Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pes 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Adding the patch to the game is taking an eternity. How long did it take people to add them? Hope its worth it :) I haven't downloaded the Konami Patch yet? Can someone send me a link? I've half of the kits done

noodler wrote: »
    You did download the Konami update first and not after, right?

Going through the painful process of copying files now.

Anyone know what symobl the System Data file uses? I am just copying like a zomb ie here and am afraid I will copy it by mistake.

I am past the jersies and onto the stadiums now.

I'm after pain going through the files one by one I loaded up PES but they aren't there? I forgot to download the system update before I added them but I done it afterwards. Now what?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

James__10 wrote: »
    I'm after pain going through the files one by one I loaded up PES but they aren't there? I forgot to download the system update before I added them but I done it afterwards. Now what?

My understanding is the Konami update overwrites files you transferred over.

You now need to transfer them again...however I don't know for certain if:

1) You can just copy over the edit file

or

2) You must copy every file over again.

My understanding is the Konami update overwrites files you transferred over.

You now need to transfer them again...however I don't know for certain if:

1) You can just copy over the edit file

or

2) You must copy every file over again.

Ah balls! Looks like i'm going to have to add the files again :mad:

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Ya you have to go through this process when you download it

1. Download Option File
    2. Unzip it (using eg WinRAR)
    3. Insert USB into PC
    4. Make a new folder on your USB called PS3, then inside that create another folder called SAVEDATA
    5. Put the OF into the SAVEDATA folder, so you will have PS3>SAVEDATA>(files/folders of OF)
    6. Plug USB into PS3
    7. Go to Game -> Saved Data Utility
    8. Find your USB
    9. All the kits etc should show as single files, along with an Edit Data file, and a System Data file
    10. Start at the first kit, press Triangle and a Copy option will appear
    11. Copy onto your PS3
    12. Repeat for all kits (and put the kettle on)
    13. Also copy the Edit Data from the OF, but NOT the System Data
    14. Fire up PES 2012 and ENJOY!

Whats the OF?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Whats the OF?

The GTM Pro World one is recommended by many.

You need to register on the site before you can download it.

http://www.freewebs.com/gtmproworld/apps/auth/login?why=pw&try=1&wp=1&next=WEBPROTECT-downloadcenter.htm#801622223

OF stands for 'Option File', which is what these saves were called back in the PS2 era. Usually they're called patches now, but OF still stands for long time players of the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Option File.
    Step 1 there.

Option File.
    Step 1 there.

Ok i've copied all the fiels from the USB to the save data and still no sign.

maybe I missed out on this step?

How can you do this?

Sorry lads this is my first time "patching" the game :o

Ok i've copied all the fiels from the USB to the save data and still no sign.

maybe I missed out on this step?

How can you do this?

Sorry lads this is my first time "patching" the game :o

When you hover over each file for a sec it'll give you a file description of what it is,I think the edit and system data files are the last 2 on the list.
    You should have only copied over the edit data one I think.

When you hover over each file for a sec it'll give you a file description of what it is,I think the edit and system data files are the last 2 on the list.
    You should have only copied over the edit data one I think.

Sorted! Was missing the edit data file! I dont suppose theres a patch going for the commentary? its really bland!

• Advertisement

Sorted! Was missing the edit data file! I dont suppose theres a patch going for the commentary? its really bland!

I dunno,I think there's only one for the pc

And finally one last question. How do I add the custom chants to the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

So can anyone recommend any good players in Master League? Have to cheap though.

I'm managing Norwich and I have barely any money to spend. I brought in Palmeri and Shizmu on free transfers. I also managed to bring in Bresciano during the season but I had to sell him to pay the bills the following season.

I'm finding this years Master League harder than ever to recruit players. I like to play on 'Top Player' but to get out of the division with the default players is going to be tough. They seem even worse than normal. I wish they would bring back Cellini from PES 4.

The players coming to my office is also annoying me. I had one player who was out injured for 16 weeks. Then the week he is restored to fitness he comes to my office and asks why he hasn't been playing. Seriously!!

Shizmu has just requested a transfer. I'm pretty sure this is a new feature. It is pretty cool but not when your best player is the one looking to go.

I dunno man maybe some1 else knows on the forum

Save them on your ps3 as normal songs.

Then on Pes, go to Edit > Teams. Find the team you want to edit. Then go to 'Crowd Support'. Then change them through the User Library.

The good thing is you can edit every team's chants, even if they're licensed.

EDIT: A link to a few chants sorted by leagues.

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=86599

Just had a look at the Premier League one. Turns out it's for the 2011 version of the game. So QPR, Norwich, and Swansea aren't there.

Save them on your ps3 as normal songs.

Then on Pes, go to Edit > Teams. Find the team you want to edit. Then go to 'Crowd Support'. Then change them through the User Library.

The good thing is you can edit every team's chants, even if they're licensed.

EDIT: A link to a few chants sorted by leagues.

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=86599

Just had a look at the Premier League one. Turns out it's for the 2011 version of the game. So QPR, Norwich, and Swansea aren't there.

Thanks for all the help guys:)

Have to return the game monday to xtra vision. I'll be hoping to pick up a pre-owned version soon enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭dasdog

Haven't played PES for ages but I tried the demo and got this last night. First one I've bought since 09 which I hated, had a few online games, did ok (Croats beating Spain was sweet). Put the GTM (UK) option file on (600+ files to copy) but a lot easier than patching PES3/4 back in the day when you had to have a suite of tools and burn a disk with fingers crossed.

Not doing any of the new tricks as I haven't done training but things like direct free kicks seem a lot easier. There's a decent feel to it though.

dasdog wrote: »

Not doing any of the new tricks as I haven't done training but things like direct free kicks seem a lot easier. There's a decent feel to it though.

I can't score a free kick to save my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I can't score a free kick to save my life.

I've scored one. And I saved it too :pac: Found scoring in the demo far far easier. All you had to do in the demo was aim it slightly outside the post the keeper is covering and smash it into the top corner.

Now though, I find that I hit the post or it goes narrowly wide or the keeper saves it. The one I did score was a floated, hold-down attempt that was on the edge of the box. What I do miss, is the ability to hold-down, press circle and fill the power bar and the ball goes under the wall. Confused and probably enraged so so many people online doing that :D

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Now though, I find that I hit the post or it goes narrowly wide or the keeper saves it. The one I did score was a floated, hold-down attempt that was on the edge of the box. What I do miss, is the ability to hold-down, press circle and fill the power bar and the ball goes under the wall. Confused and probably enraged so so many people online doing that :D

Ya I used to do that too,now it just smashs into the wall...:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

does anyone use the manual control of team mates? i stick it on assisted, so you press r3 and some team mate will decide to flat out leg it directly forwards but with manual you can get them to move whereever you want with r3, it's impossible for me though. You're effectivelly controlling two players at once.

Leftist wrote: »
    does anyone use the manual control of team mates? i stick it on assisted, so you press r3 and some team mate will decide to flat out leg it directly forwards but with manual you can get them to move whereever you want with r3, it's impossible for me though. You're effectivelly controlling two players at once.

I tried to at the start but its just too much effort

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

when taking a free kick, does anyone take the approach of holding down the kick button for a bit then letting go and then holding down again (a double press) or do you just press down once?

in the middle of a premier league at the moment - really enjoying it! i sit down in the evening saying to myself "two games of PES and then onto BF3"....always end up playing PES for my full session...

I'm using the GTM Option file too which is brilliant - I dunno if the v0.2 is out yet though - so much work copying the files across....can i just copy across the updated files or do you have to copy across everything all over again??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

when taking a free kick, does anyone take the approach of holding down the kick button for a bit then letting go and then holding down again (a double press) or do you just press down once?

in the middle of a premier league at the moment - really enjoying it! i sit down in the evening saying to myself "two games of PES and then onto BF3"....always end up playing PES for my full session...

I'm using the GTM Option file too which is brilliant - I dunno if the v0.2 is out yet though - so much work copying the files across....can i just copy across the updated files or do you have to copy across everything all over again??

Only have to copy updated files I think

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

I think free-kicks are alot easier than last years game.

Online is pretty much the same with a few slight improvments here & there.

Why did take out the "wing-back" posistion? I know alot of teams don't play with that system anymore where they use wing-backs but theres still a few teams who used it like Napoli. Just compltetly ruins there formation.

I used to do this in the older games, more of a habit really. I tend to hold the button for too long and I blast the ball into row z.

Tapping it twice gives me more control of the power.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Can't play this for more than a few matches at a time... angers me too much when a perfect pass is let go by a player who was making a run in the exact place, only to overrun himself and spend an eternity trying to turn around again. Drives me :mad:

So many little niggles with this game ruin it for me. The last game had it's flaws but was still fun to play. This, not so much.

Maybe I just need to start the ML, that always got me going in a PES game, but the annoying little things with this one are just so off putting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

Liking it more and more. If you practise the defending it gets better. It's much more a challenge than previous years.
    I hated it with a passion when I couldn't defend but it's been worth the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Got hooked on my first run in ML online tonight.

Tough playing against other people who have souped up teams when I have to start with Ordaz etc but signed Long and Iversen last night and will slowly build a team to match!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Got hooked on my first run in ML online tonight.

Tough playing against other people who have souped up teams when I have to start with Ordaz etc but signed Long and Iversen last night and will slowly build a team to match!

Try to sign the youngster Lansbury. I managed to get him very cheaply but he is excellent. Not quite in Shimzu's class but he will get there.

Advertisement