

Will any of the 24hr tesco's have it on their shelf's come 12.00am?

Last year in Galway I went in at 9:30 in the morning and they hadn't it even up then. Had to ask them to get it from the store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

Picked it up today and I am really enjoying it. Havent really enjoyed this generations offerings of fottie titles but I can see longevity here. Only problem is my version is in german and Im not 100% sure about some of the little things in the game yet :p . I might add I have not noticed any of the problems that where mentioned a few posts above yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

No 1 in Japan sales charts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

So where's the cheapest place to buy this then?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

I heard its 40 in tesco but havnt checked yet.

If anyone gets it in Tesco can they post the price here. It'll be evening time before I get a chance to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,094 ✭✭✭mada999

aye looking forward to getting it tonight also....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

s_carnage wrote: »
    If anyone gets it in Tesco can they post the price here. It'll be evening time before I get a chance to get it.

€39.95 in tesco, that was ps3, I presume 360 is the same. Bought in Dun Laoghaire btw

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Mark26

Julez wrote: »
    s_carnage wrote: »

€39.95 in tesco, that was ps3, I presume 360 is the same. Bought in Dun Laoghaire btw[/Quote

Was this the bloomefields Tesco in dun laoghaire?? I was hoping to pick up a copy their tonight as xtravision shankill didn't get any in !! Do u reckon they wud be sold out by this evening. Was there much copies on the shelf ?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Anyone buy it in Game? If so, how much? Dawson street is handiest for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,094 ✭✭✭mada999

€41.90 in HMV Dundalk i think

Advertisement