Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pes 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Have an issue with the option file,copied them all across but nothing seems to have worked, any ideas?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

razorblunt wrote: »
    Have an issue with the option file,copied them all across but nothing seems to have worked, any ideas?

Mite seem a stupid response but did you follow the steps exactly?

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Mite seem a stupid response but did you follow the steps exactly?

Yep word for word, I even went back through to ensure I had copied every single file.

Not sure what the problem is,sorry man

Just going to delete them and try again, everytime I see a generic red jersey I die a little inside!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Anyone notice any difference with the 1.03 patch?

Anyone notice any difference with the 1.03 patch?

I dunno but this is what they've meant to have changed

-Improved goalkeeper response towards long range shots
    -Readjustments to the strength of the skill card "speed merchant" (toned down as it deemed too strong)
    -Changes in search conditions when looking for oppenents online("friendly mach" chaned to "pass support")
    -Improvements to a variety of modesfor an enhance overall gaming experience.

I haven't noticed any differences.

I just wish they would fix it so that the CPU didn't treat free kicks near the area as a penalty kick. It must score 8 out of every 10 free kicks near the penalty area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Just can't take any more of this game. Been playing it since ISS days, and it's just getting progressively worse.

Online = Runners & Cheats Aplenty. So hard to find someone who plays a nice passing game. It's just 'Give it to Messi/ Ronaldo and RUN' :mad:

Shooting is dire, there's no feel to it like there used to be. It's also way too fast, to the point of feeling like an arcade game. It's an immensely frustrating experience.

I'm buying my first FIFA tomorrow and hoping for a more realistic game of football.

I've put enough hours into this game to make some definite judgements now on how I feel about the game.
    • PES 2011 was a real step in the right direction. However, PES 2012 is a backwards step.
    • It has been my experience that the CPU rarely scores from free play. When it does it is usually from one of two situations. Either straight from the kick-off and I don't get a touch before it is in the net. Is it that my team isn't set up to defend straight from kick-off? Secondly, it tends to score a lot in first half injury time.
    • As I mentioned in a previous post the CPU treats free-kicks around the area as penalty kicks. It scores 8 out of every 10 free-kicks I'd say.
    • I find in a tight game that if you give away a corner you may as well put the controller down as the CPU is very likely to score.
    • This one is not necessarily just PES 2012 but previous games. When given a free-kick that I want to simply pass to a nearby player it so often goes to the opposition. Is that just me?
    • In Football Life mode (aka Master League) it constantly annoys me when I have a player complaining about not being picked when he has just returned to fitness after 6 months out injured. How was I supposed to pick him?
    • On a similar note I find it funny that some players tell me how surprised they were to play the full 90 minutes as they were not expecting it. This is despite being a first team starter for 3 consecutive seasons.

The main problem with all this is that despite these faults I still find myself coming back again and again. I may give it a rest for a few days but soon find myself wanting a game of PES. Only to be frustrated by it 30 minutes later :confused:

Does anyone agree or am I way off? Any more points to add?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Agree with all your points mate, I'd add that it seems so much harder to make a standing tackle compared to previous games and that free-kicks are still being given for absolutely nothing. Really amn't enjoying this new PES so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Got my option file here http://www.gtmproworld.blogspot.com/p/dl-center-uk.html It's for PS3 version.

Had a small problem installing the edit data (forgot to upgrade the version of the game 1st) When copying from USB the data transfer used to hang at 99% after several retries and curses I simply set up another folder on a different USB stick and just put the edit data on it (I had jerseys etc. copied) It copied 1st try.

I didn't bother with any OF updates,I'll wait 'til after the transfer window shuts again.

Just thought I'd throw up a vid of some goals online I scored

*yes i'm argentina but i only get the one i think with messi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I'm offline and want a option file for the Xbox 360 can you download one on a USB Stick for the 360 or do you need a online connection.

GTR63 wrote: »
    I'm offline and want a option file for the Xbox 360 can you download one on a USB Stick for the 360 or do you need a online connection.

Well you didn't need an online connection for the ps3 one so I imagine its no different for the xbox but I can't be certain

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I got PES 2012 during the week.

For the 2nd year in a row, I've not bought PES at launch, being a massive fan of the FIFA series for last 5 years having been a devout PES player in the golden era (PES 2-6) I have had no real plans for buying the game at all since PES 2008, but last year 2011 dropped to €15 around January so I bought it and kind of fell in love with it. It was'nt a brilliant game, there were loads of things fundamentally wrong with it, but I created my Sunday League team perfectly in edit mode and started a Master League and had some serious fun with it. I decided to give 2012 a go, and I have done the same thing with Master League, although I've come across a problem I'll talk about in a bit, and I still know deep down I prefer the FIFA series, some things in this game come off and I just think, "My god, that was just outrageously realitic." I mean, I've scored some goals with Ordaz and Hamsun that have come straight off Match Of The Day. There are alot of things right with this game, but still too many wrong.

Now, my Master League. WTF! I started my campaign and after the extremely Konami cinematics around my appointment as manager, I started to make moves in the transfer market. I brought the world class Shimizu up from the Youth Team along with 2 or 3 others, but I needed actual players to make my team stronger. After a few attempts I was about to start the league season with new recruits John Utaka, Craig Gardner, Alcaraz and Sam Ricketts. Happy enough. But my weird Russian assistant coach kept telling me we were way over budget. I had like €3m to spend, and had around €500k left, but I didnt know this was for wages aswell??? The Youth Team lads I brought up were on €100k each like! So we went bankrupt, the chairman hates me, and almost all of my First Team were released, goodbye Utaka, off to some west-midlands team Craig Gardner... I have 3 rejects left, and then 13 lads from the Youth Team who I had already determined not ready, as my squad. I won my first game 1-0.

How do you acquire players in ML and not go bankrupt?

Also, just downloaded an option file, followed Perrin's very helpful instructions, copied about 450 files to the PS3 which took around 40 mins... It was an EU option file. I needed a UK one.

FML.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Also, just downloaded an option file, followed Perrin's very helpful instructions, copied about 450 files to the PS3 which took around 40 mins... It was an EU option file. I needed a UK one.

FML.

Ah crap...
    With regards to the master league,I'm struggling myself,barely stayed afloat my 2nd season,got fifa last year so didn't play the master league in pro 11 but they've changed stuff around.so when i started this one I made all the wrong decisions and rightly screwed myself.

Ah crap...
    With regards to the master league,I'm struggling myself,barely stayed afloat my 2nd season,got fifa last year so didn't play the master league in pro 11 but they've changed stuff around.so when i started this one I made all the wrong decisions and rightly screwed myself.

Yeah I got lulled into a false sense of security thinking I could bring in players who can actually play like in previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

Done my first season in ml came second tried to buy players in jan not a sniff everyone says no. So put it onto coach mode to let him look after things buys alias of monkeys that are rated 42 etc so season ends I try sign few that are out contract or transfer listed I finally get a signature mr Kevin Doyle. So happy enough with that I see if the scout lad will do me justice give him the cheque book but still back to buying monkeys. Dunno what to do now Kev Doyle wouldn't score in a brothel and the monkeys can't even do there own boots struggling probably get relegated now. Any help with what to do

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »

Have a look here,this is where I got my option file link (PS3) Great info and step by step instructions no matter what version you have.

http://www.pesgaming.com/forumdisplay.php?f=333

Transfers this year are a pain in the hole,couldn't even get into discussions with anyone bar bring up a youth team player.In last years version it was a matter of Pick player,press X,enter negotiations and see how it goes,this time it's Press X and just get the comparison option and nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,352 ✭✭✭✭noodler

zerks wrote: »
    Transfers this year are a pain in the hole,couldn't even get into discussions with anyone bar bring up a youth team player.In last years version it was a matter of Pick player,press X,enter negotiations and see how it goes,this time it's Press X and just get the comparison option and nothing else.

You can only be in negotiations with 3 at a time.

So the transfer option won't be there if you are currently in negotiations with someone.

However, and has been the case in PES for years, even when someone knocks you back - the game still won't let you try to sign somebody else until the following week (i.e. like your scout needs an extra week to get over it after being told no or something - weird).

I am finally top of the championship with a half a dozen games left (top player or prorfessional - which ever is 2nd hardest). 4th season.

My only non youth signings are Kieth Andrews, a class DMF called Juceli, Jo, Davis (goalkeeper).

Luckily in my 3rd season Fillipo Inzaghi showed up in my youth team with Jari Litmanen so they were purchased.

Duffy shows up as a DMF in your youth team from the start but is actually class at both LB and RB (should be your first signing).

Pelaez (left winger) has been an utter disaster for me (won't grow at all).

Jaric and Palmeri (CBs) are class as usual.

Shimzu's stats are unreal but I can never get him to replicate his stats on the pitch as he is too weak to go around people.

Zarate has turned into a very good striker (had to ut my losses onm Riberio despite what others said about him).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Brought pes in america,When I go Into the Football life and play master league,all the player on every team are the same,like there no andy carroll for liverpool or gerrard,its all made up names :eek:,Whats the story with this ?

Brought pes in america,When I go Into the Football life and play master league,all the player on every team are the same,like there no andy carroll for liverpool or gerrard,its all made up names :eek:,Whats the story with this ?

Is it just in the master league that this happens?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is it just in the master league that this happens?

yup,so strange,I'm guessing it hasn't happened to anyone else?

yup,so strange,I'm guessing it hasn't happened to anyone else?

There used to be an option when you started the game to use the default squad or use fake players but I thought that only applied to the team you picked.

There used to be an option when you started the game to use the default squad or use fake players but I thought that only applied to the team you picked.

I'll post a pic and show ye what I mean :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Afaik, you can only select the original squad players if you unlocked that option by earning enough pes points. Other than that, you're stuck playing with Ximelez, Espinas, Minanda and co. The heroes that they are :p

In a slightly related point, I've discovered that, not only do I dislike this years pes, I hate it. There's no fun in the game anymore. It was once such a great arcade style game and now its almost like an arcade/sim hybrid that doesn't quite work. The passing was ambitious but doesn't function in the way it was supposed to, with players constantly checking back resulting in you losing possession, players stepping over the ball, pass going beyond where you wanted it to; there's player selection problems, again. You want to select a player on one side of the ball but it selects one on the other. Same problem as the last two installments.

Shooting is terrible, no two ways about it. There used to be a way for you to gauge how much power you required from practice, now it seems every single shot should be taken in a different manner. Never before playing a soccer game does it require me to be in the box before I can score a goal, as anything remotely outside the box is either a tame daisy cutter or a 'point' no matter how varied my shot power is.

Like I said, there's no fun in this years game, even master league couldn't save it for me. It may be a petty thing but jesus, the amount of times you have to press 'x' in order to advance to the next match is a joke. I couldn't give a shyte what tactics the team I'm playing use, nor do I care that a player is unhappy or that the board have tasks for me to achieve. Again, it seems the game wants to be something it isn't, a manager sim.

I've honestly had enough of it. Even the first game on the new gen consoles was playable, this however is not. And I say that as a 'professional' pes player, having played every single version of international superstar soccer through to 2012 and even competed nationally and internationally. First time I'm ever trading in a pes title.

/rant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Anyone playing this on PC ? is it ok online ?any problems getting a match.

Advertisement