Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pes 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭briany

Derek! wrote: »
    Anyone got any advice for the managin mode in football life?
    The team is awful that you start with :p

I won't hear a bad word said against Lothar, Ximelez, Ettori, Stein and the one and only, the legend - Gutierrez.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

briany wrote: »
    I won't hear a bad word said against Lothar, Ximelez, Ettori, Stein and the one and only, the legend - Gutierrez.

I miss castolo

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I miss castolo

Is he gone? Well he is cracking on a bit.

Is he gone? Well he is cracking on a bit.

Ya he's gone but not forgotten

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Ordaz was my Messi back in 2008. RIP Castolo. Gone but not forgotten.

Hmmm, tell me more about this passing type shenanigan thing? Been on evo web and noticed a lot of people were having issues with the speed of manual passing; saying it's too slow in most cases?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

As someone who has bought pes games year in year out with a couple of exception at most for the last 8 years I must say Konami have truley ballsed this up to the extent it is the worst offernig I have ever played and that includes 2008.
    It is absolutely painfully awful.
    I get that skill is required but the positioning of players, the ability, regardless of how you set up the defence, high line, deep line, three at teh back, offside, pressing, not pressing, the AI can pick out a through ball just by turning toward their own goal and then hitting a through ball through to someone like andy carroll or alan smith who will absolutely skin whatever defender can possibly get near him.

I used to love ML but it is ruined, you can have 80% possession and 10 shots on goal and yep, through ball again, 0-1. 0-2.

Oh look here's Guthrie or Cathermole with a 35 yard volley top corner first chance of game. EVERY game.

Fifa from now on or nothing, and I hate fifa.

Leftist wrote: »
    As someone who has bought pes games year in year out with a couple of exception at most for the last 8 years I must say Konami have truley ballsed this up to the extent it is the worst offernig I have ever played and that includes 2008.
    It is absolutely painfully awful.
    I get that skill is required but the positioning of players, the ability, regardless of how you set up the defence, high line, deep line, three at teh back, offside, pressing, not pressing, the AI can pick out a through ball just by turning toward their own goal and then hitting a through ball through to someone like andy carroll or alan smith who will absolutely skin whatever defender can possibly get near him.

I used to love ML but it is ruined, you can have 80% possession and 10 shots on goal and yep, through ball again, 0-1. 0-2.

Oh look here's Guthrie or Cathermole with a 35 yard volley top corner first chance of game. EVERY game.

Fifa from now on or nothing, and I hate fifa.

What about PES 6 with option file? I hear you on most of what you're saying. Since 2008, the game has just never been the same. Why is it that they could create such a great franchise in the first place only now they have little ability to fix small but highly annoying gameplay issues from year to year? Why does their game tactics interface become more clunky and less intuitive from year to year? Why can't Jon Champion and Jim Beglin record some new phrases? Why do the cpu players have an 80-90 percent success rate on free kicks in and around the box?

The problem with soccer games now is that the two franchises are starting to look so much like each other. One franchise will copy the other if it does something successful or appealing. In the end, they will be virtually indistinguishable at the core of it. We'll feel like American floating voters being asked to choose between Republican or Democrat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Ya he's gone but not forgotten

Minanda is gone as well. Top class midfielder. :(

I miss castolo

Is Burchett still in it? Pronounced Birdshi* by the commentator in the old games :D

What about PES 6 with option file? I hear you on most of what you're saying. Since 2008, the game has just never been the same. Why is it that they could create such a great franchise in the first place only now they have little ability to fix small but highly annoying gameplay issues from year to year? Why does their game tactics interface become more clunky and less intuitive from year to year? Why can't Jon Champion and Jim Beglin record some new phrases? Why do the cpu players have an 80-90 percent success rate on free kicks in and around the box?

The problem with soccer games now is that the two franchises are starting to look so much like each other. One franchise will copy the other if it does something successful or appealing. In the end, they will be virtually indistinguishable at the core of it. We'll feel like American floating voters being asked to choose between Republican or Democrat.

But this years one has taken a massive dive imo.

Really disappointed actually, but it's just so ridiculously bad in terms of programming that I can't enjoy it.

They really screwed it up with this new defending thing. I mean really.

I used to love playing as poor clubs, West brom etc or Empoli and then worknig your way up, if you can retain the ball you have a chance but now, retain all you want, once the AI gets it back your centre halves are miles apart none of your own players are anywhere near the oppo and they will break in and score.

Also pressing sprint for a defender and he strolls in a some weird semi -strafe while the AI clobber bursts through on goal and buries it bottom corner as if he was romario on a good day.

• Advertisement

Is Burchett still in it? Pronounced Birdshi* by the commentator in the old games :D

He's still there as a winger, but he's getting old now.

And he's still pronounced the same. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

Does anyone have an option file they could email me? Tried early on to download one with no success. Plus how do I get it working as in import it

But this years one has taken a massive dive imo.

Really disappointed actually, but it's just so ridiculously bad in terms of programming that I can't enjoy it.

They really screwed it up with this new defending thing. I mean really.

I used to love playing as poor clubs, West brom etc or Empoli and then worknig your way up, if you can retain the ball you have a chance but now, retain all you want, once the AI gets it back your centre halves are miles apart none of your own players are anywhere near the oppo and they will break in and score.

Also pressing sprint for a defender and he strolls in a some weird semi -strafe while the AI clobber bursts through on goal and buries it bottom corner as if he was romario on a good day.

No way is it worse than 2010 which was shocking and totally broken. After we had seen 2009, we thought it would improve but it did not. Quite the contrary in fact. It's not that 2011 is so bad but just that the series remains in this static mediocrity - relative mediocrity, rather - that makes it so frustrating.

I thought that the player speed issue is better this time around. It's not what it could be but who was really expecting for Konami to reinvent the wheel? If I was a cynical person I would suppose that Konami peddle a pretty shoddy product from year to year knowingly so that gamers will buy it in the hope that it all will be fixed and restored to it's former glory....

ssshhh123 wrote: »
    Does anyone have an option file they could email me? Tried early on to download one with no success. Plus how do I get it working as in import it

For what system?

Turns out the likes of Castolo, Minanda etc. are in the game. :D

You can hire them as managers in 'Club Boss' mode. Zamenhof is the default manager for me. I went QPR.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Would tend to agree with Leftist in his criticism of the defending in this game. Its very diffiicult, very scattered or random or something, especially against the AI. I much prefer to play against humans tho, so I'm hoping this wont be as much of an issue in that regard.
    Overall tho I think the game is a big improvement on the last few "efforts". I was so p*ssed off with the last few games that I was defo gonna change to FIFA this year, but I played both demos and they seemed much of a muchness to me so I decided to stick with what I know in Pro Evo. Glad I did now as I'm loving the game. Played a few "quick match" games online last night and there was no lag at all! Happy days

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

I downloaded the demo and turned it off after a few minutes. I haven't played a Pro evo since 2010 which put me off it completely. I've been saying fro years that they should just go back to Pro Evo 5 and improve the graphics (and of course update the teams). Then we'd have the best football game ever :D

I downloaded the demo and turned it off after a few minutes. I haven't played a Pro evo since 2010 which put me off it completely. I've been saying fro years that they should just go back to Pro Evo 5 and improve the graphics (and of course update the teams). Then we'd have the best football game ever :D

That's not a bad idea. Some gamers actually never bothered to move past PES 6, particularly Xbox users who already had the next gen graphics by that time. When seasons change, they just download the relevant data to stay current. You may be one of those people but for the rest of us, particularly PC gamers, we're stuck in a bit of a limbo as by the time the next gen graphics got around to us, the series had hit '08 and declined ever since. Sometims I wonder if I'd have more joy going back to Fifa '94 or ISS '98?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

I like it.

The only problem I have with is changing of the stats.

Agility is now "Explosive Power". How does explosive power have anything to do with a agility & a players mobility?

And also they have DA up near the top & DS near the bottom. WTF?
    Why cant they just keep all the similar stats together?

I have had to switch the difficulty down to regular this year.

It's the first PES in years where I'm unable to cope with the top difficulty. I can't even play it on professional. And don't even start about the unlockable superstar difficulty.

My brother got relegated with Chelsea in the first season on top player. He's top now in the Championship. At least he seems to be getting better. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Does anyone know if PES 12 is included in the trade in 3 games deal in gamestop? Want to pick it up tomorrow.

For what system?

Ps3 or is there a memory stick I could buy?

Was it this site you tried downloading from?
    http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=86305
    I did there,filesize is about 35mb zipped,worked fine for me,think you have to register on the site first though

Was it this site you tried downloading from?
    http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=86305
    I did there,filesize is about 35mb zipped,worked fine for me,think you have to register on the site first though

Yeah that was the site I'm no use with computers tho. Had a relative try it downloaded to my memory stick but file would not open.
    Also when I inserted ms I could not find it on the ps3 any help!

Ya you have to go through this process when you download it

1. Download Option File
    2. Unzip it (using eg WinRAR)
    3. Insert USB into PC
    4. Make a new folder on your USB called PS3, then inside that create another folder called SAVEDATA
    5. Put the OF into the SAVEDATA folder, so you will have PS3>SAVEDATA>(files/folders of OF)
    6. Plug USB into PS3
    7. Go to Game -> Saved Data Utility
    8. Find your USB
    9. All the kits etc should show as single files, along with an Edit Data file, and a System Data file
    10. Start at the first kit, press Triangle and a Copy option will appear
    11. Copy onto your PS3
    12. Repeat for all kits (and put the kettle on)
    13. Also copy the Edit Data from the OF, but NOT the System Data
    14. Fire up PES 2012 and ENJOY!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭McCruiskeen

Ya you have to go through this process when you download it

1. Download Option File
    2. Unzip it (using eg WinRAR)
    3. Insert USB into PC
    4. Make a new folder on your USB called PS3, then inside that create another folder called SAVEDATA
    5. Put the OF into the SAVEDATA folder, so you will have PS3>SAVEDATA>(files/folders of OF)
    6. Plug USB into PS3
    7. Go to Game -> Saved Data Utility
    8. Find your USB
    9. All the kits etc should show as single files, along with an Edit Data file, and a System Data file
    10. Start at the first kit, press Triangle and a Copy option will appear
    11. Copy onto your PS3
    12. Repeat for all kits (and put the kettle on)
    13. Also copy the Edit Data from the OF, but NOT the System Data
    14. Fire up PES 2012 and ENJOY!

This is so helpful. Thanks a mil!

Can't believe I haven't broken this yet. Still pluggin away at it, RT/R2 seems to be vital, x/a is just going to drag the last person you want toward the ball and one two uniflu they've ripped you open again, with two touches, one of them in their own half.

I had to set the defence to the deepest level yet time and time again the back line ends up on the half way line, ding dong, one pass and someone like darron Gibson can outrun whatever defender regardless of pace as long as he gets half a yard head start.

Forget about hoping the AI will miss but because it's programmed to do everything right.

Such a badly programmed/designed game. I hate konami.

Yet I will play this again tonight :(

Yet I will play this again tonight :(

And many feel like they are in the same boat, disappointed yet again by PES and not particularly liking what Fifa has to offer. The time is right for another developer to challenge the status quo. Licensing may be an issue but with the aesthetics not being paramount, gameplay could be pushed to the fore and hopefully allow the game to garner support from the gaming community. Combine this support with a robust editing engine and it could be very good indeed. Something like this is needed right now because Konami and EA are becoming very complacent.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

Might seem ridiculous but a question regarding the youth team in ML offline...my (Level 1 :p) coach informed me at the start of season one that my youth roster would be updated in January...I had room for 6 players as I promoted 6 at the start of the season....I'm at the start of my second season yet no sign of new youths? Quite pi**ed off as I invested in my youth team so I feel it's a million quid wasted! :( Please help!!

• Advertisement

It is only today I have realised how horrible football games are now, from both Konami and EA.

For nostalgia, I started playing ISS Pro for the Playstation, and it's the most fun I've had in ages on one player. I did a Master League season, signing a few players, and will keep at it for a while.

I just don't get that fun anymore from the recent games. Except if you're playing with friends (Playing online doesn't do that for me unfortunately).

I think I'm going to turn to manager games from now on. Strangely enough, heading towards realism and simulation has taken the fun aspect out. Maybe a stupid statement to most people, but sometimes you need something that you can pick up and play, and not have to worry about graphics or integrate details, or how fluently the players move.

Advertisement