Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accommodation for 2011/2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭WatchOut

I was number 2,800 and something and I got offerred accomodation and I've booked myself into Merville. So if your anywhere under 3,000, I think everyone will be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭WatchOut

B_Fanatic wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me if there's any rooms in Merville left available!? Or Belgrove? I've been trying but it won't work, I just get Muckross glenomena and some other one. I broke my mouse and now I have to try get it using the tab key and 'mouse keys'. I'm so ****ing desperate. I think I'm going to crack.

Hey, I just got Merville today. I was looing through the list of all the houses there and I think they still have quite a few spaces left, I think you could still get a place, best of us luck with it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

WatchOut wrote: »
    I was number 2,800 and something and I got offerred accomodation and I've booked myself into Merville. So if your anywhere under 3,000, I think everyone will be fine.

I was number 2530 at the start and I haven't gotten accomodation yet :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 louisemono

Hi guys! I have a house in roebuck castle, clonskeagh. I am an arts student just starting in ucd. In the house there is 3 rooms, 1single room and 2twin rooms. The single room is gone and one twin room is gone. If anyone is interested in the other room could they please let me know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 eakj

louisemono wrote: »
    Hi guys! I have a house in roebuck castle, clonskeagh. I am an arts student just starting in ucd. In the house there is 3 rooms, 1single room and 2twin rooms. The single room is gone and one twin room is gone. If anyone is interested in the other room could they please let me know

What's the rent? can you post a link to the house? I don't want to share rooms though.

Also, if you were 2800 and I was 2500 how have you got a room and I haven't ? o__O
    I'm now 228 and haven't gotten anything so far "/

• Advertisement

It's 97.50 a week without bills. Trying to look for link now, it's jus beside ucd! The only thing left is a twin room.

It's 97.50 a week without bills. Trying to look for link now, it's jus beside ucd! The only thing left is a twin room.

Is that per person if the room is shared?

if we have 5 in the house, its 97.50.... but if u keep room as single, ul have to pay twice the price

Just booked into Merville. From what I can tell it's mostly Glenmona left.

Just booked into Merville. From what I can tell it's mostly Glenmona left.

when did you get your email? I must have been roundabout the same rank as you on the list

• Advertisement

eakj wrote: »
    when did you get your email? I must have been roundabout the same rank as you on the list

Was just about to pm you and let you know. I got it half an hour ago I think I was at number 42 on the list at 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JohnnyBoii

Der is no e-mails guys just log into ucd sis web with ur cao number and your pin will be your date of birth dd/mm/yr

e.g 13/02/92

JohnnyBoii wrote: »
    Der is no e-mails guys just log into ucd sis web with ur cao number and your pin will be your date of birth dd/mm/yr

e.g 13/02/92

And they send you an email to your ucd account.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jandek

And they send you an email to your ucd account.

And also to the email you used for the CAO

jandek wrote: »
    And also to the email you used for the CAO

I didnt get any to that account

• Registered Users Posts: 13 koph

Hi guys!
    Need some help. Initially I applied on the waiting list and was number 436 but I havent heard anything from ucd and havent got any emails to my normal account. So i went to the ucd website and joined the waiting list again and am now 1994 so Im starting to panic that i wont get half decent accommodation. Also now on the website it asks me for the Pin but i have no idea where i am meant to find that... Just really want to get this sorted now,:confused::confused::confused:
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
    thanks
    sophie

koph wrote: »
    Hi guys!
    Need some help. Initially I applied on the waiting list and was number 436 but I havent heard anything from ucd and havent got any emails to my normal account. So i went to the ucd website and joined the waiting list again and am now 1994 so Im starting to panic that i wont get half decent accommodation. Also now on the website it asks me for the Pin but i have no idea where i am meant to find that... Just really want to get this sorted now,:confused::confused::confused:
    thanks
    sophie

your pin is your birthday ddmmyy
    guessing you stand no chance now honey, sorry I'd start looking elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Exothermic

koph wrote: »
    Hi guys!
    thanks
    sophie

I think what has happened is that you've been checking the wrong email and missed your offer. You need to log onto UCD SISWeb and go to the email there. Your username to log on is your CAO number, and the PIN or password will be your date of birth in DDMMYY format. For example, today is the 28th of August 2011 so that translates to 280811.
    I would suggest looking off-campus for accommodation at this stage though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭cucbuc

I'd say ring the accommodations office in the morning too, and explain your situation. It cant hurt anyway, and I bet you are not the only person it has happened to.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

I'm lucky enough to have secured on-campus accommodation, but the move in date is the fifth. I'm timetabled for orientation talks at ten that morning.

My question is, how do I apply for early check in? I know it costs a few bob, but I don't really see any alternative! :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

How much does it cost to get early check in? Where does it say that it has a fee?

I think to apply you email residences@ucd.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

Well one of my soon-to-be-housemates applied and had to pay about thirty euro, but she's planning on moving in the saturday..

Thanks a mil!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭cxh20y

Do all Merville apartments have no oven!?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

cxh20y wrote: »
    Do all Merville apartments have no oven!?

The new ones do not, but I *think* that the old ones do. Do you know whether you are in a renovated house or not?

Thanks :) I read that houses 15-26 are renovated? If that's the case, I'm in renovated. House 23. Not sure if that's correct though :\

Thanks :) I read that houses 15-26 are renovated? If that's the case, I'm in renovated. House 23. Not sure if that's correct though :\

Yea as far as I know, that is renovated, therefore has no oven. I've only ever been in renovated Merville, and they are nice - Roebuck or Glenomena doesn't have ovens either!

Disaster! How am I going to bake... Will probably have to invest in a george foreman for normal cooking then!

Disaster! How am I going to bake... Will probably have to invest in a george foreman for normal cooking then!

Well there's still hobs, but it's not ideal, especially if you like baking!

You can buy countertop ovens, or halogen ovens like this (I've never used either, but I have a friend who swears by halogen ovens).

Well there's still hobs, but it's not ideal, especially if you like baking!

You can buy countertop ovens, or halogen ovens like this (I've never used either, but I have a friend who swears by halogen ovens).

Haha thanks. Is Merville nice then? Anything I should be warned about?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tuffcookie

Hiya, i was just wondering if that twin room you posted about is still available? Im starting 1st year Science in UCD &looks like i've missed out on campus accomodation. If you could email me a link of the house that'd be great cos id loove t get accom sorted at this stage :)
    Thanks a mil :)

Advertisement