Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you listen to music while playing the Xbox?

Options
  • 17-08-2011 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭

If you do then who do you listen to? :)

If i'm playing a racing game, i'll usually stick on some trance etc. (various artists) but if i'm playing online on Gears or Battlefield i'll pop on some alt' rock (Biffy Clyro, Nickleback, Breaking Benjamin etc. etc.)

Pretty awesome shtuff :D

Having a remote control is handy aswell 'cause you can just skip song without pressing the Guide button and moving over to the media controls.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

I find the music to be annoying.

I tried playing Portal 2 with some tunes on but it was overdubbing Gladdos and if you ever played Portal, that's a big no no.

I tried doing it for COD and BF myself too, but I feel it takes away from the atmosphere of the game. Also having a playlist consisting of Cannibal Corpse,Suffocation,Nile to name a few.... it over shawdows all the in game FX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Destroyer666

gamercfc wrote: »
    If you do then who do you listen to? :)

If i'm playing a racing game, i'll usually stick on some trance etc. (various artists) but if i'm playing online on Gears or Battlefield i'll pop on some alt' rock (Biffy Clyro, Nickleback, Breaking Benjamin etc. etc.)

Pretty awesome shtuff :D

Having a remote control is handy aswell 'cause you can just skip song without pressing the Guide button and moving over to the media controls.

Only football games, commentary does my head in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I find the music to be annoying.

+1
    I tried playing Portal 2 with some tunes on but it was overdubbing Gladdos and if you ever played Portal, that's a big no no.

I tried doing it for COD and BF myself too, but I feel it takes away from the atmosphere of the game. Also having a playlist consisting of Cannibal Corpse,Suffocation,Nile to name a few.... it over shawdows all the in game FX

My sort of playlist! Well blast beats would suit war games no?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Con_R

For FPS games I wouldn't, since I like to listen out for enemy footsteps. For driving games, I'll whack on a bit of Dubstep or something. Other than that, it depends on whether the game itself has a decent soundtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

I usually have a podcast in the background while playing cod

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Only games I listen to music with are racing games, everything else it takes away from the atmosphere or makes it harder to hear something coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

Ah sure yeah, obviously listening to a Kollias blast while killing alot of Afghans can be fun. But it just doesen't work for me....Altough Morbid Angel does work now and again when playing. But still prefer it without music.

Do they still giving warnings like in Halo 3 that turning on the music may impact the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

the only game i listen to music in is full house poker.

as i feel its hard to fully commit in other games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

BLOPS Zombies, always listen to music as I have all the dialogue bleedin memorized at this point! Anything trashy and heavy does the job

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DanTheMan91

Normally only listen to music when I play Forza. Normally stick on some rap music. When I play Call of Duty I like to be ably to hear the game sounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

calex71 wrote: »
    Only games I listen to music with are racing games, everything else it takes away from the atmosphere or makes it harder to hear something coming.

Me too. The only time I listened to something was when playing card games on Red Dead. Otherwise I'm too busy paying attention to the game, looking for audio clues etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Yeah I throw on some music when playing unless I'm in story mode with a story and dialogue that has to be followed but multiplayer/racing/football games then it's music all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Yeah I throw on some music when playing unless I'm in story mode with a story and dialogue that has to be followed but multiplayer/racing/football games then it's music all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Depends entirely on the game for me. I couldn't listen to music while playing the likes of Dead Space or Mass Effect, because the experience is everything in these game. I also never listen to music during my first playthrough of a game. If I'm replaying a game (for achievements, collectables, hard mode or what-have-ya) then I'll probably listen to a few albums. Also fighting games and good tunes go hand-in-hand in my oppinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Sports games - Sometimes.
    Shooters - Never.
    Racing games - Cant play them without music.

Advertisement