Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sword bag

Options
  • 17-08-2011 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

So I purchased a blunt broadsword (with scabbard) for practice which arrived a yesterday but I forgot to get a bag.

Does anyone know if any shops in Dublin actually sell something like a long bag which is can put the sword in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

You may have more luck in the martial arts forum.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=264

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

jan shyr wrote: »
    So I purchased a blunt broadsword (with scabbard) for practice which arrived a yesterday but I forgot to get a bag.

Does anyone know if any shops in Dublin actually sell something like a long bag which is can put the sword in?

try a gunshop..a shotgun sleeve should do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Try Mullens sports on the corner of Mary Street and Capel street, they do weapons so may have bags for swords. phone number is 872 6740.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

go to a fabric shop and make your own

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jan shyr

go to a fabric shop and make your own
    This never crossed my mind but I like the idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Go into elverys and see if you can pick up a hockey or cricket carrier bag that will do the job, Mullens will probably charge you twice the price of one for a crappy bag.

Failing that, go into rorys fishing shop and try one of their fishing rod bags

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Yeah, making one ought to be easy. That way you can choose the cloth etc. Depending on the weight, you might be better off with some kind of curtain fabric or a heavy canvas kind of thing I guess.

Advertisement