Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accommodation for 2011/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

what.to.do wrote: »
    Check your position, if you're interested in that sort of thing! They've obviously knocked the people that accepted elsewhere off of the list.

I've moved from 103 to 67 :D
    How do you check your position mine doesnt come up at all anymore? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

How do you check your position mine doesnt come up at all anymore? :confused:

Go to ucd.ie and log into sis web with your CAO number and date of birth in the format DD/MM/YY, then go to "Student Services" at the top, and then go into UCD Residences.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

._. wrote: »
    Go to ucd.ie and log into sis web with your CAO number and date of birth in the format DD/MM/YY, then go to "Student Services" at the top, and then go into UCD Residences.

Thanks! This is all so confusing if it wasnt for boards I'd be curled in a ball crying about it all.

I moved from the mid 2,000's to 1050 so hopefully I'll get lucky tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Exothermic

I'm now 934, but does anybody know if that's out of everybody and they have yet to fill all the spaces (ie. I'm about 200-ish places from being offered a place) or is it that places are now taken and there is now less than the 7/800 places?
    Does that make sense? Barely... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

Anyone else on the HEAR list? I'm 19 and it hasn't moved in an hour, mate went from 1100 on the normal list to an offer in the same time! BTW he also got his offer around 470 on the list

• Advertisement

They seem to still be knocking people off the list..
    The first time I checked like an hour or 2 ago I was 341, then I refreshed about 10 min ago and I was 331, and then I refreshed again a few seconds later and I was 330 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

They seem to still be knocking people off the list..
    The first time I checked like an hour or 2 ago I was 341, then I refreshed about 10 min ago and I was 331, and then I refreshed again a few seconds later and I was 330 :P

ye same happened to me just there in the last 5 mins

yay, room in renovated Merville booked :D

934 to 881. :eek:
    I'm still mega confused if once you enter the 700-ish zone that you get a place or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

Room in Belgrove booked. :D
    I don't care if its meant to be ****e, its a brilliant location, and it has an oven! :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Exothermic wrote: »
    934 to 881. :eek:
    I'm still mega confused if once you enter the 700-ish zone that you get a place or not?

On the booking thing it looked like there was a load of rooms still available, So I'd be cautiously optimistic about it..

On the booking thing it looked like there was a load of rooms still available, So I'd be cautiously optimistic about it..

Yeah, I think I may have a shot in the coming days but I'm not gonna go getting up my hopes, because there's still an equal possibility that I won't. I'm getting to grips with daft.ie and the likes to scope out anything.

If it fails I'll be looking for house-share nearby with one other 1st year girl :) So I don't think I'll be on my own anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

millington wrote: »
    Anyone else on the HEAR list? I'm 19 and it hasn't moved in an hour, mate went from 1100 on the normal list to an offer in the same time! BTW he also got his offer around 470 on the list
    So just rang UCD to find out that the HEAR(priority) places still haven't been given out. WTF sort of priority is that!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Shonagh

I was 2067 on the list yesterday, got an email today saying I hadnt been offered a place, at 2pm I was 884 on the list, now I'm 519..

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JS0692

How do I see what number I am now? I was nearly 2900 the day of the CAO

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

Can someone please tell me if there's any rooms in Merville left available!? Or Belgrove? I've been trying but it won't work, I just get Muckross glenomena and some other one. I broke my mouse and now I have to try get it using the tab key and 'mouse keys'. I'm so ****ing desperate. I think I'm going to crack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭WatchOut

I checked UCD Connect and they told me that I currently am not accepted to accomodation yet but to check back again tomorrow at 4. Does that basically mean I have no chance? :(

WatchOut wrote: »
    I checked UCD Connect and they told me that I currently am not accepted to accomodation yet but to check back again tomorrow at 4. Does that basically mean I have no chance? :(

Not necessarily, I had the same but I've moved up the waiting list 1500 places since yesterday and every ten minutes or so I go up a further 15 places. Keep an eye on your email and stuff because you could get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Geezer1000

When are the places for those on the hear scheme offered?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭DANCE111

How do u know wat place u r on da list????? When I login 2 da residences I just get this message:

"Your UCD application has advanced to a point where you may not use this service to join the accommodation waitlist. Instead, you may book your accommodation at UCD Student Residences by using the Accommodation section of the online registration process or, if your registration is completed, visiting the Information for Students > Online Accommodation Menu section of UCD SISweb. "

• Advertisement

DANCE111 wrote: »
    How do u know wat place u r on da list????? When I login 2 da residences I just get this message:

"Your UCD application has advanced to a point where you may not use this service to join the accommodation waitlist. Instead, you may book your accommodation at UCD Student Residences by using the Accommodation section of the online registration process or, if your registration is completed, visiting the Information for Students > Online Accommodation Menu section of UCD SISweb. "

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭doctorg

Which ones are the best? I looking for it to be close as possible to the lectures but also be good!

Thank u so much...u r an absolute star!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jandek

It's asking for 'Student/Personnel No:' and for 'Pin'.

I'm assuming my 'Student/Personnel No:' is my CAO number, but what is my pin?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 EmerMur

Hi!! :)
    I'm going into 1st yr Science in UCD and me and my 2 friends are looking for 2 people to house share with us!! We've found a savage house but we need a total of 5 people!!
    PLEASE private message me if interested!!
    :)

jandek wrote: »
    It's asking for 'Student/Personnel No:' and for 'Pin'.

I'm assuming my 'Student/Personnel No:' is my CAO number, but what is my pin?????

your pin is your date of birth, like ddmmyy :)

I've gotten an offer for accom from UCD, but when i tried 2 book my room I got this message:

ERROR: Your application status does not permit selecting a room at this time. Please choose one of the available options below.

My application status is "License Agreement Pending"

Does anyone know wat 2 do?? I've been on an list for ages and am really anxious 2 book it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

DANCE111 wrote: »
    I've gotten an offer for accom from UCD, but when i tried 2 book my room I got this message:

ERROR: Your application status does not permit selecting a room at this time. Please choose one of the available options below.

My application status is "License Agreement Pending"

Does anyone know wat 2 do?? I've been on an list for ages and am really anxious 2 book it!!!

Email them. The same thing happened to my friend and everything went tits up. He got a room in the place he wanted, just not the house he wanted.

B_Fanatic wrote: »
    Email them. The same thing happened to my friend and everything went tits up. He got a room in the place he wanted, just not the house he wanted.
    Hi B Fanatic!

Did that and got sorted there a while ago! Thanks 4 ur help...ur a star! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

hey guys!!!

quick tip for those of you that can't get on campus accommodation...go to ucd website and it'll redirect you to findahome.ie, also look on daft sharing. i have a friend with digs avail about 10 mins walk from ucd if anyones interested PM me

:)

Advertisement