Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pes 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

God, I can't play this game anymore.
    I've played a full season with BAL and did alright, but never really enjoyed it.
    Far too many things wrong and no sense of achievement.
    Back to a fully patched PES06 I go.
    The next gen footie games have just failed so miserably to capture the basic essense that previous games did.
    rant over!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Was just wondering does anybody know how I can save tactics/formation for a specific team to use online? To save me time adjusting my formation etc. every time I go to the game plan before a match?

Also how do I stop it from asking me if I want Manual setting and one touch settings every time I go into game plan?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Beekay wrote: »
    Was just wondering does anybody know how I can save tactics/formation for a specific team to use online? To save me time adjusting my formation etc. every time I go to the game plan before a match?

Also how do I stop it from asking me if I want Manual setting and one touch settings every time I go into game plan?

If you go right on the bottom icons on the game plan screen to data management,you save/load your formations from there.
    Haven't looked into the one touch settings part,tis kinda annoying alrite

• Registered Users Posts: 7,083 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Many people playing master league?

I'm in my third season now got promoted last season and after getting hockied in the first ~ 10 games I went on a bit of a run and am now sitting mid table, i think europe is out of reach but ifi go on a good run i wouldnt be far from it.

I'm finding it very hard to sign players, literally signed no players in the january window, despite trying since the close of the summer window, really frustrating!

International players are a major hinderance, might not be fully fit for 2-3 games after an international.

Some of the fixture pileup is just stupid, had a game on the wednesday, international duty on the Thursday or Friday and game on saturday :confused: (both league games too)

Riberio was my star man in the lower league, got top scorer both seasons despite me doing terrible in the first year. Desperately need a new star man though!

JamieK wrote: »
    Might seem ridiculous but a question regarding the youth team in ML offline...my (Level 1 :p) coach informed me at the start of season one that my youth roster would be updated in January...I had room for 6 players as I promoted 6 at the start of the season....I'm at the start of my second season yet no sign of new youths? Quite pi**ed off as I invested in my youth team so I feel it's a million quid wasted! :( Please help!!

Youth team roster gets updated every January after the first season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

Starting to like this more now. The defending takes a lot of practise. CAn play master league without restarting half the games. Have a neat set up with villa,Ganso is excellent in it and I would shift Ternalboa if he existed in real life. He looks like he'd shift anyone.

There is still a lot of faults, the physics are awful, especially for shooting. I just really want to play master league. I get off on it. I won the league etc. Hey don't know if you know this but I won the european cup two years on the trot with West Brom etc. It's a source of self esteem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Har0ld x9

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Ya you have to go through this process when you download it

1. Download Option File
    2. Unzip it (using eg WinRAR)
    3. Insert USB into PC
    4. Make a new folder on your USB called PS3, then inside that create another folder called SAVEDATA
    5. Put the OF into the SAVEDATA folder, so you will have PS3>SAVEDATA>(files/folders of OF)
    6. Plug USB into PS3
    7. Go to Game -> Saved Data Utility
    8. Find your USB
    9. All the kits etc should show as single files, along with an Edit Data file, and a System Data file
    10. Start at the first kit, press Triangle and a Copy option will appear
    11. Copy onto your PS3
    12. Repeat for all kits (and put the kettle on)
    13. Also copy the Edit Data from the OF, but NOT the System Data
    14. Fire up PES 2012 and ENJOY!

I followed the instructions & copied every file down (not the system data) but they still dont load for me.. any idea if I missed something??? a bit lost, done it before with PES 2010 and worked the next time I put in the disc so dont know what I missed this time around..

Har0ld x9 wrote: »
    I followed the instructions & copied every file down (not the system data) but they still dont load for me.. any idea if I missed something??? a bit lost, done it before with PES 2010 and worked the next time I put in the disc so dont know what I missed this time around..

I'm not sure,you try posting on this thread where the option file originated.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,352 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Har0ld x9 wrote: »

You did download the Konami update first and not after, right?

Going through the painful process of copying files now.

Anyone know what symobl the System Data file uses? I am just copying like a zomb ie here and am afraid I will copy it by mistake.

I am past the jersies and onto the stadiums now.

noodler wrote: »
    You did download the Konami update first and not after, right?

Going through the painful process of copying files now.

Anyone know what symobl the System Data file uses? I am just copying like a zomb ie here and am afraid I will copy it by mistake.

I am past the jersies and onto the stadiums now.

Its like the last or 2nd last one on the list,you can view a description of the file before you copy it anyhow

Its like the last or 2nd last one on the list,you can view a description of the file before you copy it anyhow

Hmm....there only seems to be an Edit data file....and obviously I need that.

Very strange

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm trying to copy the files from my USB key onto the PS3. Each file is getting to 97% and then stopping. I have to shut down the PS3 to get it to respond again. This is happening for every file.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I'm trying to copy the files from my USB key onto the PS3. Each file is getting to 97% and then stopping. I have to shut down the PS3 to get it to respond again. This is happening for every file.

Any ideas?

This happens when all the files haven't loaded from the USB. Give it about 5 - 10 minutes at least after clicking on the USB to allow the files to load up.

Beekay wrote: »
    This happens when all the files haven't loaded from the USB. Give it about 5 - 10 minutes at least after clicking on the USB to allow the files to load up.

That worked. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Right, anyone who added me as a friend (Meath77) might as well delete me, cos I won't be playing this! Trading it in tomorrow. I played every ISS and Pro Evo since about 1999, but this game is woeful!
    Passing is terrible, dribbling is terrible, defending is terrible and shooting is terrible! I liked last years game so I'm going to keep that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I've a few gripes with this game

1. Passing - the player I'm passing to steps over the ball rather than taking it on and it goes to the opposition

2. Through balls - players still wait and wait and wait for the ball to reach them, staying on their predetermined path rather than bending a run to go and meet the ball. Defenders usually step in and take possession

3. Shooting - nigh on impossible to score screamers anymore. Shooting just feels weird. Shots with high power bar outside the box are the weakest shots of all time, barely reaching the keeper. Find myself having to be inside the box to score properly.

4. Keepers - Captain panhands reporting for duty for the umpteenth time. Dunno if it happens with ye but, if you swing in a cross for a header at the near post, almost before the player heads the ball on goal, the keeper is already on the ground having attempted a save before the shot and the ball rolls in.

Still like the game but prefer last years :/

aaronh007 wrote: »

1. Passing - the player I'm passing to steps over the ball rather than taking it on and it goes to the opposition

2. Through balls - players still wait and wait and wait for the ball to reach them, staying on their predetermined path rather than bending a run to go and meet the ball. Defenders usually step in and take possession

3. Shooting - nigh on impossible to score screamers anymore. Shooting just feels weird. Shots with high power bar outside the box are the weakest shots of all time, barely reaching the keeper. Find myself having to be inside the box to score properly.

4. Keepers - Captain panhands reporting for duty for the umpteenth time. Dunno if it happens with ye but, if you swing in a cross for a header at the near post, almost before the player heads the ball on goal, the keeper is already on the ground having attempted a save before the shot and the ball rolls in.

On those two especially hitting a pass to player with full power and he justs waits for it to come to him,annoying and the long range shooting used to be one of my favourite parts of the game but there really poor this time around.Seems to take alotta time to get it outta their feet and get the shot off too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

aaronh007 wrote: »

This is one of the top things that put me off the game. The player running too far ahead of the ball and taking about 10 minutes to turn around because it looks like they're slipping.
    Use 'Super Cancel' by holding R1 and R2 together (I don't know the xbox equivalent). This will allow you to control the player wherever you want. Instead of waiting to trap the ball, you can run right to it. I've been using it since PES 5 or so, and still catches people out online.
    I've found it depends on the position of the player to the ball. Shooting when the ball is furthest away from the players dribbling ability will give better shots. But Konami have definitely cut back on the number of 'screamers' you can score in the game.
    Can't say anything good about keepers. Playing ML on Top Player, and Coloccini takes the worst shot ever from 30 yards. Thinking it was an easy save for Szczesy, he decides to dive the wrong way. I'll be sure to put it on Youtube and show it soon.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    I don't like the passing in this Pro Evo. It never goes to the right player! I have the automatic thingie turned off, that makes it better, but still weird.
    This pro eve requires lots of passing to create a shot, and it's really really annoying when I'm trying to pass to someone in space (and in every other pro evo it would have went to him) but for some reason it goes to a different player with 2 guys marking him!
    This is pissing me off so much that I haven't played it all week. Normally i'd be well into a master league or become a legend, but with the rubbish passing the chances are I'll be trading it in.
    Posted the same thing on pesgaming, a few people are the same as me, but some people don't even notice.

First 4 or so games in.

Played a friendly as Ireland last night - lost 1-0 to Finland. Last minute PES cpu style of course.

But tonight I started a CL campaign with Villa....something seemed seriously off with the passing, every pass is slow/weak. I know they introduced the manual pass last year but this feels different.

I ended up switching the pass assist bar from 2 to 3 and might go higher to try and rectify the problem.

Not impressed early on and I quite liked PES 2010 and 2011.

How do you change attack/defense levels on the fly in this game?

Last year it was select and one of the shoulder buttons I think. But I can't get it to work.

Its L1+O or something,actually I cant remember off the top of my head,I'll check later on

• Advertisement

Its L1+O or something,actually I cant remember off the top of my head,I'll check later on

I guess I should really read the manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭duiggers

The keepers are absolute ****e. Diving past the ball or under the ball the majority of the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

noodler wrote: »
    First 4 or so games in.

Played a friendly as Ireland last night - lost 1-0 to Finland. Last minute PES cpu style of course.

But tonight I started a CL campaign with Villa....something seemed seriously off with the passing, every pass is slow/weak. I know they introduced the manual pass last year but this feels different.

I ended up switching the pass assist bar from 2 to 3 and might go higher to try and rectify the problem.

Not impressed early on and I quite liked PES 2010 and 2011.

I can't stand the passing. I put a thread on PESgaming and a lot of people agreed. Although some people have no problem with it. You can mess with pass assist mid game, I couldn't find a setting I liked though.

Movement of players is terrible. I know you can use the right stick to get a player to make a run, but when you're trying to dribble around someone it's a split second thing who you want to pass to, trying to use the R stick to select someone to make a run is impossible. Unless you're in acres of space.

I forgot about the keepers, they're terrible in this game too. There's not one aspect of this game that I like! Even online you can't seem to see how good someones connection is until you go to "Select Team", and once you're there you have to continue with the game.Traded it in yesterday for MW3! Feels weird not having the latest PES game.

Last years is far better. I found a few old PES games, including PES6, but the poxy PS3 isn't backwards compatable. I remember playing PES6 online, it actually was set up better than the newer games, the online rooms are woeful. Can't even replay someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

The last PES I really played/enjoyed was PES 4 on the ps2. I'm thinking about renting this game from xtra vision before buying just to see what its like. One thing that puts me off is the whole licensing issue. I've come across this:
    http://www.pes-patch.com/

Anyone here every download that for the ps3? If so how? :o

James__10 wrote: »
    The last PES I really played/enjoyed was PES 4 on the ps2. I'm thinking about renting this game from xtra vision before buying just to see what its like. One thing that puts me off is the whole licensing issue. I've come across this:
    http://www.pes-patch.com/

Anyone here every download that for the ps3? If so how? :o

They are patches for the PC, not the PS3. You'll find ps3 patches here:

http://www.pesgaming.com/forumdisplay.php?f=332

Is it just a case of downloading these to a USB key?

Is it just a case of downloading these to a USB key?

Pretty much.

Take the GTM Pro World option file for example:

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=86906

It contains 406 files.

Create a folder on your USB called PS3 (Has to be in capitals)

Inside that folder, create another one called SAVEDATA (Has to be in capitals)

Save the 406 files into the SAVEDATA folder.

Then turn on your PS3, go to game > Saved Data Utility (PS3). Find your USB, and transfer each file one by one by pressing ▲ and copying each file. There is no way to transfer them all at one time, so make yourself a cup of tea first.

Turns out xtra-vision (Dundalk) don't have PES for rental :mad:

Finally got the game for rental. Is there any commentary patches?

• Advertisement

Finally got the game for rental. Is there any commentary patches?

Only for the PC version.

PS3 versions can edit Jerseys, emblems, player names, appearances, transfers, stats, and created stadiums only.

Advertisement