Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

£25000 on an acre and a half

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭baaaa

Looks very labour intensive,I wonder how profitable it is without helpers/volunteers??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

baaaa wrote: »
    Looks very labour intensive,I wonder how profitable it is without helpers/volunteers??

I wonder how much is left over after costs.

Having said that there are some good ideas on natural methods of pest control. I like the idea of a "squadron of ducks" on slug/snail patrol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

baaaa wrote: »

I wonder would that redhead volunteer like to go farming in the west of Ireland:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Grecco wrote: »
    I wonder would that redhead volunteer like to go farming in the west of Ireland:D

Thanks grecco, you just made go have a look;)

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭shrubs

Damn you Grecco! That's 5 mins of my life that I'll never get back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭vcsggl

It's one thing growing it and that wouldn't be too difficult at all but it's another thing altogether selling it! You might well grow £25,000 worth of fruit and veg at your valuation but would folks actually buy it at the price you'd need to charge - very hard to compete with Lidl!!

George

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Would there be much interest in the farming community here in Ireland to change to a system like this?
    Hippy farmers with plenty volunteer workers and restaurants nearby that will pay a premium price for your produce, somehow I doubt it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

shrubs wrote: »
    Damn you Grecco! That's 5 mins of my life that I'll never get back!

Dont shoot the messenger
    Sure it costs nothing to look
    :D

Advertisement