Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCA results, how did you do :D

• 17-08-2011 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering how all the other LCA boardsies got on and what your plans are PLC's, work etc.

I got a distinction, 95%, I am absolutely delighted with the result. I have been accepted into to an Applied Animal Science course and hope to go into veterinary in some capacity.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering how all the other LCA boardsies got on and what your plans are PLC's, work etc.

I got a distinction, 95%, I am absolutely delighted with the result. I have been accepted into to an Applied Animal Science course and hope to go into veterinary in some capacity.

That's amazing! :eek: Well done! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Hi all,

That's amazing! :eek: Well done! :D
    Why thank you (blushing) hehe :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

That's a great mark and difficult to get in the LCA. You should be very proud of yourself.
    Good luck with college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

well done...i got 85% distinction aswell , its nice to get a good result after all the interviews , computer exam , work placements and trying to keep your attendins up ect..im going to go to fas and get an aprenticship in motor nechanics.....good luck with your career :D

well done...i got 85% distinction aswell , its nice to get a good result after all the interviews , computer exam , work placements and trying to keep your attendins up ect..im going to go to fas and get an aprenticship in motor nechanics.....good luck with your career :D

Well done, yeah you are right getting the result after all that hard work is amazing. People don't realise how much work goes into the LCA. Good luck with everything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Well done to both of you! :) 95% and 85% are both amazing scores! Hope you both end up doing what you want :)

Thanks Noel, its very nice to see some support for the LCA. Usually I refrain from saying that I am/was an LCA student as the bashing is not for the faint of heart. Apparently we are all thick, scumbags, would make nothing of ourselves and all the rest of it. I suppose it doesn't help that I attended a Youthreach as there is a massive prejudice there, undeservedly so IMHO.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Those sort of comments are usually made by people who don't actually know what the course entails. It's like the 'I once went on a bus through <insert name of area here> it's a kip' brigade.

As I've said before here, there are people who would get very high points in the standard LC who would not pass the LCA - they measure very different skills. LCA, imo, prepares people much better for college as you can't get away with learning someone else's notes off and shovelling them back. You have to think for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Thanks Noel, its very nice to see some support for the LCA. Usually I refrain from saying that I am/was an LCA student as the bashing is not for the faint of heart. Apparently we are all thick, scumbags, would make nothing of ourselves and all the rest of it. I suppose it doesn't help that I attended a Youthreach as there is a massive prejudice there, undeservedly so IMHO.

Ah I know what you mean, it was the same in my school, but as my biology teacher was the head of LCA in our year, we helped them out at times during the year with questionnaires and surveys and the likes, and it's actually so different to the LC, but it's not easy at all! Like the ones in our year did surveys on stuff that we didn't even learn about in the LC, and it seems as if it's a lot stricter regarding attendance, etc. :) I think it'd be a better idea if LCA was more recognised by IT's and universities, because an extreme amount of work is put into it, equal to the amount that goes into the LC!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Congratulations to both of you! :D Those are some excellent results and you have every right to be proud.

• Advertisement

Well done, yeah you are right getting the result after all that hard work is amazing. People don't realise how much work goes into the LCA. Good luck with everything.

haha thanks i really worked hard for the two years although to be honest i dident do much study except for maths wich was me weekest writen subject...but i was very pleased with the overall result...i dont think il go for mechanics any more...but i will be doing some apprenticship
    with fas :D

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Well done to both of you! :) 95% and 85% are both amazing scores! Hope you both end up doing what you want :)

haha thanks very much...ill go and do some apprenticship with fas has to be decided yet :D

flyaway. wrote: »
    Congratulations to both of you! :D Those are some excellent results and you have every right to be proud.

haha thanks v much

thats exactly it ... people tell me its stands for lazy c*nts association..so i tell then to f*ck off :D...it was very handy to have only 4 days of school a week and i really enjoyed going to work experience on a friday ..it also helped me with my low confidence..as when you go to work experience you have no choice but to talk to staff/customers ect. and with the work experience i helps you improve your work ethic...like 500 -600 points is useless to you if you cant do a full days work.. youthreach? it dosent matter what fing school you go to if , if you went to the most expensive private boarding school it dosent matter if you dont put in the work...
    i hope you get on great and also i hope your happy at what your at...:D

thats exactly it ... people tell me its stands for lazy c*nts association..so i tell then to f*ck off :D...it was very handy to have only 4 days of school a week and i really enjoyed going to work experience on a friday ..it also helped me with my low confidence..as when you go to work experience you have no choice but to talk to staff/customers ect. and with the work experience i helps you improve your work ethic...like 500 -600 points is useless to you if you cant do a full days work.. youthreach? it dosent matter what fing school you go to if , if you went to the most expensive private boarding school it dosent matter if you dont put in the work...
    i hope you get on great and also i hope your happy at what your at...:D

I always got LCA = Lets count apples. Completely agree with you, I had low self confidence as well when I started. Now you could put me in any situation and I can easily make friends and get on with people. So glad I did it, it's a great program.

I always got LCA = Lets count apples. Completely agree with you, I had low self confidence as well when I started. Now you could put me in any situation and I can easily make friends and get on with people. So glad I did it, it's a great program.

it sure is:)

Advertisement