Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accommodation for 2011/2012

Options
  • 17-08-2011 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I'm likely to get offered a place in UCD for the coming year but I am too late for on campus accommodation. Anybody interested in sharing a house apartment?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PrimalScream

Hey, I'm in pretty much the same boat as you. Left it too late to get on campus accommadation. Hoping to do Law, how about yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 brish

hoping to do veterinary. got 565 so hopefully ill be ok. what are you going to do to get accommodation. where u from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PrimalScream

I'm from Dublin, but the far side close to the Meath border, so I'm hoping to avoid the 3hr daily commute. Dunno really, trying to find people in a similar situation to myself firstly then probably check out daft.ie or something for a place close to college. Have you done any searching yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 brish

im looking at daft.ie at the moment but difficult to know what to do. any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 GAAFan123

brish wrote: »
    I'm likely to get offered a place in UCD for the coming year but I am too late for on campus accommodation. Anybody interested in sharing a house apartment?

Hey congrats! I got Vet M too! :)

What number were you on the list cos you could still get in? You should deifinitely try daft and check all the housing around Belfield but make sure its not too far away. You could also try staying with a family there as well. One of my neighbours did Vet and stayed with a family near UCD, handy as all your meals are cooked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Fergus_Nash

Oh we are all in the same boat here. Living in digs seems quite restrictive. From the ones I have looked at they are Sunday night to Friday morning - you can't stay over the weekend and you never know what b1tch you could have.

I'll be an Arts student so all you serious people will be screaming NO.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 t9106

If you're still looking for anyone I'd be interested in sharing. I'll be doing architecture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mmur91

Apparently I'm too far down the waiting list for UCD campus accommodation to get any, so I'm looking for other 1st years looking to houseshare near UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

How far down the list is too far does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Fergus_Nash

How far down the list is too far does anyone know?

Well I've heard on various forums here that my place, for example, at 2,275, is too low while another said that anybody in the first 3,000 is grand. I'd say that if you are not in the top 1,000-1,500 then start looking else where.
    mmur91 wrote: »
    Apparently I'm too far down the waiting list for UCD campus accommodation to get any, so I'm looking for other 1st years looking to houseshare near UCD.

Is that your number or the number of the house?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mmur91

[QUOTE=

Is that your number or the number of the house?[/QUOTE]

That's my number.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

mmur91 wrote: »

You might wanna edit your number out of your post. There's all kinds of weirdos on the internet !

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

Um, it doesn't show my place on the priority waiting list anymore, just says it's too late to join it. That's normal at this stage, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭doctorg

._. wrote: »
    Um, it doesn't show my place on the priority waiting list anymore, just says it's too late to join it. That's normal at this stage, right?

Where does it say that? I am about 2660 on the waiting list, do I have any chances of accommodation?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Exothermic

"Your UCD application has advanced to a point where you may not use this service to join the accommodation waitlist. Instead, you may book your accommodation at UCD Student Residences by using the Accommodation section of the online registration process or, if your registration is completed, visiting the Information for Students > Online Accommodation Menu section of UCD SISweb. "

You got that message too?
    I'm hoping that means that we're in, but I've no idea :/

Now, anybody know is booking accomm. something separate to registration? I'm a bit confused. They say we can only do registration from Thurs. 25th onwards, but accommodation will be offered tomorrow at 4pm.
    Do we register first and then do accommodation, or does it matter?
    Help please :P

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

Exothermic wrote: »
    "Your UCD application has advanced to a point where you may not use this service to join the accommodation waitlist. Instead, you may book your accommodation at UCD Student Residences by using the Accommodation section of the online registration process or, if your registration is completed, visiting the Information for Students > Online Accommodation Menu section of UCD SISweb. "

Now, anybody know is booking accomm. something separate to registration? I'm a bit confused. They say we can only do registration from Thurs. 25th onwards, but accommodation will be offered tomorrow at 4pm.

Yeah I get the same message and I'm in the low hundreds on the list.

As for the second part.. I'm confused about it too, about the whole thing tbh..
    We're supposed to be getting a letter (or email?) tomorrow about it so hopefully that'll clear a lot up.

Yeah I get the same message and I'm in the low hundreds on the list.

As for the second part.. I'm confused about it too, about the whole thing tbh..
    We're supposed to be getting a letter (or email?) tomorrow about it so hopefully that'll clear a lot up.

Whoa! So, I think I may have gotten a place if both yours and mine updated to the same message. Last I checked I was around 2212 on the list I think.
    ... Then again, I don't want to get my hopes up yet. We'll see tomorrow. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭cucbuc

As far as I know the email goes to your ucd connect email tomorrow evening if you have that up and running, and its a link from there that enables you to book a room. If not , then you get one the following day for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

cucbuc wrote: »
    As far as I know the email goes to your ucd connect email tomorrow evening if you have that up and running
    How can ya if ya can't register till Thursday?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 louisemono

Hi Are you male/female. Did you get ucd and are you still looking for accomodation. I am here at the moment and am to late to campus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 louisemono

Hi , in accomodation office at moment and they are telling me that there are only 800 rooms on campus so chances if you are above this number you are better to look elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

hi, does anyone know when you are giving your priority can you determine if you are sharing with first years only or a mixture of different years??
    thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

There's 800 rooms, but not everyone offered a room will take it, and not everyone on the waiting list was offered a place in UCD though..

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Shonagh

Also looking for a houseshare within walking distance of UCD, that's not too expensive.. And has internet. (if such a place exists!)

I'm 17, going into first year arts with music and french :) PM if anyone's interested please! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭doctorg

Exothermic wrote: »

I got the same message on mine, does it mean we are in?

doctorg wrote: »

I'm beginning to think it changed for everybody :/ So now I've no idea once again. :(

millington wrote: »
    How can ya if ya can't register till Thursday?:confused:
    You dont have to have registered to login to ucd connect, its your cao number=username and your dob=password. dd/mm/yy. Theres an email inbox then and thats where the email arrives to re booking a room.

I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

cucbuc wrote: »
    You dont have to have registered to login to ucd connect, its your cao number=username and your dob=password. dd/mm/yy. Theres an email inbox then and thats where the email arrives to re booking a room.
    Dead on! Thanks :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

doctorg wrote: »

Check your position, if you're interested in that sort of thing! They've obviously knocked the people that accepted elsewhere off of the list.

I've moved from 103 to 67 :D

Advertisement