Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Graco Fusio Pramette

Options
  • 17-08-2011 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭

Hi, I got the Graco Symbio Travel System last week after that's what I thought I wanted but I'm starting to think that it mightn't be ideal. You have to take the seat off the frame to fold it, so was thinking that if i go into town on the bus (dublin bus) and there are other buggies/wheelchairs on the bus, then it'd be hard to take the seat off to fold the frame, when you've a baby in your arms. My mam will be minding the baby from about 9 months & I'd say she'll venture into town at least once a week on the bus too, so wouldn't be fair on her either. Wouldn't be too bad once the baby is 18 months or so, because they can stand or sit down, but in the early days, I'd say that'd be so awkward. Anyone have any experience of this. As the buggy was bought in Smyths, I'll probably just exchange it for another there, so was veering towards the Graco Fusio Pramette. The buggy is from newborn & includes raincover, liner, footmuff, car seat & adaptor for €350. I can also get the carrycot to fit the frame if I wanted it. Anyone have one of these?

http://www.toys.ie/Graco-Fusio-Pramette-!108282-prd.aspx

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Nearly all the buggies need to be taken apart to be folded.
    Maybe get a stroller for the bus?
    We use the train all the time so a bigger heavier buggy is a must for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Really, got I'm so clueless. Wouldn't mind, but it took me ages to pick the Graco Symbio. It was only when my mother in law was watching the demo video & she said, god I'd hate to be getting on a bus with that, that it started niggling at me. I had been thinking it should be ok to just get on the bus & put the buggy in the spot for buggies & wheelchairs, but obviously you have to hope that there isn't more than 1 on the bus already. Then the other day I got on a bus that didn't have that at all, so would have no option but to fold it if I got one of them.

What do you think of the the Graco Fusio Pramette - link in 1st post? It folds with the seat on it & stands up when folded, so thinking that might be the solution to my problems. I know I can get a stroller too, but would be handy to have the choice, rather than do it because I have to. The buggy is from newborn up to 15kg too, so I don't need a carrycot if I don't want one & it takes 2kg more than the symbio.

Advertisement